tuscl

So, how much money did you bring in?

BaggerRider
Wisconsin
Have you ever been asked this by a dancer?

I got to the club about an hour after they opened, there was one other customer talking to a dancer at the bar and one older dancer sitting by herself, no dancers on stage yet. I got a bottle of water and sat down, about a minute later the older dancer comes up sits next to me. She is probably mid-40s if not 50s, looks okay for her age but not really my type. I had tipped her on stage before but never really talked to her.

She introduced herself and asked why I was drinking water. I told her I don't drink during the day, and then she asked if I would buy her a drink even though I wasn't drinking. Since dancer drinks are only $8 and there were no other dancers working yet, I said OK and paid the bartender. As I was putting the change in my pocket she asked me how much money I brought with me. I said "Did you actually just ask me that?", she looked shocked and said "Yes, why shouldn't I?". Thankfully she was called to stage about a minute later, and left me alone for the rest of the hour I spent there.

I've been going to this club for 6 months, once every week or two, and almost always get lap dances and occasionally VIPs. I've never been asked that before, and while I could understand a new dancer asking, she's been dancing at least 6 months and probably much longer.

39 comments

• rickdugan
    2 years ago
    Hell no. In all the years I've been clubbing regularly I've never met a dancer brazen enough to ask that question outright. IME most tend to use less direct means to try to gauge a guy's potential, like asking what he does for work or observing his clothes and what he's spending on.

That's too funny. Thanks for sharing it.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    Nope. Not once.

Most guys, if asked, would either not answer or lie. And most dancers know that... except that dancer.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    Last ROB at Desire asked me "what's your budget?"

Fucking hate the used car saleswoman shtick.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    ^ Your "girlfriends" come $13.99 for six pairs from Fruit of the Loom.

https://www.amazon.com/Fruit-Loom-Cushio…
  • Dolfan
    2 years ago
    Not like that. Like Rick mentioned I've had many girls try to feel me out to get an idea of my potential, some more subtle than others in their efforts but none that were so direct.

I've overheard girls asking guys how much they have, I've always presumed I was hearing the tail end of a conversation that went something like "You wanna do a room" "maybe, how much is a room" "$xxx" "oh, I don't have enough for that" "well how much do you have" but now I wonder.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    If anyone ever asked me that question I would invite them to leave and never have any interactions with them again
  • nicespice
    2 years ago
    “I brought 69 with me”
  • psycho_trick
    2 years ago
    Don't think I would've been too offended. Maybe answered with something equally inappropriate like 'Depends. How close will I get to fucking you tonight?'.

• shadowcat
    2 years ago
    Never been asked how much money I had but have been asked what I was there for.
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    I have been asked what i do for work.
    One dancer during the dance asked me how much money i make. I answered it honestly.
    There was one dancer i had gotten dances with for a while, $300+ or $600. And when I wanted to do $200 a later time she started complaining and crying and insisting she won’t do a dance unless i pull out $400. Eventually she agreed to the $200
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    No. But, doesn't seem so brazen to me. Whenever I been car shopping, they always ask what monthly payment you're shooting for. Many salespeople think they will make their best money being pushy and overbearing, and you'll never convince them otherwise. But, since she's new, she may quickly decide she'll do better if she dials it back some. Maybe she is just following advice from stripperweb Hustle Hut. I'm pretty sure at least some of them purposely give shitty "information", to sabotage their competition before the club even opens.
  • sideshow_bob
    2 years ago
    I tell them exactly what I do for work, job title. Even people in my industry dont understand what I do, but so far no dancer has ever asked me for clarification.
  • bkkruined
    2 years ago
    It's a pretty commonly discussed idea that you only take with you what your going to spend.

And I guess, if she's the only one working that night, she's gonna assume you spend that all on her?

I have been to clubs were, especially with the day shift, the expected pattern is pretty much go back for "dances" with one lady, finish with her and leave... and she's just asking how to finish...

• Muddy
    2 years ago
    You got to have fun with a question like that. $15. or go 40K.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    I was asked once how much money I had and responded: 1.879 million dollars if you include home equity. After a long silence she said I meant with you. I said enough for pizza later on. She just left. What is really funny is when asked what I do for work I tell them I am homeless. Why is that funny? They look at me and no one ever says they don't believe me. Apparently, my wife is right: she married the worst dressed human being on earth.
  • doctorevil
    2 years ago
    Never been asked that specific question. Have been asked several times what my budget is.
  • rickdugan
    2 years ago
    Some of you must club in very different places than I do if "what's your budget?" is common. Shit she might as well just ask how much you've got. Those girls must clearly have been confused about their roles and spending expectations.

It's a much more common question in places like car dealerships and jewelry stores because guys already go in pre-disposed to make a single large purchase and with affordability figures in mind. There's very little sense showing $50k diamonds or cars to a guy on a $20k budget.

But a strip club is a pay-as-you-go affair with multiple potential points of purchase. The presumption and self-entitlement in a question like that would honestly surprise me. Even in my myriad OTC negotiations never has a girl asked me that kind of question - she has a number she needs, or she wants me to propose one, and if we agree then great.

SMH. Maybe we should aks guys to compile a list of places where they've heard questions like this so we know whcih tourist traps, er, I mean fine gentlemen's clubs, to avoid. 😁
  • TFP
    2 years ago
    I've been asked this question by 2 dancers in my entire clubbing lifetime and it's extremely annoying. So you expect I'm about to spend all my money on you? Or are you trying to see if I have enough for an overpriced ass hour long VIP?

At least be subtle about it. I don't mind those less prying questions at all. But to just blatantly ask how much you got is an instant turnoff.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Ask that no. But repeatedly insist on looking into my wallet when I take it out, and even grab something from it, YES.

SJG

The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter - 2013 School of Rock AllStars Team 4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we-3Y3vh…
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    rickdugan scares the new chicks off.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    FRMOS draws them in. Right there, straight up.

SJG

• rickdugan
    2 years ago
    ===> "rickdugan scares the new chicks off."

If I'm lucky. Tbh baby strippers tend to annoy me. Most of them won't be around 3 months from now anyway so investing even the minimal energy to remember their stage names or their fake real names is pointless. A girl becomes much more interesting to me after she's been around for a few months or so.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    :) :) :)

SJG
  • georgmicrodong
    2 years ago
    Rarely, but yes, I've been asked that question in some form.

"How much do you have to spend?"

"How much do you have?"

Yeah, I don't talk to them again.

@rickdugan: "Tbh baby strippers tend to annoy me."

I can see that, but I prefer to at least interact with them a little bit, just in case. No, I don't expect to get anything right off (but I've been lucky on more than a few occasions), I just don't like to make them believe I'm never going to be interesting.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Front Room Generosity and Make Out Session, then you invite her to the back room when it is needed. But never buying dances.

SJG

https://tuscl.net/photo.php?id=10286

https://tuscl.net/photo.php?id=2036

• rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    SJG, precisely! Say it one more time for the keyboard kowards in the back. FRMOS! FRMOS!
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    It's a common question but a bad strategy. Kills the fantasy they should be selling
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    One dancer asked what i do for work during the first dance i got with her. She offered her number on her own at the end of the dance. Is there some agenda there? She wants money?
  • 48-Cowboy
    2 years ago
    I always bring in a heard of cattle. I get lots of action for steak
  • From978
    2 years ago
    I've never been asked, but I sometimes provide the answer to open negotiation. On really special occasions, I may even tell the truth.
  • goldmongerATL
    2 years ago
    I get asked what I do for work all the time. I have been asked what I was looking to spend only once. I asked her why she asked and she told me so she knew which hole my dick was going into in VIP. I didn't take her.
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    Goldmonger why didnt you take her? Sounds like a fun time?
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    I generally avoid having to care how good or bad their marketing is by not looking for a side of (generally boring to me) chit-chat with my naughty-time. Within 30 - 60 seconds of hello, I ask for naughty-time, or start signaling them to try elsewhere.
  • MackTruck
    2 years ago
    I bring in my wallet and everything in it. If dat don't work, I dump a load
  • Huntsman
    2 years ago
    I’ve been asked that a couple of times. I didn’t give an answer cause it’s none of her damn business. But I asked “why did you ask that?” Just so I could hear the response.
  • psycho_trick
    2 years ago
    Once had a fun conversation with an ATF about PLs and strippers wearing switchable name tags denoting worth and mileage to save time e.g.,

"Hi Hand Job For $50 VIP Tip"
    "Hello $300 From Me For GFE"

"What's up No Extras?"
    "Not much Keep Moving"
  • alldaylong
    2 years ago
    I never take what a stripper says or asks seriously unless we're negotiating action. Everything else is bullshit and treat it as such. I've been asked a variation of such q, but she did it in a playful way that wasn't off putting. Helps that I gave the correct answer, which is "all of it" w the reply "why, how much have you made? ;)"

• RiskA
    2 years ago
    I’ve heard that question (or some variation) many times over 20+ years. I actually like when they say dumb or character-revealing stuff like that right away, as it speeds the process of deal or no deal. I never answer truthfully, I usually answer flippantly, I occasionally answer like I’m insane (to run them off). F’em if they can’t take a joke.
  • Player11
    2 years ago
    That dancer sounds like disrespectful Old hag ROB. Perhaps she’s drugged out.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion