tuscl

Open a Rejected Review Section

dha
South Florida
Saturday, June 10, 2023 1:32 AM
I get the feeling a lot of reviews are rejected that may be of value to some of us.

What do you guys think of having a rejected review section?

Then we can decide whether or not to visit this section. At least it would be available and these reviews would not totally get flushed down the toilet.

15 comments

• From978
    a year ago
    One reason for rejecting a review is that it's too explicit in connecting people's names to actions. A rejected review section would be a roadmap to this information
  • Tetradon
    a year ago
    No, because if something gets rejected, it's because it's either harmful or garbage.

Along with "Approve" and "Reject," I'd favor a third button that delivers a shock to the sex organs of anyone who writes something that is obviously shit.
  • dha
    a year ago
    Both resona you guys gave are also appearing in approved reviews.
  • dha
    a year ago
    Sorry .... reasons
  • Sgrayeff
    a year ago
    Then why have an approval process at all?
  • Pussylicker2
    a year ago
    No no no.
  • nicespice
    a year ago
    One could make a thread in the club discussion page, maybe
  • georgmicrodong
    a year ago
    Hey, let's implement a system, however imperfect, that allows the membership to flag useless and inappropriate content as useless and inappropriate, and then go ahead and go ahead and publish that content anyway.

The fact that useless and inappropriate content still appears in reviews is almost entirely due to a sub-set of reviewers who will apparently rubber stamp anything with words in it. Fortunately, that's somewhat offset by another sub-set who will almost automatically reject anything that isn't a comprehensive novel about the club. I tend to think it balances out.

As well, the fact that some useless and inappropriate content makes it through doesn't mean that *all* useless and inappropriate content should be exposed. That's a little like claiming that because some people get away with theft, we should just allow all theft.
  • docsavage
    a year ago
    When I read approved reviews, I never think to myself "this shouldn't have been approved". The current process works fairly well at weeding out the worst reviews. I'll sometimes have one or two people reject my reviews that I submit (you can't make everyone happy) but have always had my reviews get published.

You need to have some standards on what gets published here and a rejected review section would bypass that and let everything through. That would be like letting people say absolutely anything in the discussion section. The owner of this website always took a strong freedom of speech position here, which I generally agree with, but eventually seemed to decide that three or four individuals had to be banned. You have to have some minimal standards of behavior.
  • Package
    a year ago
    It’s a thin line . In my opinion info is what this site is all about . It’s the reason most of us are here , but specific dancers names and names of girls doing extras is not good and for that reason some reviews are rejected . Kits a delicate balance
  • funonthaside
    a year ago
    Absolutely not. Many weak reviews get through already, as 3 adjudicators must reject a review in order to avoid publication.

Often, reviews are rejected by 2 or less. Therefore, the reviews that are rejected are really REALLY bad, and are of extremely minimal value. Result would be cluttering the site with garbage/
  • gammanu95
    a year ago
    Sounds like a waste of server space.
  • BGSD3100
    a year ago
    If a review is rejected, it's probably not worth reading.
  • twentyfive
    a year ago
    Might as well open a grocery store to sell food past it’s expiration date too.
  • motorhead
    a year ago
    Is the OP part of “participation trophy” generate?

Don’t follow the rules. Write a poor review. Sure, let’s still reward someone with a gold star

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion