tuscl

All Time Venues

Maybe it's here, maybe it ain't no more. But what all some all time venues be it sports, music, even strip clubs whatever places you gotta go or places you've always wanted to check out.

MLB-I've hit all 30 MLB stadiums. Wrigley and Fenway are awesome and must visits. I never got to the old Tiger Stadium that one would've been cool. San Francisco's stadium is amazing with a view over the entire bay. Really cool for the newer ones. The old Yankee stadium just had this energy but you know what it was falling apart what are you gonna stadium. Fenway and Wrigley are ballparks, Yankee Stadium was a Stadium probably little tougher to maintain.

NBA-I'm one of the guys when I'm at MSG who's like did we seriously destroy Grand Central Station for this? I can't get past that, it's otherwise a nice arena but God damn.

NFL- I'd like to get to Soldier Field before they knock it down. 1924 oldest in the league.

Nascar-I'd like to hit the Indy Motorspeedway one day.

Music so many music venues I have on my list.

-I'd like to hit First Avenue in Minneapolis (From the film Purple Rain (1984) with Prince)

-CBGB's I never got to which I regret

-I was recently at a John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown band concert at The Stone Pony in Asbury Park. Famous Jersey place, a lot of history. If you like Springsteen that's where he started out and even met his wife there.

- I had a chance to see The Pretenders at Bimbo's 365 (1931) in SF. But Christy Hyde was saying NO HITS. Fuck that. Look I don't mind new stuff or b side stuff but damn I love the Pretenders hits. I'm not paying top dollar for shit that couldn't be a single. I passed on it but I kinda think maybe I just should've wen for the venue.

-There's a place on the Brooklyn waterfront, it's not a venue, it's just like an empty lot but I saw STP there and you can literally see the entire Manhattan skyline the background. Scott Weiland was stoked about it.

-Been Whiskey A Go Go in LA, really small but cool.

-Haven't done the Apollo yet (If I see something good there I'll go just a train ride away) or Red Rock's Ampitheater in Colorado. And of course the new Sphere in Vegas looks badass.

21 comments

• Muddy
    2 days ago
    Hope that wasn't too long. Hey anybody get to the old Studio 54? That'd be amazing.
  • aham5
    2 days ago
    Not one SC makes your list? You have reviewed like 900 clubs.... not one stands out?
  • Muddy
    2 days ago
    I sort of wrote about the strip club side of that already. I don't want write too too much on one thread. https://tuscl.net/article/59132

Been to High Rollers since then. Old school old school I guess.

Mary's changed buildings idk why the fuck they would do that.

Sapphire in Vegas really is a palace. Amazing building.

And then there are places we hold holy on here that are gonna have some appeal because their status in the mongering world.

BELAX is still hallowed ground to me. So hallowed that that's my dried cum on the floor.

All time though I gotta say Crazy Horse in SF. Old time movie theater, it's just cool to me.

I think a lot of the private owned gimmicky places that had sort of their own unique touch, they probably just get bought out by one of the Rick's brands of strip clubs. Which probably helps the club get nice but takes away the soul.
  • Nixur68
    2 days ago
    Sapphire is so overrated. Hell, I don't think of the clubs in Vegas are that great building wise. They have no character, run down or just weird layouts because it was a modeled whatever.
  • Muddy
    2 days ago
    *Old Penn Station
  • caseyx
    2 days ago
    I agree - MSG is totally generic. But I can't think of any modern arena that stands out like the old Boston Garden, for instance. Wish I could have made it to the original, original Yankee Stadium, pre-renovation but the renovated version was still an awesome spot. I love old ballparks: Fenway and Wrigley are my favs, Old Comiskey and Tiger both had that great stadium-built-in-the-teens feel.
  • blahblahblahs
    a day ago
    The old yankee stadium was a dump.
  • hepguy
    a day ago
    I've been to all MLB stadia except Miami.
    I've not been there but I believe Soldier Field was extensively renovated some years ago.
    Never been to old Studio 54 but recently it's been used as a regular stage theater.
  • Muddy
    a day ago
    One common trait between the worst MLB stadiums for me at least, is they were indoors. Just didn't like the indoor ones near as much as the outdoor ones.
  • Icey
    a day ago
    I wish i could have seen the Tunnel and Limelight in NYC. Utopia in Las Vegas
  • motorhead
    a day ago
    If you like college basketball, you gotta see a game at Hinkle Fieldhouse in Indianapolis. The Cathedral of college basketball. Built some time in the 20’s.
    a day ago
    Music venues Ryman Auditorium in Nashville and Beacon Theater in NYC come to mind.
    a day ago
    Sports venues Madison Square Garden (the Mecca), Boston Garden, and the old Yankee Stadium.
  • Studme53
    a day ago
    Couple classic venues in Philly:
    Tower Theater- I saw some great concerts at this relatively small venue that got all the best rock bands in the 80s. I saw Tom Petty, Pretenders, Thin Lizzy, Graham Parker and a bunch of others there. A lot of live albums were record there because the acoustics and crowd was always great.

The Palestra on Penn Campus is a great venue for college basketball- the Philly City Series with the Big 5 teams in their prime (again the 1980s) were some of the best, most intense games I’ve ever been to.
  • skibum609
    a day ago
    Fenway Park tops them all. I loved Yankee stadium which I went to , many times in the 60s' The old Boston Garden was built for boxing, and sucked for everything else, but I saw Pink Floyd, Alice Cooper, Yes and a lot of old-time bands there.
    The Rathskeller in Bosth i.e. the Rat was the granddaddy of all music venues in Boston open from 74-97. I saw the Cars, R.E.M., Ramones and The Talking Heads there.
    The old Club Fantasies in Providence, where you'd walk in the door and 5 feet away there'd be a topless dancer on stage. The Basin parking lot off Rt 93 in NH which had the most amazing view of "The Old Man of the Mountain" before it crashed to earth and we lost a connection with colonial times.
  • magicrat
    a day ago
    The Fox Theater in Atlanta. It has the most lavish restrooms I've ever seen in a venue.
  • skibum609
    a day ago
    The carpet in the base lodge of Snow Basin ski resort is English Wilton and the sconces on the walls and faucets etc. in the restrooms are gold plated. The place is so ritzy I feel out of place inside.
  • Jascoi
    a day ago
    I'd like to hit most of the national parks and also Washington DC and New York New York and see the SS United States before they sink it or scrap it or whatever... Also I'd like to see the change of color in the fall in New England.And then there's world travel like Europe, South America, Africa, New Zealand and Australia and Asia (again.)
  • Hank Moody
    a day ago
    Sports:

First Giants Stadium at the meadowlands. Classy tailgating scene and tix back in the 90’s were a bargain.

Bleachers at the old Yankee Stadium were something to be done once. New Stadium is nice and better for me now, but definitely lost some spirit.

Ravens Stadium. Absolutely wild tailgating scene for a pro team. I’m sure the SEC college sites are crazier, but Baltimore loves the Ravens. Not hospitable to opposing fans.

Camden Yards, the first of the new retro stadiums and more than 30 years old, it still has its mojo. Great place to see a game.

The Dean Dome at UNC. Just as big as Madison Square Garden and sits right on a college campus. Would love to see a UNC Duke game at Cameron Indoor.

Music:

MSG
    The Orpheum theater in Boston. 3k seats maybe? Saw Sammy Hagar there from the front row in his pre Van Halen days and my ears rang for days.
    Radio City. Huge, but a classic.

Strip clubs:

Nothing compares to St. James in Houston for me. The whole idea of converting a church into a strip club, preserving the bones of the place so that the altar is a stage, and adding a helipad and swimming pool? Prove me wrong. And it’s a good value club besides.
  • skibum609
    a day ago
    ^Amen to the Orpheum. saw Bachman Turner Overdrive there, backed up by Toots and the Maytals on a 104-degree day. The temperature inside was almost 130 when they called it quits.
  • Jascoi
    2 hours ago
    and strip clubs to visit... any where the girls are pretty and have a fun attitude!
    i'm not a sports or live music performance guy but i do enjoy going with friends to enjoy the experience.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion