tuscl

Hearing impaired dancer

samiel
DFW, Texas
Wednesday, December 27, 2023 2:14 AM
Just curious... have any of you ever seen or met a hearing impaired dancer? I'm wondering how she would know when to go on stage if she couldn't hear her name. Maybe she would just be constantly checking the DJ list? How do you think it would work?

7 comments

• Array
    7 months ago
    6-7 years ago in Bradenton, FL, or close by. I don’t think she was totally deaf but still greatly impaired. I didn’t have the opportunity to see any stage dances that day as there were only about three dancers and two patrons that afternoon.
  • ATACdawg
    7 months ago
    She could just have a friend tell her that she was up, maybe with a one or two song margin.
  • mtnboy49
    7 months ago
    Seems to me there was one at Sugar44 a few years back. You could tell by her talking but, her lip reading was perfect.
  • DandyDan
    7 months ago
    There was one I remember at one of my former favorite clubs. I used to have a deaf coworker who had huge hearing aides, and this dancer waa exactly the same way. I bought a dance from her, as she had a good body, but she was decidedly not an extras girl, so that was it.
  • RTP
    7 months ago
    I saw one in Houston about a decade ago. She was cute and gave a good grind. I did have a bit of trouble communicating, but i think she read lips. She had the reputation of being an extras girl, I did not find out. I think I remember that she had a protector at the club, so I just was nice, enjoyed the dance and moved on.
  • ancientlurker
    7 months ago
    I suspect many will later in life after dealing with the overloud music night after night.
  • twentyfive
    7 months ago
    There was a dancer a few years back at The Porthole that was profoundly deaf, I wear hearing aids so she would hang out with me on occasion, the DJ used to play a tone that she was able to hear through vibrations when it was her turn to go on stage, she was proficient at reading lips, American Sign Language, and as I found out from her she had attended Gallaudet university, she spoke with a very hard to understand voice but she was proud to be on her own and she had her own apartment and a car, don’t know what happened to her but she was a hot little babe and very friendly with me.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion