tuscl

Worst tab payment scenario

gk
Florida
Sunday, May 4, 2008 6:29 PM
I club I visit only two or thre times a year just to see what's going really irks me with credit card tabs. They want a driver's license with your credit card (OK so far). But then they photocopy the license and ask for a thumbprint on a separate payment authorization form that you must also sign. This is one reason I rarely patronize this club-to uptight. Anyone encounter the same or worse?

13 comments

• minnow
    16 years ago
    I rarely use CC in clubs, but the few times that I have, they have taken drivers lisc., and at least taken down numbers. Too invasive for me- geez, I can whip out CC in a place like Shulas, or RC steakhouses with a solid 3 figure tab, and not have an eyelash batted. But to pay $20 bar tab in stripclub w. CC, its like getting a freaking security clearance.
  • now_starring
    16 years ago
    I have never been through that nonsense, even though I have only used the credit card twice, and that was to avoid the insane fees on the in club ATM, which has withdrawal limits of about 60 bucks meaning If I want about 200 I have to make 4 withdrawals and a total fee from the atm which would be 24.00, and that does not even include what my bank would charge me for not using one of their ATM's. That 24.00 could be another dance in some clubs.
  • Dudester
    16 years ago
    My ATF tells me that guys not only call their credit card companies after they leave the club and report their cards stolen, but also go to the length of calling the Police to have them harass the club about the card. She told me this after they phtocopied my card and license-and I got upset. Lesson I learned, draw a certain amount of money out before you go to any club and stick to that-don't use their ATM. Also, don't leave the club to draw money with the intention of coming back because they're just setting you up (make you pay cover again, the dancer disappears, etc.).
  • Slothrop
    16 years ago
    You're violating the Number One Rule of going to strip clubs: never, ever, under ANY circumstance enter a such a club with any credit card of any kind whatsoever, no matter what. Don't do it. Get the cash you need before hand or stay out.
  • minnow
    16 years ago
    n_s; The club atm's I've seen generally have $200 limit, although "other ammount" option must be selected. I've seen fees between $3 & $10.95. I haven't seen it , but I've "heard" some club atm's dispense only club "funny money".
  • gk
    16 years ago
    I use the card for the bar tab. I never charge my dances to a card. I do give myself a cash-on-hand budget and spend that budget on dances. I'm a litle more liberal with bar tabs as far as budget goes-that is, I don't have a set limit, I just know if I want to spend modest or low and act acordingly. But I don't like to jump through the hoops for payment. I prefer clubs that know and trust me. Too bad the scamers make some clubs jump through the hoops too.
  • gk
    16 years ago
    Slothrop, I always thought the number one rule of strip clubs was never fall in love with a stripper. (Although some might say never believe a stripper, there can be many exceptions to that one.) Regardless, have fun.
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    About 6 months ago the Coke a Cola company installed a new drink machine in our building. It takes credit cards! Whats next?
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    I don't use credit cards in clubs. I stick to cash ... not half as traceable, and more likely to keep me from over-spending, too. Also, I find, many many places have added hidden fees for credit card use. Nearly always, the VIP room is a good 40% more if you use a credit card, for instance (which is stupid; they oughta do it the other way 'round, if ya think about it ...). I guess I could fathom using a CC for drinks. I'd still tip the waitress in cash.
  • parodyman-->
    16 years ago
    Slothtrop, This is the most childish maxim I've heard in a long time. "You're violating the Number One Rule of going to strip clubs: never, ever, under ANY circumstance enter a such a club with any credit card of any kind whatsoever, no matter what. Don't do it. Get the cash you need before hand or stay out." Are you insinuating the members of TUSCL are too stupid to tend to their own financial affairs? Perhaps because you are best served by repeating this idiotic "rule" you think others are as stupid and weak as you and need a mantra to keep their financial wellbeing in order.
  • Slothrop
    16 years ago
    I'm not insinuating it, p-man. I'm saying it out loud, straight up and without apology.
  • arbeeguy
    16 years ago
    As usual, Parodyman uses sarcasm to display his innate hostility. I don't see the point. I do not agree that the "Number One Rule" is to not bring a credit card into the club, but I do believe it is a VERY GOOD RULE. Not having a credit card or debit card in your possession ITC can save you a lot of money when the little head starts doing the thinking. I just plan ahead, decide before I go in how much I want to spend, and take that amount of cash with me. Normally I spend between one hundred and two hundred on a single visit. The other day I was feeling a bit expansive and decided I could go up to $1000 max. Things worked out good, I stayed eight hours, spent about $800, and left VERY HAPPY. But -- everybody is entitled to make up their own self-imposed rules.
  • jablake
    16 years ago
    Everyone knows the "Number One Rule" is not to bring your car title. I very vaguely knew this poor druggie (he got hooked overnight it seemed). He was whimpering to me that the bad drug dealer only gave him $50 for his new car and now he didn't have a car. Worse, the $50 wasn't enough to buy the drugs he needed so he was forced to engage in homosexual sex to pay for his fix. :( For some wacked out reason he thought that I could command the dealer to give him (I very vaguely knew the dealer), his car back! I said to him, even if I could get your car back what is the point? You'll just use it to buy more drugs in the future----he says EXACTLY!!! His car is worth more than $50 in drugs and if he could sell it for a fair price then he wouldn't have to sell himself for sex. :( I don't even know what the fair price would be even though it was a nice new car----I assume it went to a chop shop, but who knows . . . I assume it isn't too common, but stripclubbers have been known to trade their car title for stripper services. Yes, the addiction to strippers can rival the addiction to drugs so best to criminalize both??? For whatever its worth, I think (it was a million years ago) that I got an extra $100 out of the dealer for his car----a $100 was cheap to put a little more of smile on his face and besides that money was going directly back to the dealer so it wasn't a real $100. Not only did the dealer keep the customer happy, he got a desperate ho for those into that. From this little story I think everyone can plainly see how horrible freedom is and that the goverment needs more powers and more prisons.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion