court war between clubs Spearmint Rhino and Peppermint Hippo

Wednesday, April 10, 2024 3:46 AM
Full story and photos: [view link]

9 comments

What's the problem? The club names probably describe the girls working there. One club has girls that look like a Rhino and the other has girls that look like a Hippo.
WiseToo
ā€¢
a month ago
Meanwhile, the South Park creators seem to not have cared at all about this. Not when that club name was just in a couple of rural areas of Wisconsin and Arkansas, and not when it somehow ended up in Vegas. Good for these Hippo guys šŸ˜‚ https://youtu.be/eXNASkTzlUM?si=KUAqWO_oDuV5Vk6o
nicespice
ā€¢
a month ago
Spearmint Rhino was the top game in town for many years, and now some business is diverting to Hippo, and the Rhino guys don't like it, especially since there was likely some drama with the Hippo founder by/after leaving Rhino. People will let certain things go...until their bottom line gets hit. Now, suddenly, with spending being down in Vegas, and clubs in general, the Rhino guys are trying to reduce the impact by bringing some business back. Ultimately, it will backfire, as they are being butthurt babies, rather than just making their club so great that people don't want to go elsewhere. As a legal layman, I don't claim to know much about trademark law. It certainly seemed a bit bold of the Hippo to open with a name so similar to that of Spearmint Rhino, though. But, I'm not sure "it's close/similar" is a strong enough argument to win a trademark case. I imagine lionrick may have some insight regarding who will win the battle of the Serengeti.
funonthaside
ā€¢
a month ago
Maybe they need to bring down the extreme cover charges. It is even crazy for Vegas.... lower the cover charges and people will start coming back to the clubs. When a visitor from out of state needs to pay $50 before entering it is crazy.
crsm27
ā€¢
a month ago
So, an important but tangential question for those who have experienced both clubs: how does the experience and talent at SR compare to PH? I have a trip to Vegas coming up, was planning on hitting up the Rhino. Unironically this piece of news got me wondering if we should try out Peppermint Hippo instead, which is probably exactly the kind of publicity PH wants out of this lawsuit, and exactly why it was a stupid decision for SR to bring it.
RonJax2
ā€¢
a month ago
In related news the City Of San Francisco threatening to sue Oakland if they change their airport name to "San Francisco Bay Oakland International Airport". Rumor that Paris France will sue Paris Texas and Paris Hilton.
shadowcat
ā€¢
a month ago
who makes out on this shit? Lawyers.
Jascoi
ā€¢
a month ago
I was writing an explanation of how Rhino was never really all that great... but, I'll just say this: Rhino has consistently had a pretty high average and a ton of women. When Hippo first opened, it was clearly lacking talent and dancers, like third rate Deja Vu level. My last visit there, Hippo was great, easily top tier. Rhino was pretty much the same, maybe a half a step down in talent from my last visit, but still a ton of girls and maybe a little too much plastic. Not sure if extras are available at Hippo as mileage doesn't scale with price (like most of Vegas), it's going to take a good amount of digging and negotiations. However, extras are available at Rhino, but bring your accountant and your lawyer for negotiations lol and you will probably still have to dig.
chiefwiggum
ā€¢
a month ago
It Isn't Worth Battling Over, Both Seem Cool. āš”šŸ’² āœ”ļø
stripperlover777
ā€¢
a month ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion