tuscl

Black Strip Clubs - Intentionally not listed?

ggofv
Alabama
I noticed some strip clubs from Birmingham are not listed. All of them are predominantly Black clubs (over 90%). To be fair, all of these clubs are effectively weekend only. The websites say they open during the day, but my experience is that nobody answers calls before 9 and weekdays are basically empty parking lots.

The clubs i am referring to are :

Playhouse 2 Birmingham
Empire Gentlemen's club
The Palace Gentleman's Club
Club Volcano

22 comments

• founder
    a month ago
    submit them as new clubs
  • whodey
    a month ago
    Like founder said, submit them as new clubs. It isn't like founder employs a team of employees to scour the earth to find every strip club. It is just him running the site so he can't know about clubs that aren't on here unless someone submits a new listing for them.
  • gammanu95
    a month ago
    This had to be some kind of bait for hate- clicks.
  • rickmacrodong
    a month ago
    You mean theres still reviews available for those clubs, but they just dont show up under the clubs list when you search by state?
  • ww
    a month ago
    2 of the clubs are already listed, so not sure why OP doesn’t see them (Volcano, Palace). Neither have been reviewed in 6 years.

The other 2 are close to clubs that were closed. Possible they reopened these buildings under the new current names.

Either way, whether listed or not, it doesn’t matter much if no one is reviewing them.
  • Hank Moody
    a month ago
    “Either way, whether listed or not, it doesn’t matter much if no one is reviewing them.”

Well, even if no reviews if they showed up on the club listing and you found yourself in the area you’d know it was an option to try. As founder said, nothing nefarious. Just add them.
  • skibum609
    a month ago
    Just add them because even if no one gives a shit it's racism if you don't. Fucking progressives are such cunts.
  • ggofv
    a month ago
    @founder, I apologize for not double checking. I also didn't realize the process for adding new clubs. Thank you and I'll be more careful next time.

@gammanu95, no this is not for race-baiting. I just didn't realize the process for adding new clubs and the genuine lack of popularity on here. Admittedly, not everyone is really into Black women and I have read enough reviews to know it's a mixed bag on who prefers urban dancers vs. a more standard strip club experience. I have been to both types of clubs and I'm aware of the differences.

@skibum609, I will add Playhouse and Empire. Not sure how I'm going to review them. Again, I never suspected racism. My opinion was that they just were visited often.
  • jaybud999
    a month ago
    @ggofv

Don't mind Gam and ski, they can't figure out how to make a comment that doesn't suck the conversation into political horseshit. It's part of their generation and mindset.....
  • ilbbaicnl
    a month ago
    Are there any regular members of TUSCL that primarily go to make it rain, rather than get one-on-one dances of some sort? I think that's the bigger reason some clubs with mostly black dancers get little or no mention. But it is common on here for members to express a preference for non-black dancers.
  • Puddy Tat
    a month ago
    ^ No one, black or not here, has said that to my knowledge. We're here to get more value whether dances or extras, not the ultimate non-value activity of throwing money without anything in return.
    Find a board for aspiring rappers and you'll find the make it rain types.
  • oscarlomax
    a month ago
    Maybe I have just missed it but where do I find the process for submitting new clubs? Snoop's wife just opened a new club in downtown LA. Last I checked it was closed for some re-modeling but it may be back open. Plan to check it out next month.
  • Book Guy
    a month ago
    I don't think TUSCL is avoiding anything, or de-listing. I think people don't submit many things that are barely existing. Clubs come and go without notice on many internet finding aids. Black clubs are, generally, more evanescent than most.

F.E., I recently added a primarily-Black "ghetto style" club in New Orleans to the listings. I haven't been and don't intend to go. It's mostly weekends, and, judging by its Instagram and Facebook presence, it's more a hype-project by a couple of rap-music DJ wanna-be types, than an actual location. They have some big parties with tons of people, invite only, make sure to hire several women who want to get "discovered" and be backup dancers in rap videos. For that one event, those few women twerk like hell but probably aren't going to be the on-call stage entertainment except when the right celebrity guest is watching. Would you call this a "strip club"? I suspect they don't "serve" alcohol, it's just everyone bringing bottles like at an after-party.

If the place has an established location and an established set of business hours, it's more like a strip club. Those places have to exist long enough for people to bother to submit them to the listings, so that Founder can include them. Ultimately, the absence or presence in these listings of any venue, strip club or massage joint or whatever, is entirely down to the effectiveness of the club at engendering their own crowd-sourcing. If the clientele are internet savvy then a club will get submitted and therefore included in TUSCL's listings. If not, not.
  • ggofv
    a month ago
    @ oscarlomax, Go to the STRIP CLUB LIST tab in the upper left of any page. When the state/country page pulls up, the upper right corner should have a tab called "ADD LISTING". You submit your club information there.
  • ggofv
    a month ago
    @ Book Guy, I wholeheartedly agree. I am an extras and urban-style dancer enthusiasts (if my previous posts do not make that obvious). The truth is that most Black clubs are rarely ever open on standard business hours. The clientele is typically only interested in the party and glamour of the hood life referenced in rap and R/B music (hence make it Rain). Outside popular social media, you probably will not find most Black clubs. The biggest appeal of those clubs is that you will find some of the finest Black women in your state. Generally, you have at least a 50% chance of getting lucky at any given club.
  • skibum609
    a month ago
    I see jsybud added nothing but little bitch whining to this thread. Funny how young man is a phrase that makes people laugh nowadays.
  • motorhead
    a month ago
    Jaybudd is both a racist and ageist.
  • skibum609
    a month ago
    Ageism seems to be a big thing with the young. Then again, I was at CVS with my wife, and she pointed out makeup for men. Never thought I'd live to see the day ....
  • ggofv
    a month ago
    @ Book Guy, what you described sounds more like a promotional event rather than a strip club. This is very common in the in the music industry for Rapper types. if you can remember the name of the club (if it has one) I may try to visit it. I've been meaning to tour Louisiana and Texas clubs (closer to my hometown).

@skibum, I personally am not ageist. I think people's interest evolve natural. I just don't like using the concept of maturity as that varies with different people, different life situations, different expectations (the biggest culprit imo).
  • Muddy
    a month ago
    ROUGH neighborhood
  • wallanon
    a month ago
    "Maybe I have just missed it but where do I find the process for submitting new clubs? Snoop's wife just opened a new club in downtown LA..."

The link for submitting a new club listing is: https://tuscl.net/listings/add

If it is a new club at a former clubs address, sometimes the new club will get the old club's history.
  • wallanon
    a month ago
    When you log in to add the new club, the following are suggestions from the site on what to include:

"Please tell us as much information about the listing that you can. Name, Address, Socials, Phone, website, etc."

There will also be a description of the types of SOBs (sexually oriented businesses) that TUSCL accepts for a listing.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion