tuscl

Today's Sign that the Hobby is Getting Old

So I'm sitting in a parking lot waiting for a dancer to come out, when I was much more excited about driving to get a cheesesteak when I thought she'd flaked...

15 comments

• StripclubRando
    9 months ago
    Diminishing returns, probably.

More specifically, marginal benefit (i.e. how much is one more of XYZ worth to you) is getting low. A lot lower.

It's kind of like how every now and then, the Elon Musks of the world tell everyone that "money isn't everything." (The next $ he gets isn't that valuable. He has a lot already.)
    Or how some fictional movie characters might say "I'm sick of pussy." (Might have been Jack Nicholson in 'The Departed', I forget - mob boss is swimming in pussy. One more isn't that valuable to him.)
    Or if anyone has too much supply of anything, getting a little more of whatever that is doesn't really do it for them.

At this point, if you take a break (and induce some artificial scarcity by deliberately not getting so much), the value will eventually climb back up again. Enough for it to feel worthwhile.

My guess, anyways.
  • ulitimate1
    9 months ago
    I mean, there are some really good cheesesteaks out there.
  • Muddy
    9 months ago
    Wallanon is on a Philly tour. Best part of clubbing in Philadelphia, you got that emergency cheesesteak fallback contingency plan available 24/7 always right there waiting for you.
  • Hank Moody
    9 months ago
    Hopefully it’s the hobby getting old and not you, lol. Diminishing marginal value is certainly the likely culprit with the run you’ve been on.
  • wallanon
    9 months ago
    I'm hoping that, too, lol. But then again I'm now deciding if I should call the play-by-play or just tally things up when it's over. Just before halftime there was a debacle due to poor game management, and let's just say tonight's score so far is Stomach 1, Hobby 0.
  • wallanon
    9 months ago
    Due a costly delay of game penalty because a whale went onto the field and tried to run out the clock, coach wallanon called a hail mary play that landed as time expired. This game is going to overtime...

Stomach 1, Hobby 1
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    9 months ago
    Hedonic treadmill is a real thing.
  • bman66
    9 months ago
    Not to get off topic but Angelos in Philly has the best cheesesteak! I would wait for the dancer though over the cheesesteak.
  • Puddy Tat
    9 months ago
    Jack Nicholson in the Departed says something about how he always got cunt so easily that he never saw the appeal of jerking off in a theater.
  • ilbbaicnl
    9 months ago
    That could just be the attitude that person needs to have or develop to last as a PL. It's like the attitude reflected on hats embroidered with things like "a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at the office". For the hardcore PL, the flaking is unsurprising, and isn't that frustrating. It just makes it feel all the better when they don't flake. Sex workers who last in the job have an attitude that's the mirror image, and they get flaked on/bullshitted at least as much as we do.
  • WiseToo
    9 months ago
    A sure sign the hobby is getting old happened the other day at a club. Before leaving, I got a lap dance from a spinner who had small perky tits with high beams. They were just enough for a handful. As she danced, she demanded that I squeeze her tits, then squeeze her ass, then back to squeezing her tits. As I was giving my hands a workout, I kept wondering if the rain would cause traffic delays on the way home.
  • Mate27
    9 months ago
    ^^ this! Then sometimes you get dancers thinking they’re doing you a favor for even sitting with you. Pretty girls are a dime a dozen, so if she doesn’t enjoy doing her job then I won’t enjoy paying for it. Sometimes just a drink is good enough for me.
  • wallanon
    9 months ago
    So the final score was Stomach 1, Hobby 3. And the two scores were on unscripted plays that came out of the Wednesday Night Washout. Now I think I might call the game when the girl I actually wanted to land this week is working tonight and promised a great vip. I shoulda stayed semi-retired lol
  • wallanon
    9 months ago
    "...always got cunt so easily that he never saw the appeal of jerking off in a theater."

Lol. I go to the theater so I can take the movies home and play them later.
  • wallanon
    9 months ago
    "Now I think I might call the game when the girl I actually wanted to land this week is working tonight and promised a great vip"

And then she wrote me lol. If I really do decide to call it a game on the Hobby as my New Years Resolution (contemplating) this wasn't a bad way to go out. Stomach 1, Hobby 5. Have a Happy New Year in 2024 everybody.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion