How are HJs, BJs, FS legal at strip clubs?

Tuesday, January 24, 2023 12:33 AM
I'm just wondering why vice squads aren't raiding these places. What am I missing?

21 comments

You're missing the HJs, BJs, FS that the vice squads get for free to not raid the clubs.
TheeOSU
a year ago
They're not.
georgmicrodong
a year ago
They're not legal. In some regions, clubs do get raided when stuff like that starts to happen, which is why those areas tend to not have a lot of extras available. It has a lot to do with the culture of the community and law enforcement. In other areas, the police look in the other direction for any number of reasons. A common reason is that extras inside of a strip club keeps everything contained within a single building and not spilling over into the streets, neighborhoods, or better hotels. I mean, they know that they aren't going to stop guys from buying sex or women from selling it, so keeping it contained becomes the goal. And I'm sure that in plenty of instances there's some good old fashioned bribery, kickbacks, and other forms of corruption that convinces the cops to keep their distance.
Call.Me.Ishmael
a year ago
Some towns have police that are more concerned about things like robbery, rape, and murder.
BGSD3100
a year ago
1.They’re Not legal. 2.Plenty of people go to clubs for things other than that what you mentioned. 3.What made you assume these things are legal?? Or are you just trolling??
Specialj
a year ago
TheeOSU might be onto something...
wallanon
a year ago
Cacaplop why do you ask stupid questions with so many profiles?
Icee Loco (asshole)
a year ago
Fair callout - I should not have used "legal", my bad. And if you are referring to me as having "multiple profiles" - I don't - WTH makes YOU think that. My intent is/was: it seems like places/cities turn a blind eye on extras, yet, a lot scan/record IDs. The (reasonable) reasons why makes sense. I've been to a few were extras happen, and I'm thankful.
mogul1985
a year ago
If no one is complaining... Also why is every car going 10 mph over the limit not ticketed? Police have limited resources and address the issues that impact the community and keep the community safe. So if you go 30 over and weave in traffic, yeah they will find you. If you pick up a ho and are getting a BJ parked across from a school in the middle of the day...
goldmongerATL
a year ago
One naïve dancer told me that a customer offered her $100 for a hand job. She replied that she had never had any job.
shadowcat
a year ago
Bribery would account for this, but I am sure that Detroit-area cops and politicians are too honest to take bribes.
jackslash
a year ago
Why are all my inner voices groaning at that joke, shadowcat?
wallanon
a year ago
In the major cities on the West Coast, the police don't have time to bother with anything less than a shooting; and even then not too much if nobody was hit. Defunding began it. Then cops took advantage of their retirement opportunities. (One thing the police do extremely well is lobby for generous pensions at early retirement.) And police departments have trouble hiring because everyone is having trouble hiring, and because it's now perceived as a crappy job. However, in Oregon the liquor control people have demanded cameras in clubs that serve alcohol. They are the biggest PITAs.
ArtCollege
a year ago
Don't pay any attention to DESERTDUD. He is an ass hole who is a real tough guy behind a computer, but could not pound piss out of a paper bag.
DickyDoo2
a year ago
In seattle, it is illegal but not enforced. This is because we have a very long standing tradition of SW tolerance (to a point) and police graft. Because there is some tolerance, cops get to choose who to bust, enter the graft. At the moment, you can’t get busted unless you are: 1. Bribing govt officials for something 2. Running trafficked/enslaved girls from a foreign country 3. Running a jack shack literally next door to the cop shop 4. Running/patronizing streetwalkers …all 4 are real life cases spanning 15+ years. Other than that, it’s a low priority. PRAISE THE LORD.
drewcareypnw
a year ago
This is a silly question. It’s not legal. But, the local police forces likely aren’t enforcing the laws regarding the illegal offerings of strippers. Whether those police are not enforcing the laws because they are more focused on preventing more violent crimes - or due to a large PBA donation - is a different matter. This reminds me of guys who go to Las Vegas thinking prostitution is legal there, and get arrested. It’s not legal there - and it’s important to be aware of that. I know extras are illegal in NJ, so I’m well aware that I’m taking a risk in my clubbing. I also know that strip club extras are likely low on the list of priorities for Paterson or Passaic police.
Cashman1234
a year ago
@DickeyDoo2 - yeah, I'm well aware of DesertScrub's desperate need for attention. My take: He/it/whatever is just a club ad. "Marsha Marsha Marsha"
mogul1985
a year ago
Trying to answer this question is an-exercise-in-futility – for w/e reason different cities choose to enforce or not-enforce certain-laws for various reasons – there are cities that don’t allow *any* strip-clubs – there are cities that allow clubs but don’t allow any touching – there are cities that mandate pasties; and there are cities that for w/e reason leave clubs alone as long as they don’t cause issues w.r.t. violence; heavy-drug-dealing; and especially no minors in the club. Why the difference in different cities; only the people “at the top” per se would know (ownership; LE or more importantly the local politicians) – in the past certain politicians would go after the clubs so they could make a name for themselves as “being a law-and-order” politician – in the end LE is not really concerned w/ what goes on between consenting-adults (one would assume most cops enjoy hitting strip-clubs themselves); it’s just that in many cities there are many interests involved and most cities don’t want strip-clubs as part of the fabric of their cities (house-values; value of surrounding businesses: etc) – most people/businesses do not want a strip-club “in their backyard) – why some cities allow UHM-clubs is “above our paygrade” per se – custies are not purview to what goes on behind the scenes w.r.t. the strip-club-biz.
Papi_Chulo
a year ago
Papi got it right. This is what it would be like if a cop raided a strip club. This clip is often used.... [view link]
NJBalla
a year ago
^ LOL
Papi_Chulo
a year ago
Seems to be the case that, with most arrests for prostitution, there's an undercover cop posing as either the sex worker or the john. Would probably be hard to a UC cop posing as a PL to make frequent arrests at the same club. It's probably even harder to find a female cop who'd get hired as a stripper and stage dance, just to make one misdemeanor arrest. If a club was an actual nuisance, the cops might think it was worth it to make prostitution bust, if that would help justify forcing the club to close. Well run police departments are only concerned about human trafficking, and prostitutes who loiter on sidewalks in residential areas or near retail businesses. It's common for cities to have a hamsterdam, a stroll/track/blade that people who don't want to seen street-walkers know to avoid.
ilbbaicnl
a year ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion