tuscl

Review and Rating Don't Match Up

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 8:44 AM
Do you ever read a review and then wonder why that reviewer gave the score he did? Sometimes they just seem pretty disconnected. Another issue - is the score relative to local or national standards? (My answer to that question is: "IT DEPENDS". Which isn't very helpful.) The specific review that prompted this post was by Italy1024 on The Outhouse. I support his right to give whatever number he believes is right but from the things he said in the review I would have expected maybe a 9 instead of a 6

9 comments

• Clubber
    16 years ago
    All reviews are subjective, other than the specifics of prices and such.
  • minnow
    16 years ago
    I read the review- maybe reviewer abhors standing room only crowds, and feels that his luck was a bit of an anomally.
  • harrydave
    16 years ago
    There is no accounting for some ratings. Even a top ten club will get an occasional 3 or 4 rating from some wierdo. Like "I hated Mons Venus because they didn't serve alcohol". Then there are the reviews that give a club an 8 or better becasue the girls were good looking and the beer was cold. Just goes to show there are all kinds of expectations at play when a guy walks through a strip club's doors.
  • founder
    16 years ago
    Hopefully tuscl's review rating algorithm will nullify these aberrations
  • mmdv26
    16 years ago
    Most of us go to a club because the mileage is above average. Some of us just like to look at monster titties and drink cold beer. While others want to have lengthy intellectual discussions with a girl. Some guys require that the restroom be clean, while others don't really care. With all of these variables, writing a review that provides meaningful information to a reader is really a hit-or-miss proposition. In any case, I think it's always a good idea to give the reader some hint about what crteria the writer is using to arrive a the rating number. Seems like there was, or maybe still is, a site that rates clubs by several - say 5 or 6 - attributes. The reader can pick the attribute(s) that are important to him...you get the idea. That seems kind of complicated though. If in unfamiliar lands, I will select clubs with ratings of 7 or more and hope I have fun.
  • driver01
    16 years ago
    From mmdv26 above-- "While others want to have lengthy INTELLECTUAL discussions with a girl"... Surely, no one here is looking to have an actual "lengthy intellectual discussion" with a dancer at a SC. Is that a new code phrase for a HJ or BJ or something?...lol
  • DandyDan
    16 years ago
    I agree. I've seen reviews here which essentially say "This place is a pit. Avoid at all costs" get a 5. Maybe they don't feel the need to overly skew the ranking.
  • joshc
    16 years ago
    Maybe we need some guidelines or create a matrix. Here's an example: Dancers/Drinks/Atmosphere/Mileage - put a number in each then create an average.
  • mmdv26
    16 years ago
    driver01: The guy who is sitting there talking to the dancer that I would like to get a dance with for almost an hour must be having a "lenthy intellectual discussion"; it doen't take that long to find out what extra's are available. HJ & BJ are fairly defined terms that give the reader potentially valuable information, and therefore, would not need to be replaced with any additional "code".
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion