tuscl

Is your ATF a sex industry slave?

Monday, January 14, 2008 10:08 PM
Of the 4 dancers who I would describe as ATFs of varying degrees, my investigation has concluded that none (despite all 4 being born outside the USA) can be construed as being a "sex industry slave". However, I will continue to monitor for any evidence suggesting some connection to the sex industry slave trade.

16 comments

• wondergrl5
    16 years ago
    OMG you like causing trouble huh? LOL
  • SuperDude
    16 years ago
    Careful with this. The guys running this trade might want to hurt you if you get too close to the truth.
  • FONDL
    16 years ago
    This is an interesting question for me, because if you define slavery broadly to include the more subtle forms of coercion I think the answer is yes. My ATF's crappy family encouraged her to try dancing (she had been waitressing) and when she was dancing she was supporting several lose family members including her mother and at least one brother. They put a lot of pressure on her not to quit. Fortunately she had the good sense to move on. So maybe there's more slavery than we care to admit.
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    Well sure, IF you say "Not doing what you would really want to be doing, and only doing your job because of the money involved," then we're ALMOST ALL OF US "slaves" to some industry er other.
  • driver01
    16 years ago
    Reading so many of these posts for a number of years leads me to think there are more than a few guys here who are "slaves" themselves to the sex industry--
  • DougS
    16 years ago
    Driver01: I'd respond to that, but this damned ball and chain attached to my leg is making it difficult! [grin]
  • AbbieNormal
    16 years ago
    Wondergrl. if you haven't figured it out by now, he lives for it. Personally, in much the same manner I believe calling something genocidal should be confined to say, and effort to wipe a race of people off the face of the earth through a highly organized campaign of shipping them to death camps, I think slavery is one of those words that shouldn't be used lightly.
  • harrydave
    16 years ago
    Yeah, the definition of slavery should be reserved for egregious physical and mental coercion, confinement, usurpation of wages, etc. With that definition in mind, I can't say I have ever met a sex industry slave. However, there is a club in CT that is largely populated by Dominican girls; they speak little English, and I have wondered if they are shipped back and forth from the Dominican Republic, and whether there is someone profiting from that (other then the usual take by the club owner). Can't say they look unhappy or underfed or physically abused. But we aften don't know about the bad things going on around us, so I still wonder.
  • casualguy
    16 years ago
    Sex industry slave? Nope. However I have encountered a nymphomaniac. She wanted to have sex with me all the time. She was a dancer too. If you only knew what she would do just to warm me up whether I wanted it or not. I once thought about breaking things off with her and then she went down so fast I didn't even get hardly a word out. Finally one day she mentioned something about the cops caught her doing 90 and she was currently living in another state. She disappeared and life returned back to normal. Sometimes I wonder how these girls seem to find me. Reminds me of setting up a basic profile on one web site just to see who was on it. Next thing I know I get all these emails from nice looking girls. Most said they just wanted to talk or meet me. One said she had a bet with a friend on the site to see who could have sex with the most guys on the site. Let's see, I had a name I thought of and an age and location. Nothing else. I'm thinking there must be some horny girls out there. If they aren't already horny, I hope to make them that way. <evil grin>
  • wondergrl5
    16 years ago
    Im HERE!!!!!!!!!! LOL
  • wondergrl5
    16 years ago
    All right heres a touchy subject in my family but my grand mother was sold to a family in the US as a "maid". She was 12 and told she would be helping her family out. This couple legally adopted her. When she did come to this country she found out they ran a brothel. She lived there till she was 14 then ran away. This was in 1940. Im not going to deny the exsistence of these types of people andplaces. But its not exclusive to any country. Bad people are everywhere. Do I think that the girlss in clubs are sex slaves? No. This kind of evil doing would be kept underground. Do I believe its rampant in this country? No. But can I totally deny its possibility? NO
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    In specific to a more "stringent" definition (more "real"?) of the term "slavery", I'd have to say that I can't really believe that most anglo or caucasian strippers are enslaved in North America. Too easy to go to the cops. If there's anyone whom I might encounter who is indeed an indentured prostitute under involuntary servitude, I'm going to have to guess that it's an asian brothel worker. Probably at a small town place. In New Orleans, most girls could (if they were desperate and also had the chutzpah) just walk out the door and yell for help. In Hattiesburg maybe not. Of course, they might be hunted down when they got back to Korea or Thailand ... so that's a different issue. In any case, we should be careful not to use the term "slavery" (like "genocide") so lightly. Define "willing" versus "unwilling" payoff.
  • David9999
    16 years ago
    In america at least, I believe mexican strippers would have the highest odds of being some type of slave, simply because the comparative ease of moving them back and forth as is necessary. Also, in places like New Jersey with russian girls, there also might be some coerced (borderline slave type) strippers working. So even though they are likely out there somewhere, there is no evidence (despite the huge media hype in recent years) that this a major problem in the strip club industry in this country at this time
  • BobbyI
    16 years ago
    Well there are definitely strippers with very bad drug problems who have pimps. Closest thing to slavery in strip clubs that I am aware of.
  • David9999
    16 years ago
    "..very bad drug problems who have pimps. Closest thing to slavery in strip clubs" No doubt a redefinition of a "sex industry slave" will need to be made soon because the actual numbers being compiled just are not holding up with the supposed projections. Note this is exactly what happened 15 to 20 yrs back when they needed to jack-up the rape numbers on college campuses - so Ms Magazine in combination with the (originating) Koss Study turned male-female sexual activity where the FEMALE had any alcohol into a de facto rape, even when the "victims" themsevles said it was not rape, thus allowing the claim (still repeated to this day on the major networks in america) that "1 in 4 college women will be raped" Indendentured (via large debts owed) strippers or sex workers is now one area - which I think already has been labeled as a type of slavery, even when they are physically free to leave or run away. One can in fact make an argument that this could be a type of quasi-slavery, but its not what the original wild claims were focused on. However my guess is that either alcohol or drug addiction of any type when combined with strippers who have traveled from other countries - will soon kick it into the sex slave category of some type, plus a huge catch-all, probably something like "emotional" based slavery, where a woman wants to stop stripping and for example return to Russia, but the same nationality males involved with their lives - keep verbally pressuring them to stay in america and strip. The "emotion" tactic was also years back to help cook the numbers of women being abused, where they eventually starting lumping physical abuse in with emotional abuse - so they then could come out with these grand pronouncements that went something like "every year in america more than 40 million women are abused" Criticizing a spouse, yup, in some cases that could be construed as abuse.
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    You bring up the "emotional coersion" thing and I have to agree. I think the best analysis I've ever heard of the "date rape phenomenon" is simply, that the women wanted to cry foul because the men didn't cuddle them afterwards. Whether or not a college girl said, "He date raped me," therefore, is much less a function of what activity took place beforehand (acquaintance, drinking, non-consensual feeling up, whatever) or what took place during (intercourse, not intercourse), but rather, what took place AFTERWARDS (treated her sweetly and knew how to "respect her in the morning" and "let her down softly"). You can do an awful lot in this society if you know how to smoothly slide away when the leavin's good, rather than bolt like a jerk. People love to cry foul about the bolting jerk. Evidently he OWED her something for the privilege of stimulating his fingertips with her clitoris ...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion