tuscl

Best Livable Spot in the US for regular clubbing...

RandomName111
Mostly NC, DC, Baltimore, Philly.
I'm thinking about moving in the next few months and while I've been to clubs in 48 states, most of those were before the pandemic which has changed a lot of areas entirely. Legends like Follies in Atlanta have closed, Texas's stupid 21+ laws destroyed markets like El Paso (not that I wanted to live there), and so on.

Since I'm not traveling much these days I wanted to ask the hive mind - if you could live anywhere in the US but you wanted a healthy club scene (with extras) which market would you pick and why? The cost of living is not a consideration.

Example: Right now Tampa is top of my list due to the sheer number and variety of clubs, and options for entertainment. Excellent beaches and all pretty cheap (to me). People are weird and wonderful. Great weather almost all year round.

I figured this might be an entertaining thread, which I'm sure we'll all need after the economic numbers post later this week.

33 comments

• RandomName111
    2 years ago
    Cities I'm particularly interested in hearing opinions about include Atlanta, Philadelphia, and Pittsburg. The first two used to have epic options but recent reviews I've read have been solidly mixed, but perhaps I'm not looking in the right spots.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Tijuana Mexico.

Or very close to the San Diego border crossing.

SJG

Georges Delerue, Movie Music
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC43lBrH…
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    Traffic sucks in South Florida, stick with Atlanta, Philadelphia, or Pittsburgh, plus housing down here is expensive, we don't have room for any more looky loos.
  • EastCoaster
    2 years ago
    You said you're looking for a place with "a healthy club scene (with extras)", so that will guide my response to your query.

For strip clubs, I love the Philadelphia area. *Lots* of different options (with and without extras), especially if you're willing to drive a little to neighboring towns/states.

Atlanta, as you said, has lost Follies. I have been to many of the clubs there over the past 20+ years, but outside of a couple of clubs currently vying to be the Follies replacement (where extras may be available), most of the clubs are fairly low mileage. Atlanta's a great city, though. I have been there many, many times.

I was in Pittsburgh once a few years ago (just pre-Covid) and thought the SC options there were few in number and not especially exciting (very limited extras).

As you mentioned, Tampa seems like a good option.
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    Depends what your into I guess. Don't be coming down to South Florida if your into Anglos. Or your into natural girls. What kind of girls your into. Philly is a good extras city if your into black dancers. Atlanta seems like a black dancer mecca. I like the Tampa Bay area strip club scene but as far as living there, boy is it slow. Tampa is just not a city at all, you got really be ready to dial it back. Pittsburgh I don't know if your gonna find blow you away talent there. My longer thoughts on it https://tuscl.net/article.php?id=57303 Cool city though, very underrated and unique place imo but one rust belt city that isn't growing at all, and it's heyday it's likely in rear view mirror.

If money is no obstacle go LA area.
  • Electronman
    2 years ago
    Summer and Fall in Ann Arbor, MI. Winter in Tampa/St. Pete?Pa;sco County.

• Lockjaw
    2 years ago
    So you are going to move somewhere just for gentlemen's clubs with extras? You will be shit out of luck when a raid comes and the fem-Nazis on the city council decide to make all the clubs close or have a three foot rule. I thought 40 year old virgin was just a movie.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    So you’re looking for a good strip-club scene *with* extras and that it’s livable – kinda hard to find an area with all 3.

The Tampa and surrounding areas have good SC scenes and a fair-amount of extras – plus mostly warm-weather.

South-Florida/Miami area has a ton of clubs and extras are almost as common as suntan-lotion – drawbacks are it’s mostly non-English-speaking Cuban-dancers (not many American girls) – traffic is pretty-bad – lots of people moving to SoFlo and rents/housing has gone up although it’s always been fairly-high – you don’t have to live in Miami; could live in Palm Beach county and just drive to the clubs in Broward and Miami-Dade counties – South FL is a fun place to live if one is active and likes to do things and socialize/party; but o/w the quality of life IMO is not that good.

IDK too-much about the Philly SC scene and if it’s worth living there just for the SC scene – not to mention the high-crime these days plus the brutal-winters – IDK if Philly is necessarily a SC destination city but you’re in the heart of the northeast and have NJ not that far away for additional SC options (if one is willing to make the trek every now and then).

Detroit has a good SC scene (mainly the suburbs of Detroit these days after the city clamped down on the city-proper clubs) – but IDK about living there especially winter.

Texas has a decent SC-scene (Dallas, Houston, Austin) although it’s not that extras-heavy.

Phoenix also has a decent scene although the summers can be brutal.

There is also Los Angeles but you would have to wanna live there and be able to afford it.

It’s hard to be able to recommend to someone else where they will be happy living and which clubs they will actually enjoy – the best thing would be for you to do some trips and scout clubs for yourself to see if you like the club scene and would like living there – if you had the flexibility, you could also try living in different places with good clubs for a few months and then decide where to settle down – Tampa seems like a good area but hard to say if it would be the best area.

• Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Just make sure there aren't too many Republicans on the city council coz they'll shut the clubs down. I'd go with vegas Phoenix or houston
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    @Papi
    Palm Beach County is closed, we don't need no more of those damn yankees comin i here and messing up our way of life
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    25 - Are you on the Palm Beach Chamber of Commerce ?
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    If you want to live in a place where clerking at 7/11 is considered highly skilled labor, move to South Florida. Flat golf course, non-english speaking, obese strippers and horrible traffic.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    If he has to move to South Florida, Miami Gardens or Hialeah would be much better than Palm Beach County.

@skibum the only hills we actually have, are on the golf course, but they're only around the water hazards, to keep the alligators off the greens.
    LOL
  • mark94
    2 years ago
    If all you care about is extras, San Diego ( Tijuana adjacent ) is the obvious answer.
  • Champphilly
    2 years ago
    Nevada. Legal brothels clubs.
  • DickyDoo2
    2 years ago
    There are plenty of extras clubs in Texas.
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    Nobody has said Frankfurt yet. FKK guys !!!
  • Jimmybigtits
    2 years ago
    Not Pittsburgh
  • RandomName111
    2 years ago
    Got it @twentyfive, Palm Beach County it is!

South Florida is nice and I've spent ample time there (really the entire east coast of FL) over the past 20-30 years, but I think for Florida Tampa is my pick. Less traffic, lower prices, lots of growth opportunities for businesses, it's got solid transit options (for Florida), a lot of great restaurants, and entertainment options that are all easily accessible.

TJ is fun, but I definitely wouldn't want to live there. San Diego isn't a terrible option someone mentioned above, or somewhere between there and LA.

@EastCoaster - that is great to hear about Philly! I've considered somewhere on the outskirts or up towards the mountains, but most of the dancers I knew there all transitioned to OF during the pandemic and haven't come back.

@Papi_Chulo - Stellar response. Phoenix is definitely too hot for me in the summer. San Antonio and Austin would be on my list, but long term the state seems pretty anti-SW so I worry about all the Texas destinations, and I'd only really consider hill country anyway (which I've spent lots of time in). Detroit (or about an hour outside of it) is actually something I've considered... a house along the water north of the city wouldn't be terrible and gives me easy access to Toronto, one of my fav cities. The countryside is genuinely beautiful there although winters are no joke. It's definitely hard to find all three... figured this thread might surface some unexpected delights, like a cute little mountain town in WV with 4 seedy clubs, great restaurants, and stellar views.

@desertscrub - I actually never thought about PR, and shockingly have never been. There are also some significant tax advantages to being there, but it didn't seem like a place with a healthy SC scene (or any kind of debauchery really). Will look into that more.
  • RandomName111
    2 years ago
    @ChampPhilly - I have considered Nevada, and it's near the top of my list for sure.

@Lockjaw - Definitely not just for it. I figured this thread might unearth some hidden gems though. Everyone knows about South Florida and Detroit, but I'm sure there are other areas that are awesome to live in that also have healthy club scenes. I tend to find a lot more general debauchery in areas where extras clubs are tolerated - which I like, whether that's swingers clubs, party culture, etc.
  • RandomName111
    2 years ago
    @Papi_Chulo - Forgot to add, appreciate the extra detail on Detroit. I knew about the city crackdown but not that the out of city clubs still being good. That definitely raises Detroit up the list a couple of notches.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ You got that I’m just kidding about S Fla, I wouldn’t live anywhere else, not because of the strip clubs, definitely a plus, but that’s not really a great reason for me, but I wouldn’t knock it, if it’s important to you that’s fine.
  • mark94
    2 years ago
    For anyone considering moving, be aware that home prices in many markets will drop 20%-30% in the next 12 months. That includes Florida, Texas, Nevada, and Arizona. Factor that into your plan.
  • Jimmybigtits
    2 years ago
    Is anyone concerned about making this kind of decision given the possibility of changes to local and state laws or enforcement of laws to make extras more difficult? I haven't followed it much but I assume this is a possibility. I'm definitely considering a 2nd retirement home so I'm following this thread with great intetest
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    If ypu could pull it off; living near Detroit but being a snowbird in Tampa might be a good combo.
  • Dolfan
    2 years ago
    South Florida is only open for hot chicks in their early twenties who are likley to become strippers or offensively rich and reasonably hot divorcee's in their 40's looking to pay for my trips to the club to see the first group.

Otherwise, maybe try San Jose. I hear there's some great organization out there.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    @Mark if you’re so sure SA 20-30% drop in real estate is coming why aren’t you actively shorting REITs
  • Mate27
    2 years ago
    I think REITs are uniquely priced different than residential, probably already depressed. Once rates go down again they’ll be popular.

Anyway, I keep telling everyone if I was retired and wanted easy access to strip clubs and an international airport all within an hour drive, Casa grande, AZ. Situated between two clubbing metropolitan areas with excellent restaurants and affordability, with near perfect weather 8 months/year. The hot months are ideal for traveling out of town a few hours to mountains/coast and always a pool close by. I do like Tucson clubs. Their vibe is slower and still fun. TJ, Vegas, and LA can all be thrown in the mix for variety. Culture is low, but do that when you travel.
  • RandomName111
    2 years ago
    @twentyfive - I definitely caught that ;-) I love South Florida overall for clubbing, but Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater has a chill vibe for general life that I love. Overall vibe matters more than clubbing, but I tend to find they go hand in hand with what I like.

@Papi_Chulo - I have actually considered that, or a Philly/Tampa split since I can get a sleeper car on a train and bounce between them easily (less hassle than flying and I actually enjoy the journey).

@Mark94 - I am, part of why I'm going to move soon, rent and make sure I dig the vibe, and then will buy the dip to get a property. No substitute for spending time in an area for a few months to make sure you're picking the right location. That's how I ended up where I am now (and I've decided it's not the right location).
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    Seems like it's been commented in previous threads that the good Tampa area clubs are technically in violation of local laws. So, potentially a risk that some police chief or DA will decide to make a name for themselves by cracking down.

The U.S. fucked Mexico by strong arming it into fighting a drug war without sufficient reasources. Wouldn't surprise me if the U.S. callously decides to fuck the clubs in TJ, also for grandstanding reason.

ROBs don't get regulars. So aren't tourist places like Vegas ROB paradises, since dancers don't need regulars there?
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    "... Seems like it's been commented in previous threads that the good Tampa area clubs are technically in violation of local laws ..."

Almost any club with good mileage, even if there are no extras; are likely in violation of some law - it's usually a matter of whether the-powers-to-be decide to enforce them or not - any area/city is in danger of the clubs going from good to bad overnight if the powers to be want it so.
  • mike710
    2 years ago
    @Papi. The first time I went to one of my, now favorite, clubs in Pinellas, they did not even allow a lapdance. In the private area, you and the girl had to both stand up. Now, there are little trash cans to dispose of the evidence of extras in the VIP booths.

That city in Pinellas has come a long way. Sure, it could go the other way but it seems there are more important things to worry about lately.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    Pittsburgh club scene is not or ever was that great. I put Pittsburgh as #2 as the best rust belt city (taking strip clubs out of the equation). Cost of living isn’t astronomical when compared to cities of similar size, plenty of things to do, the people are not very friendly, BUT they are more friendly than Philly residents. Not sure if you’re renting or buying but property taxes in Pittsburgh and Philly are pretty high.

As for on your list I’d personally take Tampa over Philly or Pittsburgh not even factoring in strip clubs, but that’s just me.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion