tuscl

Greatest TV show opening theme song

Monday, June 12, 2023 6:11 PM
I was thinking about it there’s a lot good ones where you can sing along Jefferson’s, Threes company, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Cheers and Full House. Then some more recent ones that were cool like The Wire and The Sopranos. And some heroic ones that transcend the show like The A team. I personally really like ER’s theme.

51 comments

• funonthaside
    a year ago
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
  • Brahma2k
    a year ago
    Streets of San Francisco
  • skibum609
    a year ago
    Hawaii 5-0
  • twentyfive
    a year ago
    The Monkees
  • azdd
    a year ago
    Mission Impossible and Hawaii 5-0 are my faves.
  • doctorevil
    a year ago
    Gilligan’s Island.
  • FishHawk
    a year ago
    MASH
  • crosscheck
    a year ago
    Airwolf
  • EarlTee
    a year ago
    Taxi
  • georgmicrodong
    a year ago
    Happy Days. Sesame Street.
  • misterorange
    a year ago
    Yeah, Hawaii 5-0 was the first one popped into my mind also.
  • misterorange
    a year ago
    The Fall Guy [view link] Lee Majors starred in the show and also sang the theme song.
  • misterorange
    a year ago
    ^ "I've never been with anything less than a 9." Lol
  • Muddy
    a year ago
    I’d be remiss if I didn’t also mention different strokes
  • Mate27
    a year ago
    Greatest American Hero.
  • gammanu95
    a year ago
    Seinfeld, because there wasn't one. Nothing that got old or to fast forward through.
  • doctorevil
    a year ago
    Batman
  • motorhead
    a year ago
    MacGyver (the original) And the really cool thing is that it was always changing. Subtle variations from season to season and even within a given season there are differences if you carefully listen
  • motorhead
    a year ago
    Of current shows - I didn’t like the “Yellowjackets” theme at first but it really grew on me
  • skibum609
    a year ago
    Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen acres is the place to be. Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarm living is the life for me. Land spreadin out so far and wide....keep Manhattan just give me that countryside ...
  • misterorange
    a year ago
    w/r/t Batman... There was a rumor that the wailing sound of "Batman" over and over was instrumental, like trumpets or something. I think it was eventually disproven and is now known to be sung by people. But it's pretty funny to listen to while thinking about that. Kind of sounds like it could be either. [view link]
  • Muddy
    a year ago
    And I'm not saying it's one of the best theme songs but at the end of the home improvement opening credits who didn't say the Tim Allen grunt out loud? Nobody.
  • jaybud999
    a year ago
    Knight Rider? Six Million Dollar Man?
  • Papi_Chulo
    a year ago
    Miami Vice: [view link]
  • Papi_Chulo
    a year ago
    The Dukes Of Hazard: [view link]
  • Papi_Chulo
    a year ago
    CHiPs: [view link]
  • Papi_Chulo
    a year ago
    Magnum P.I.: [view link]
  • Papi_Chulo
    a year ago
    BJ and The Bear: [view link]
  • Subraman
    a year ago
    "Hawaii 5-0" And yes motherfuckers, you sing along
  • Papi_Chulo
    a year ago
    Cannonball Movie Intro: [not a tv show but I remember as an 11 /o kid walking into the theater w/ my 14 y/o brother and 13 y/o male-cousin just as the movie was starting and the first thing we see is that awesome black Lamborghini Countach – this was in 1981 when one didn’t see cars like that] [view link]
  • Heellover
    a year ago
    I liked Knight Rider and Chips opening music. I think Miami Vice as well, but I don't remember it as well. May have been one of those shows my brother (4 years older) liked so I watched it with him. Chips I watched the reruns when I got older. Knight Rider I watched (by myself or with friends) when it was first broadcast, I remember my brother didn't like that one.
  • rattdog
    a year ago
    welcome back kotter
  • Jascoi
    a year ago
    Twilight Zone
  • rockie
    a year ago
    The Flintstones and Rockford Files! Mission Impossible is my #1 and Hawaii Five-O within my top ten, but others got there first!
  • rockie
    a year ago
    Peter Gunn and Night Court.
  • magicrat
    a year ago
    Hill Street Blues
  • misterorange
    a year ago
    "This is Jim Rockford. At the tone leave your name and message. I'll get back to you." That was pretty bad-ass because not many people had answering machines back then. And every show had a different message that was usually something comical. This is a good one: [view link] Kind of like how Cannon had a car phone long before anyone even knew about them. Haha... the intro music to Cannon was terrible though. Sounds like a game show: [view link]
  • Rod8432
    a year ago
    One of the best - Mannix. Lalo Schifrin, composer. Also wrote Mission Impossible, The Man from THRUSH, Cool Hand Luke, Enter the Dragon, and Bullitt [view link]
  • Papi_Chulo
    a year ago
    Hardcastle and McCormick: [view link]
  • Willy215
    a year ago
    Dukes, Dallas, for a new one Yellowstone
  • Array
    a year ago
    In the late 1960’s I would watch from 7-10 pm in order, The Wild Wild West, Mission Impossible and Star Trek. I can’t forget any of those theme songs.
  • Longball300
    a year ago
    Miami Vice
  • RTP
    a year ago
    The courtship of Eddies Father.
  • Dolfan
    a year ago
    Miami Vice gets my vote. I'm a little surprised no one mentioned 90210. Not a huge fan, but it sure as shit was popular.
  • gobstopper007
    a year ago
    SWAT, Cheers, Friends
  • motorhead
    a year ago
    My older sister forced me to watch The Mary Tyler Moore Show. I was never a fan, but in a one television house with an older sister - you know who wins. I thought the opening song was pretty cool and when she throws her hat in the error - classic
  • skibum609
    a year ago
    Happy Days - the first two seasons - Rock around the clock
  • ancientlurker
    a year ago
    I see some great ones have been posted, but the best has got to be Mod Squad!
  • sfrsox
    a year ago
    Jeopardy
  • misterorange
    a year ago
    This thread has got me watching reruns of The Rockford Files. It's on getTV channel at 8pm weekdays. I haven't seen it since I was a kid.
  • mike710
    a year ago
    A couple of All in the Family spin-offs had good songs. The Jeffersons and Maude. Wonder Years had Joe Cocker. Not a huge fan of Reggae but the COPS theme is cool and fitting.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion