tuscl

The Great Cuban Exodus

PaulDrake
Off again on again PL
Thursday, December 8, 2022 7:09 PM
Ok figured you guys might be interested to hear about the local Cuban dancer drama. My metro are was one of the first to reopen clubs during covid and doesn't require and dancers license. So a ton of Cuban and South American dancers starting traveling here to work. But it wasn't just them that came their pimps came as well and made a home here. The pimps then brought even more girls and seem to traffic them in and out every 6 months or so. The infestation in the last year has gotten out of control with some shifts having 80-90% Cubans. This has driven away most of the American dancers. Pretty much most of the cute new (American) baby strippers in the last year have quit and all that is left are the career dancers. Dancers, customers, and managers all hate it. Recently some of the clubs have tried to combat this by charging the Cubans way higher house fees. But word of this got out to some of the white girls who got mad this was racist. So instead a few days ago they fired everyone that couldn't speak basic english. This was probably 100+ dancers fired from multiple clubs all at once.

30 comments

• wallanon
    2 years ago
    Hopefully they didn't fire them all from Chicas Locas or PT's because there'd be no dancers left.
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    So this is in Dallas? I've seen Cubans working in Chicago, Vegas and Atlanta, but didn't notice they were dominating the whole metro area.
  • docsavage
    2 years ago
    The Cuban stripper invasion hasn't reached Indianapolis. My first thought was that they took over because they charged less or did more than the native strippers. However, you say the customers hate it that they have taken over. If there is a demand for non-Cuban strippers, then how did the Cubans take over? I'm not being confrontational. I'm just ignorant on this subject and am curious. I like variety and wouldn't mind a few here but wouldn't want them to completely take over the strip clubs here.
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    You know. It must be a problem with the "trafficked" Cuban girls. I do most of clubbing in either Tampa or Miami. You have to be kind of on your guard with Cuban girls here. But I have had really good times with them. Had numerous OTC dates with them. The sex has been fabulous. I'm wondering if the girls in South Florida are not with a pimp. I not really looking for them. But I dont' think I have ever noticed that kind of activity here.
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    If the dancers managers and customers all hate the cubans how did they take over? Im guessing its a subset of customers and managers who are racist? And racist dancers or non extras dancers who dont want the competition?
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ I can tell you that here in South East Florida I’ve been with many different dancers over the more than thirty years I have been going to clubs, some of these girls I know we’ll over a long period of time and I can tell you if you stick to the better clubs you’re not going to find very many that are trafficked or have pimps. Can’t speak to the dive level clubs but I doubt there’s a lot of pimps there also.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    I hope they end up suing for the racist discrimination
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    Interesting stuff. Btw where the fuck you been Paul. You know in the Texas cities most people might think it’s a bunch a blonde cowgirl Debbie does Dallas types dancing in Texas but it’s probably majority Cuban now then Mexican American girls. I think the wokesters might take issue with the premise of the thread but that’s just how it is. Inside and outside of the strip club. We can all get along great on the individual level but as the groups get bigger it just naturally divides and Balkanizes. It is what it is. I think a lot of customers out there would like the gotta speak English rule.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Lmao maybe they will boot those foreign fucks out of the country.
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    How about we start a revolution, knock off the Castro family, rebuild Cuba into a capitalistic country, then we can go down there to sample our Cuban girls. OK, I was daydreaming there.
  • BabyDoc
    2 years ago
    @Warrior16 “How about we start a revolution, knock off the Castro family, rebuild Cuba into a capitalistic country, then we can go down there to sample our Cuban girls.” Sounds like a lot of unnecessary work to me. As a US citizen there are categories listed by the Dept. of State that allow you to travel to Cuba and you certainly look like an academic to me. One restriction is that you aren’t supposed to spend any money in a Cuban government store or enterprise, lol. Oh, and you should know that Cuba won’t accept US dollars (also lol). Why not make a vacation, I mean an academic sojourn of it and go to Mexico, pick up some pesos and fly to the island. Just leave my ex-GF alone. She’s still saving herself just for me in the hope that world peace will break out all over and I’ll be lured to the playa with the aroma of Cuban coffee and lilting sounds of music reminding me of the sun-kissed skin laying out in all of nature’s …..oh sorry. Got carried away there for a minute. [view link]
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    Booting out immigrant strippers would drive prices up. People working in the industry want that to lower competition. People who date or otherwise affiliate with American strippers like icee also want that but it hurts the consumer
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    Cuban strippers seem pretty representative of Cubans generally. They range from being able to pass (appearance-wise) for South Italian, to being able to pass for Sub-Saharan African. Cuban or not, the general pattern I've seen is that, the less white a dancer is, the more likely she is to charge less. That's why I always tip as necessary to make sure I'm spending at least $200 per 15 minutes of lap dancing with a stripper. I don't feel comfortable with it when someone gets relatively low pay because of their race. Has anybody done dinners/OTC with Cuban strippers? I kinda have this fear they'd be too clingy.
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    Meant to say $100 per 15 minutes. Will do $200 when I win the lottery.
  • whodey
    2 years ago
    Charging Cuban girls higher fees is not only racist it is illegal. I don't blame the girls, regardless of race, for getting upset over it. Just imagine what would happen if a predominantly white club decided to charge black dancers higher fees to limit the number of black dancers in the club. Shit would hit the fan real quick and rightfully so. I can understand the rule requiring them to speak at least basic English so that they can communicate with customers. After all while it may be easy to sell a couple of dances based off of a girls look, it is harder to sell the bigger fantasy to guys if you can't have a conversation. However, depending on the area there may be enough customers that speak Spanish to make it worthwhile to keep girls around who don't speak English to cater to those customers. I club mostly in Kentucky and Ohio and occasionally in Indiana or West Virginia. Around here Latinas of any nationality are still a small minority of the dancers and the vast majority of customers don't speak Spanish so that rule would work out well here. The only club that I frequent that has seen an increase in non-English speaking dancers and customers is Pussycat Lounge in Louisville and even there the girls know at least the basics in English.
  • iknowbetter
    2 years ago
    Kind of missing the whole point of the problem with human trafficking. I’m probably the farthest thing from woke, but I hate to think that my hobby is creating a demand for trafficked young girls - regardless of race, nationality or language.
  • blahblahblah23
    2 years ago
    ^ilbbaicnl, I know we're kinda off topic here, but w/e. I've heard that before about some girls charging less or making less cuz of race. My thoughts though are if a girl is actually hot and black in a majority white club- I feel like she would make a lot of money by default cuz she would have zero comparable competition.
  • CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    Pics and Vids or it didn’t happen and I Call Obvious Fake News, and I quote: “Recently some of the clubs have tried to combat this by charging the Cubans way higher house fees. But word of this got out to some of the white girls who got mad this was racist. So instead a few days ago they fired everyone that couldn't speak basic english. This was probably 100+ dancers fired from multiple clubs all at once.”
  • wallanon
    2 years ago
    "I’m probably the farthest thing from woke, but I hate to think that my hobby is creating a demand for trafficked young girls - regardless of race, nationality or language." There's a can of worms in the corner you probably don't want to open.
  • Dan3635
    2 years ago
    St. James cabaret in Houston requires new dancers to show a local ID and get a license from the county. Actually, it might be the county requirement, not the club. There are Cuban dancers there but far fewer than other clubs. This licensing step might reduce the trafficked dancers because it isn’t worth the hassle. Maybe more clubs that “hate the Cuban invasion” could try a similar approach. Might even reduce the economic driver for the trafficking.
  • rickdugan
    2 years ago
    Like some others here, I'm not really fond of the notion of chargin them higher house fees. It just doesn't feel right. But with that said, I can understand the whole exodus thing. A similar thing happened in Jacksonville some years back, when a wave of Cubans washed through the clubs. You can understand the allure for club managers. Like the Russian girls in some northeast clubs, they travel in groups. When a club manager hires them it instantly solves any dancer rotation shortages. But like where you are (which I'm guessing is Fort Worth), most of them didn't stick. Wackos still has a healthy contingent of them and a few other clubs have 2-3 on shift at any time, but the rest moved on. Limited English and "wanna dance" approaches just don't play well with some of the customer base here, even when the girls are almost universally fucking and sucking. I'm guessing that the same holds true where you are.
  • rickdugan
    2 years ago
    Dan, nobody who likes strip clubs should be in favor of licensing requirements. It is another way which some places use to crack down on, and otherwise control, the clubs.
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    Any actual evidence they are trafficked? Many whackjobs claim all sex workers are trafficked, so I'm skeptical of such claims.
  • busta_nut
    2 years ago
    @Rick. Wackos does have a high percentage of Cuban and some who have been there for a long time. Last week one day shift was almost 90% Cuban. Emperors has plenty and now so does Officers Club. A good bit of the Cubans work Wackos during the day and then Officers at night. I personally think it is starting to negatively affect the clubs again. On the other hand The Mgmt of the Clubs has a love / hate relationship with them. The show up for work, hustle, and generate income. The downside is the drama, the crowd they attract and they tend to drive away the non Cuban girls. And as you know this is not good for business. I personally do not find most of them attractive but there are some exceptions.. and I can not stand the "do you want to dance Papi". When the invasion is too great in any one of the clubs I will rotate to others. Or if it is bad all over I just stay home and save money. I am mostly a day shift person but even now that has gotten pretty invasive.
  • rickdugan
    2 years ago
    ===> "Emperors has plenty and now so does Officers Club." This is all night shift commentary - I can't speak to dayshift. I can't speak for the Officer's Club, but Emperors has a small handful of them, a couple of which have been there a long time now. But there was a brief window of time, during the Great Cuban Wave in Jacksonville, where Emps experimented with making them a much larger % of the rotation. This was during a period when Emps was struggling to fill its roster, before Gold Club closed and so many of those girls went to Emps. It didn't stick. It also didn't stick at Centerfold's either, which also hired some of them during that time. The Dollhouse still has a few as well at night, but a majority of the dancers are home grown. I agree about Wackos, which I think I mentioned above. Too many Cubans for my tastes. I really believe that it is pushing some of the hotter American girls elsewhere.
  • wallanon
    2 years ago
    "Any actual evidence they are trafficked?" Lots of girls who just got here aren't that shy about sharing how they got here and why they're working. They don't have to be kidnapped in the middle of the night for it to be trafficking. Take that for what it's worth to you.
  • NJBalla
    2 years ago
    Why would clubs try to combat this? Its simple supply and demand. If the cubans are hotter and do a better job then let the american girls find a different career path or better yet learn the cuban ways and improve thier craft. But who am i kidding sense and strip club manager rarely go together
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    @busta dancers who don't "wanna dance" are not going to be driven out by dancers who do "wanna dance". So, if you've found a club with non-wanna-dance dancers who you like, you don't need to worry. Blame customers like me. If strippers don't "wanna dance" me, I "wanna dance" them. They tend to come to customers like me first once they know us. Get the money fast, move on to the next score. Can't really blame them.
  • Studme53
    2 years ago
    It’s a market economy in a capitalist system. This would be a interesting topic for Freakonomics. Ultimately, the market will sort it out.
  • rickdugan
    2 years ago
    ===> "Ultimately, the market will sort it out." Agreed. Here in J'ville they service a particular desire for certain types of guys. Specifically they're a guaranteed good time for any guy who doesn't mind a mechanical and completely covered experience in a non-private backroom with a girl who speaks little or no English. Basically akin to Pleasant Moments in B'port CT, except with a fraction of the privacy at double or triple (depending upon the girl and how much of a sucker the dude is) the cost. Not my cup of tea, but to each his own. Apparently not the cup of tea of a lot of other patrons in a number of the J'ville clubs either or else more of them would have stuck back during the Great Cuban Wave. It sounds like it played out similarly in Paul's local area and I suspect in other areas as well, where a wave passes through, the area tried them out and absorbed some but ultimately had to readjust to the right market equilibrium, and then the rest moved on.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion