tuscl

Personal Attacks

snowtime
Georgia
Wednesday, April 16, 2008 1:39 AM
Seems like a lot of what has been written lately consists of personal attacks on other members of this site. I think everyone is entitled to their opinion but would like to see less of the petty criticism of others. I know when I first found TUSCL there were a few people who posted for no other reason than to stir things up. With the addition of the "ignore" feature and perhaps due to burnout, a lot of this stuff has disappeared until recently. I hope people will get back to using this site for the purpose it was intended, providing useful information on strip clubs.

24 comments

• StripShopper
    16 years ago
    I AGREE! Use the ignore button... I come to this site to learn and find good "intel" on where to spend my money. Not to read some BS posts about some petty disagreement. For years this board has stayed at least somewhat friendly...with exception of one or two members. Let's stay on mission here...Strippers, tits, ass, and contact! Food for the soul.
  • jester214
    16 years ago
    thankyou!
  • FONDL
    16 years ago
    It would help if those whose primary reason for visiting strip clubs is extras would stop insulting those of us who have no interest in that. Different people go to clubs for different reasons. Why is that so hard for some people here to understand?
  • DougS
    16 years ago
    Well said, SnowTime... It's a shame that this site has reverted to the mud slinging and worse. This site has been one of my favorite 'net destinations, and I hope it can stay that way... All of this shit that hit the proverbial fan seems to have resulted from the now infamous "outing" of someone's personal issue. I have to agree that person wasn't even really "outed" - I would've had no idea who got caught OTCing... For all I know, it could've been me! (wait, I guess I would've known if it was me, right) I guess the biggest moral of the situation is; If you are doing something that you know you shouldn't be doing... like Chick McGee of Bob & Tom fame says "don't write anything down, don't take any pictures or video, and above all, DENY, DENY, DENY!" An addendum to Chick's rules is, "don't tell anybody anything that you don't want repeated". I haven't followed my own advice, though. In fact, I've broken ALL of those rules, many times. It's part of human nature to want to talk to others about what is important to you... about what (or who) makes you happy... Since all of us here generally have similar likes (uhh...strip clubs, strippers, sex, etc.), it's not a stretch why we might want to share some details among our TUSCL buds. Sharing and hearing from other TUSCLers has been a major part of what keeps bringing me back. NO one has ever, thankfully, broken any confidences and/or shared confidential information. Incidentally, that includes most of those TUSCLers involved with the recent incidents. I have PMed with them... sent and received email. I won't trust them any less than I did previously, and I hope they feel the same towards me. And yes, I've used MANY fellow TUSCLers as my own personal "Dear Abby." I hope that what has happened will not prevent that sort of communication from happening in the future.
  • FONDL
    16 years ago
    I have 2 comments about the "outing" - (1) I have been arguing for several years that we should all be more discreet here, but nobody else seems to agree with me. Some of you have even argued that it's the indecretions that attract you to this site. So why single out this particular situation, seems to me it's just one more of a great many examples of the indescretion that you all seem to enjoy. Unless you wish to argue that it's all right to disclose information about women but not about men. (2) Indescretion has become our way of life in this country. Some of the most popular TV shows are all about divulging secrets. As I've said before, we've become a nation of busybodies. Gossip is the national pastime. So if you don't want something to become public, don't tell anyone. Because anything you say is going to get repeated, especially if it's juicy. I wish it wasn't that way but it is, and there's nothing any of us can do about it. But I think the latest round of insults and name calling preceeded this specific episode. We seem to have acquired a lot of new people in the past year who are ignoring the unwritten rules of decorum that most of us have followed in the past. Guess we'll all have to dust off the "ignore" button again.
  • njscfan
    16 years ago
    Since FONDL supposedly has me on his "ignore" list he will not see this response. But I find the sanctimony of his posts somewhat tiresome. First, none of the current conflicts have anything to do with people picking on the guys who do not want to have sex. I think it is fair to state that those of us who do have sex are not bothered in the slightest by those of you who do not have sex. The current round of conflict, as far as I can tell, is between people who, on both sides of the debate, purport to get "extras" at strip clubs. So FONDL's concern that the "no sex" people are being picked on somehow is without any foundation. Second, FONDL's claim that we should all be nice to each other (while high minded) is not consistent with his own behavior. FONDL himself elected to interject himself into more than one debate on the board -- which had nothing to do with him -- just so he could attack people. Also inconsistent with his bid for tolerance for all practices, FONDL himself has made posts attacking people who have sex in the clubs. Third, the current dispute is actually the result of a long time poster basically trying to drive women (or at least one particular woman) off this site. To lay any blame at people who responded to that is absurd. We have a right to stick up for each other when we see someone trying to make another site member uncomfortable being here. I think it is really revealing to see posters remain silent in the face of the original attack, yet rally to the attacker's defense and claim foul play when people reacted. FONDL talks about the unwritten rules of decorum. Do those rules include taking a private communication and sharing it with the entire site? Do they include calling someone a liar? Do they include sending people perverted and/or threatening emails? Those behaviors are being engaged in by long term members, not new people.
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    Many on here could not carry FONDL jock strap!
  • parodyman-->
    16 years ago
    Clubber, I think most of us do not wish to carry FONDL's jock strap. It is probably old and sweaty. But you have at it is that is what you want. Wear it on your head for all I care.
  • twbird44
    16 years ago
    I agree that the main mission of TUSCL is to provide a forum to provide/exchange information on strip clubs. I don't really care what everyone's personal preference is for going to a strip club (good LD or extras). I just want to know all the information/opinions so that I can make my own evaluation. And I think sometimes its helful when someone shares their experience with a dancer, because I don't want to make the same mistake. But I would never critize someone for doing this -- thats life.
  • MisterGuy
    16 years ago
    I don't want to carry anyone's jock strap...tuvm... :) "the main mission of TUSCL is to provide a forum to provide/exchange information on strip clubs" Amen to that, and that's why I joined this site in the first place.
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    parody (feeble imitation, ludicrously different) man & MG, Didn't mention "wish" or "want", rather the ability to do so. MG, Cudo's as to the mission, and that is why I also joined this site.
  • parodyman-->
    16 years ago
    clubber (fantasizing in the realm of the homoerotic), If FONDL's jockstrap is first and foremost on your mind maybe you are on the wrong board. Also FONDL may just want to hold your hand, cuddle and be friends with no sex.
  • ShotDisc
    16 years ago
    When did this site become the old ladies bitching society? it is so simple. post what you want to post, read what you want to read, ignore who you want to ignore. Do this in a civilized manner and life will be a breeze here. This isn't rocket science or brain surgery. it is, as StripShopper so eloquently stated...."Strippers, tits, ass, and contact! Food for the soul." Come on guys, take off the panties and act like the horndogs you really are.
  • MisterGuy
    16 years ago
    That's just it though...some of us don't aspire to carry anyone's jock strap...either literally or figuratively.
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    The Ignore button should be used on certain posters here, but some are just funny enough to keep reading their mindless postings. Good thing it is not the Ignorant button or they would be gone!
  • MisterGuy
    16 years ago
    Yawn...
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    feebleimitationludicrouslydifferentman, Most humor has it's basis in reality. That said, you might try to at least use a real definition when trying to insult someone. The operative word, TRYING!
  • FONDL
    16 years ago
    "There is not try. There is only do and not do."
  • MisterGuy
    16 years ago
    "feebleimitationludicrouslydifferentman"...define that old man...
  • parodyman-->
    16 years ago
    Stick with what you do best Clubber. Day Dreaming about FONDL's jock.
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    Seems that feebleimitationludicrouslydifferentman has the fascination with FONDL's jock, since he keeps mentioning it. Just can't seem to let it go.
  • MisterGuy
    16 years ago
    Yet another broken record...kick the stereo again...
  • parodyman-->
    16 years ago
    Seems to me Clubber got the last word in on that subject!
  • ShotDisc
    16 years ago
    FONDL- nice Yoda quote.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion