tuscl

Are Women Attracted to Smokers?

Thursday, September 8, 2022 4:05 AM
I'm not a smoker. I have a cigarette once in a while and probably haven't had one in twenty years.

But today I got the itch for a smoke. So I went down to my local convenience store and bought a pack of American Spirits for $11.

I clumsily opened the pack and lit up. It was a little awkward at first as I didn't remember how to hold a cigarette or how hard to inhale. But I had it figured out soon enough.

I was just taking a little stroll about town, a little embarrassed cause it's a dirty habit and all, but the strangest thing happened: I got signs of female interest from two attractive ladies in the course of my ten minute walk. That never happens to me so I noticed it for sure.

Usually i walk by an attractive woman stranger and we just ignore each other like it was anyone else but the first made direct eye contact that was more than an accident and the second openly smiled and even looked back at me.

So is this a thing, are women attracted to smokers?

23 comments

• Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    For me. If a girl smokes its a deal breaker. It's the smell
  • shadowcat
    2 years ago
    Smokers are in the real minority now. So if you are attracting attention it is because they see a weird sight walking down the street. "look at the dufus!"
  • PhatBoyHell
    2 years ago
    No. They see guys that smoke as a side show
  • Jascoi
    2 years ago
    remember the candy cigarettes back in the 50s and the 60s?
    I need to find a pack of those.
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    Good to see you bob, long time.

Icee you say its a dealbreaker but all the girls youve been with were big smokers.
  • sideshow_bob
    2 years ago
    Hmmm... the interweb says it's a thing, but it only attracts women with short term intentions.

Nicotine does increase testosterone.

https://www.dmarge.com/women-love-smoker…
  • Mate27
    2 years ago
    Smokers are pokers. Do you smoke pole?
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    The percentage of smokers is way, way down from what it once was. Google says it 12.5% down from over 20% just 15 years ago

What that figure doesn’t tell you is that it’s highly geographically distributed. The percentage of smokers in the south and Midwest is far greater than “the healthy” western states.

It still seems person in a strip club smokes.
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    I have no clue but I’m not a fan of women smokers from my side of things
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    @Motorhead
    Funny you mentioned that, it's weird but except for in the strip clubs I almost never see young people smoking any place any more here in Florida, maybe in other places but it's like all those workers at the supermarket, and the malls that used to congregate in spots to have a smoke break are gone. No smoking in restaurants used to chase those diners outside for a smoke break, I never see them any more, the only place where smoking seems to be prevalent are strip clubs, my guess is they will ban smoking in the clubs soon and the few smokers left will either quit or vape.
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    This is an interesting question. I don’t have an answer or even a theory on why women would be interested in a smoker they see on the street.

Very interesting comments here.
  • Huntsman
    2 years ago
    We are all attracted to “vice” of one sort or another at times. Hell, we are all here on a strip club forum. Sometimes it’s nice to break a few societal rules and there is a social element in finding others who are like minded. No one is perfect to begin with and a visible vice serves as an acknowledgment of that and, at times, and can be “attractive”.

Not every one is into the same vices and often only occasionally so. As to smoking, I don’t smoke other than a cigar about once per year on a fishing trip, so I don’t know if a subset of women find it attractive in men. But I’ve always been extra intrigued by a hot woman smoking, despite my going for the “healthy” look in general. It’s contradictory, I know, but there seems to be something too it.

• docsavage
    2 years ago
    I don't know if smoking would fall into this category, but some women are attracted to men who engage in slightly dangerous behavior because they see it as a sign of bravery. Women like brave men because that type of male will come to their rescue in dangerous situations.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    If you want to attract girls with drugs.... weed or coke works better than cigarettes lulz.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    Smoking cigarettes used to be cool and rebellious. Now it's seen as low class.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    It's trashy. Younger girls I know who smoke do it coz they're into drugs and have a need to constantly put some chemicals in their bodies.
  • Jascoi
    2 years ago
    hey mac… gotta cigarette? I need to look cool in my bad ass Prius.
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    After 40-plus years I finally quit what had become a 2-pack-a-day addiction. Right now I'm at 4 months and 2 weeks smoke free. I feel great about it, and it's gotten a little easier, but every day I still struggle to not go buy a pack.

I really just want to say fuck it and smoke. In the beginning I would focus on the health benefit and the reasons I quit in the first place. Now I only focus on how much effort and misery I've already invested in quitting, and don't want to throw that away.
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    I used to smoke, but I quit years ago. I was out on a blind date in Chicago circa 2001. I was so excited for this date. The woman came from a very rich family, had matriculated from one of the premier women's finishing schools, and had a trust fund the size Australia. The pictures were all right. She was not a knockout, but she cleaned up well and had potential to be a hottie. During our phone calls, she had told me she hated smoking. So the day of our date, I did not smoke and I cleaned the hell out of car.

The date was a disaster. She had gained a good 20 pounds since the photo was taken. She changed her hair. She was half a retard.
    Even her parents hated me since they were trying to get their JAP to date the scion of an even richer family, (and I'm not Jewish). It was like she was a completely different girl than was advertised and than I had the phone call with. I could not get rid of her. So I pulled out the deal breaker - a pack of Camel Special Lights and my trusty Zippo. Silence. I'm puffing happily away. She rubbed my arm and "you're so sexy when you smoke." She was so fucking smitten. I just drove her home where she gave me a BBBJCIMNQNS in her driveway. Her head game was strong, but no way was there going to be a second date.
  • pistola
    2 years ago
    IDK I thought women, in this day and age, are attracted to face tatted scrawny wife-beater-wearing scuzzy loser looking fucks. I see so many hot girls with dudes that look like they could never have a white collar job and look like they haven't showered in 2 days. Cigs don't matter, if you look like you have 3 different children from 2 different baby mamas and a credit rating of 480, they will find you attractive right now.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Girls never liked geeky needy types
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    There seems to be a subset of women that are more-attracted to the bad-boy – I think back in the day (perhaps pre-yuppie-1980s?) there was a subset of women that saw a guy that smoked as a “bad boy” or perhaps "more masculine" and thus found it attractive?

But over the years; more-so the last 30 years, smoking has been really stigmatized so IDK if as many women today would find it “attractive” as perhaps 30+ years ago? Perhaps some still do subconsciously?

It also comes down to natural preference – some people are more grossed-out by cigs than others and others may be perhaps indifferent about it – trashy-women don’t necessarily turn me off but a woman smoking often does (at best I tolerate it but I doubt I’d ever date a smoker and I never did in my younger-days since I’ve never been a smoker and never liked it).
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    I dated a smoker before and hated it. The way the smell lingers. She'd use tons of perfume. And would brush her teeth after every cigarette. But I still hated the way she smelled and left my place smelling. I could tell the difference
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion