tuscl

Review Length

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Sunday, April 2, 2023 5:39 AM
I guess with the new site-update @Founder got rid of the feature that used to auto-reject reviews that didn't meet a minimum-character-length since lately I've seen a handful of review-submittals that are only a sentence or two which in the past AFAIK would have gotten auto-rejected by the software.

That auto-reject feature probably wasn't that useful so probably not-much-need for it - was just curious if others had noticed the recent ultra-short review-submittals.

10 comments

• goldmongerATL
    a year ago
    I just rejected two single line reviews. One was not even a complete sentence, just something like "went did not expect much and got so"
  • Brahma2k
    a year ago
    I had a tread yesterday on this subject. Guidelines are 4 paragraphs with 4 sentences each. There was a lot of feedback this wasn’t needed. I’ll approve shorter than that 4-4 but it needs more than a couple sentences.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    a year ago
    I was seeing two-sentence reviews submitted well before the new site went live.
  • From978
    a year ago
    I gotta say, "went did not expect much and got so" strikes me as a pretty good review. Succinct, funny, gives the essence.
  • wallanon
    a year ago
    A bunch of TUSCLers are willing to scrutinize reviews in way more detail than a text analysis program founder could code up himself or borrow from the internet. What are the odds that 5 contrarians are going to approve a one sentence review before 3 diehards downvote it? Now that's a competition I'm here for lol.
  • knight_errant
    a year ago
    I just rejected a short review. I'm not expecting Shakespeare or Hemingway but I'd like something more than a haiku or a bumpersticker.
  • docsavage
    a year ago
    I normally don't reject reviews, but I did one time where the reviewer repeated the same one sentence over and over again just to make the review longer. Why would anyone even think that would work in getting a review accepted?
  • EastCoaster
    a year ago
    I've certainly rejected my share of very short reviews. There have been several submitted with just one or two words -- and a couple with, literally, just one or two *letters* -- not even whole words. Shit like that doesn't sit well with me.

I include comments when down-voting reviews, but I'm not usually nasty. However, I will admit that in rejecting the ones from people who don't even pretend to be trying, my comments include the words "fucking moron."

Going forward, it will be interesting to see how well we can identify submissions written solely by Artificial Intelligence. Not just the ones submitted, but the ones that get through as well.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    a year ago
    ^ You can plug text into a site like GPTzero and it will tell you the likelihood that it's AI generated.
  • misterorange
    a year ago
    Sheesh... just rejected this one:
    "I enjoyed my time over here, there were plenty of girls and I had a great time"

In addition to the check boxes for not enough details, club ad, incoherent, etc. there should be one that says "go fuck yourself" so we don't have to write it out. Lol
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion