Graphic Novels - comics

Monday, April 1, 2024 3:13 AM
I'm not a comics person at all, well, when I was teen, sure. I haven't seen "Watchhmen" since it first came out. I'm not a big Marvel person, Harry Potter, Superman, The Trilogy either. I like the original X-Men, Iron Man, The Hulk, Fantastic Four, Battleship (OK, Hasbro) movies. I'm traveling this week, and Watchmen is on HBO . What a GREAT movie, IMHO, and excellent cast.

9 comments

I’m a big fan of the TV series “The Walking Dead”. I’ve never read the graphic novels and I’m aware of a lot of the differences between the two. The graphic novel story almost seems more interesting. I think I’d like to give it a read.
motorhead
2 months ago
I don’t read graphic novels, but I do enjoy the movies and shows they make out of them. Re Watchman, I thought the movie was ok, but it’s probably been ten years since I’ve seen it. I thought the series that HBO made out of it with Regina King and Don Johnson was much better.
Hank Moody
2 months ago
^ to each his own. I thought the movie was great and original and the series wasn’t
Studme53
2 months ago
That movie absolutely bombed at the box office, but I still liked it (even though I like the Alan Moore source material a lot more). As graphic novels go, "Watchmen" wouldn't be anyone's top choice for "easy adaptation to screen".
Call.Me.Ishmael
2 months ago
I read comic books when I was a child, calling them graphic novels doesn’t make them much more interesting to me.
twentyfive
2 months ago
Some movies bomb at the box office yet get a cult following. Mel Brooks had no idea how cult "Spaceballs" became as it bombed at the box office. I didn't know HBO did a Watchmen series.
mogul1985
2 months ago
^^ 25 is a wise ape. Graphic novels are for those whose real life is less interesting than a graphic novel. As a frickin’ rick my real life is way more interesting than a graphic novel. I mean really…does the Marvel comics ever show a suit-wearing lion cruising the country in his Tesla and bangin’ the sexy female hairless ape while drinkin’ Jack? I don’t think so. ROAR!!!
rickthelion
2 months ago
I agree that the HBO miniseries was spectacular! The movie was meh.
Gilfly90
2 months ago
I was huge into comics up until about the late 2000s. They are so expensive now and collecting is tedious. Hilariously, I find myself reading the graphic novel after I've seen the movie.
chiefwiggum
2 months ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion