Student Loans

Wednesday, April 27, 2022 1:03 AM
All 3 of my kids paid about half of their college tuition with student loans. I paid for the other half. I thought it was important for them to have skin in the game. They all graduated in 4 years. They then got jobs knowing they had loans to pay. I told them all to be diligent about paying off their student loans. It’s the responsible thing to do - we pay our debts. Plus it would help your credit rating. The all paid them off in between 6 and 8 years. I really kills me to see this pandering dolt President and his cronies now forgiving student loans - a lot of them incurred by spoiled, lazy people who fucked around in college, didn’t graduate, and then didn’t bother to get a job to pay their loan. It sends a terrible message and is another way this country is sliding down the toilet.

84 comments

There's no "forgiving" student loans. It's offloading them onto the American taxpayer. Somehow, 6 year olds should be allowed to choose their gender, but 18 year olds who entered into binding contracts deserve a mulligan? Get the fuck out. It's a wealth transfer to a rich Democratic constituency.
Tetradon
2 years ago
It's called buying votes. Yes, another example of the rot and motal decay with which the left is destroying our nation.
gammanu95
2 years ago
We never should have gone to this Student Loan System. College should be free. But today many are trapped in perpetual indebtedness, even exempt form the medieval custom of bankruptcy. This is just wrong. SJG
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
Canceling student debt us an economic stimulus. All that money will be spent.
Eltriste
2 years ago
I paid for my childrens college there were ground rules among them were, good grades were expected and a goal was required of them. I think it’s utterly outrageous the cost of college today, and I blame much of that on the student loan programs that give these schools so much fucking money with no restrictions. It’s truly a fucked up system, think about it if you apply for a mortgage the banks do an appraisal as part of the application process, here they just green light what ever the schools want to charge. There’s so much wrong with this stupid system that it would take hours to just outline the problem
twentyfive
2 years ago
No child left behind act fucked everything up. I do feel some of these kids that were fucked over, nobody taught them anything coming out of high school making these stupid decisions about taking out the stupid loans. Canceling all debt cannot be answer though, I agree horrible message, terrible precedent. I like those programs where students pay a percentage of what they make coming out of school. So both the school and student are somewhat invested in what happens after they graduate. Obviously a lot of kinks to work out. But this nonsense where they goverment sponsers and gives tax breaks to schools that keeping pumping out race and gender studies majors has to end. Those very people can't get a job anywhere but the government. So it's sort of turns into vicious cycle. I disagree with Bill Maher on a lot of stuff, but I got to admit he made some good points here [view link]
Muddy
2 years ago
There should be a limit on how much you can borrow. You don't go to Princeton if you can't afford it. If you are borrowing the money, then go to community college at first, get your basics out of the way. Then transfer to a 4 yr STATE school to get a specific degree. I also think some kids should pick trade schools instead of college. Spending $200,000 getting a Sociology degree is stupid. Learning to be a plumber is extremely valuable.
Warrior15
2 years ago
Tetradon knows everything. He/she/ze is a genius.
Dave_Anderson
2 years ago
^ Dave, and you're a conspiracy loving incel whackjob.
Tetradon
2 years ago
Students who plan to attend a university or trade school after graduating high school shoild be required to complete a course in HS (for credit, of course) instructing them in how different loans and grants work. If you cannot pass the course, then you would not qualify for loans or grants. Colleges in turn should provide applicants/students with data regarding income and employment levels for THEIR SPECIFIC grads by major, or risk losing their accreditation and qualification for students with federal or state loans. "Of our Poly Sci majors, 80% work in their field with an average income of $80,000. 57% were accepted into post-graduate programs." "Of our gender studies majors, 2% work in their field, with an average income of $20,000. 4% were accepted into post-graduate programs.: The student must initial to acknowledge and sign to register for that major. It's no different from any other informed consent requirement. There is no benefit whatsoever in using taxes paid by the gainfully employed to pay off those loans. My wife was hopeful that hers would be forgiven. After graduating medical school, she was nearly a half-million in debt. Most physicians pay off their loans for their entire career. I had to point out that she didn't qualify because she earned too much. She did not qualify because she was successful. Because she is gainfully employed, paying taxes, contributing to society, and improving the lives of her patients -she has directly saved lives by her diagnoses and treatment, the democrat party has determined that this Hispanic immigrant, professional female, in a STEM field, will NOT have her student loans forgiven along with some dim-witted puerto rican bartender from NYC. It doesn't make any sense.
gammanu95
2 years ago
I paid for college, law school and grad school with student loans. It was great to have student loans at 7% and 9%, when my car loan was 0.8%. It was wonderful to have to wait until 40 to buy a house, because of 9 years of loans at huge interest. I paid them off. Every cent. The Government pay the young lazy crud who steal money from the taxpayers should encourage everyone to buy a van, 500 pound of amonium nitrate, 200 pounds of nails and fuel oil.
skibum609
2 years ago
Gee Dave_A! Did you duck payment on your student loans?
rockie
2 years ago
I'm not sure what I think about forgiving student loans. I don't really know the social and economic consequences. But remember how in 2008 the big banks acted irresponsibly and the American taxpayer bailed them out at a cost of $700 billion? This was done under President George W. Bush.
jackslash
2 years ago
In the state of Florida college is free thanks to the Florida Bright Futures Scholarship (paid for by the FL Lottery) - if you score high enough on the SAT, and are willing to attend one of Florida’s public universities or colleges. For the last several years, the min requirements to get into UF are higher than the min requirements for the FBF scholarship. So theoretically every In state kid at UF is on a full scholarship. But this is for a large, state university. If you wanted to attend a fancy private institution out of state, then that’s on you or your parents, and shouldn’t be the taxpayers’ responsibility to bail you out.
iknowbetter
2 years ago
And yes, my kids went to college on Florida Bright Futures Scholarships, and they also had fully vested Florida Prepaid college plans. So they had a surplus of funds that got refunded to them every semester that gave them money that they used for rent, food, beer, and things I probably don’t want to know about.
iknowbetter
2 years ago
@jackslash - Your narrative is factually false. TARP was begun in 2008 by the LEFTIST DEMOCRAT CONGRESS. It was expanded when the LEFTIST DEMOCRAT PARTY held a supermajoprity in Congress AND the WHITE HOUSE. The democrat party and Barack Obama owned the big bank bailouts, the resulting anemic economic growth, the massive unemployment, and let's not forget that they bailed out GM and Chrysler. Furthermore, the housing bubble has its roots in affordable housing legislation passed by Jimmy Carter. The legislation was revived and given new traction by Bill Clinton also when the democrats held both houses of congress. Those awful subprime mortgages and layered securities were the only way the banks could make the loans to unqualified borrowers as they were required to by this awful legislation. So really, the democrat party owns it all going back to the 70s!
gammanu95
2 years ago
"fully vested Florida Prepaid college plans". My high school's mock congress actually chose a similar bill, written by me, as the piece of legislation to be sent to our district's congressional rep to be re-written and submitted to the state legislature for debate into an actual law. He reneged on his promise to always submit the bill we sent to him for consideration, and never visited or participated in our mock congress again. Illinois.
gammanu95
2 years ago
Many universities have become indoctrination centers. The faculty probably gives much of their inflated (tenured) salaries to the party pushing for other taxpayers against whom they are waging their ideological war to foot the bill. A clever -- if evil -- money-laundering circle-jerk.
how
2 years ago
It’s a stupid thing for the president to do. Student loan debt is crippling, but Americans have to learn to pay off their debts. They need to learn when they are young, that when you undertake a promise to repay over time (a loan), you keep making payments until you have satisfied your obligation. Sadly, forgiveness sets the wrong precedent. As adults, those folks who have received forgiveness, may struggle to understand the dangers of easy access to credit cards, and they may amass excessive debt. Then, they may seek forgiveness through the use of bankruptcy. That is not a good thing, and it can hurt them for years to come. Sadly, this forgiveness sends the wrong message.
Cashman1234
2 years ago
TL;DR: Fuck you. I will not be glad to carry the water for those who only want to drink the water. It's about the good of the nation and responsible stewardship of our heritage and values. It is a wrong, stupid idea designed to benefit idiots who made poor choices. It will be implemented at the expense of the people who made smart decisions and already pay over 50% of the taxes which fund the government. This is an immoral action specifically designed to buy the votes of people who already make blatantly stupid choices, and will be to the detriment of our nation.
gammanu95
2 years ago
Education should be a basic human right. Along with health care, gainful employment and a living wage, housing.... Imagine all of the money going towards student debt being freed up and being spent. That would be a major stimulus for the economy.
Eltriste
2 years ago
Eltriste it shouldn’t. How is it a right ? So youre allowed to force someone to provide a building and teach you?
rickmacrodong
2 years ago
Education is a right through high school. Nothing wrong with extending that.
Eltriste
2 years ago
I’m trying my utmost not to fully comment on this issue because I’ll end up sounding like my grandpa who “walked 10 miles to school in 20 inches of snow UPHILL both ways” But I will say - gammanu and skibum for the win. Yeah, I’m a whiny boomer, but I paid my own way. No student loans, very little help from my parents. Graduated with zero debt. How did I do it? I worked my ass off in high school to get any scholarship money I could. Went to a state school not an expensive private college. (Some state schools are ranked pretty high) but more importantly I worked my ass off in 115 degree factory jobs in the summer where I earned good money. I wasn’t touring Europe or working an unpaid internship. Fuck the millennials and the Gen XYZ who didn’t do the same
motorhead
2 years ago
Eltriste: The government is not the source of anything. They have nothing to give, but what they steal. Worse, dependence on government is incompatible with liberty.
how
2 years ago
how does it feel to complain from a home you bought that quintupled in price since you bought it? I hope to get there too. Meanwhile loan forgiveness hasn't even happened yet.I sure as shit didn't the memo. Most I heard was Biden pushed the deferment endline to Sept 2022
Estafador
2 years ago
@motorhead did you live on your own or lived with your parents when you worked your ass off through college?
Estafador
2 years ago
In 2016 Bernie Sanders campaigned on Free College. Once he washed out, Hillary CLinton campaigned on Debt Free College, a lesser promise. Makes sense though. Canceling student loan debt would be like Hillary's plan, but retroactive. I read in a Chris Gillebeau book that if you do a stint with AmeriCorp they will pay off most or all of your student loan debt. I think that would be very good for some people. Never should have gone to this student loan system. It cripples many. SJG Gimme Shelter [Rolling Stones Cover] - Britny Lobas at The Roost Austin, Tx [view link]
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
If you are of age, and entered into a legally binding contract, you pay it back. Your fault that you lit that money on fire with a grievance studies degree. There is no "right" to 4 years of partying and slacking off.
Tetradon
2 years ago
Estafador - I lived in a dorm during the semester. Not an expensive apartment or frat house. During the summers I lived at home with my parents so yes, in that sense they did provide free room and food for 3 months. Thank you for letting me clarify. You are right they helped in the summer
motorhead
2 years ago
College education should be a right, even if we have to enact this retroactively. As I know, the people who have big incomes and who are accumulating money are paying back. It is only those who are not getting this that are going into default. So this will be like what Hillary Clinton promoised after Bernie Sanders dropped out in 2016, Debt Free College. And fact is we have a substantial default rate on all sorts of loans. These lenders are precatory. College is one of the best things our society can put money into as we want people to go to college because it makes better citizens. SJG
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
College costs and housing costs have skyrocketed. SJSU has 7000 homeless students. UCLA has its own homeless shelter. The President of a local chamber of commerce told a City Council about how he had to live in his car when he was an SJSU student. SJG
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
Motorhead living at home during summer has nothing to do with nothing. More millennials and gen Z accepted massive student loans, used the money for an off-campus shagpad with friends, and still took an allowance from Mommy and Daddy than not. There used to be a stigma associated with living at home as an adult. Multi-generational households are more common now, but that's not the same as being a lazy unmotivated whiner who thinks you're owed something by those of us who have been successful.
gammanu95
2 years ago
@Estafador, since you did ask, it feels FUCKING AWESOME to own a home that has quintupled in value since I bought it. It feels awesome to know that all the hard work I put into finding the right lot, the right builder, the right neighborhood, applying for the right mortgage, building my excellent credit score has paid off. It feels fucking awesome to go to work in a business that I own and I built, because I am just so smart and I do work so hard. But GammaNu first is not GammaNu alone. I do work to stay ahead, but I also work to bring others with me. I don't have to provide free training, I choose to. I don't have to offer premium health plans and benefits with small employee OOP, I choose to. But I do not cater to the lowest common denominator, my partners and employees must contribute to their fullest and meet their obligations. I expect to see consistent professional and personal growth. So, yeah, it feels fucking awesome to be a successful, white, Anglo-Saxon, Protestant, cisgendered, heterosexual, beef-eating, truck-driving, dog-owning, gun-toting, college educated, guilt-free, conservative, Republican entrepreneur. If you spent less time whining and more time educating yourself and working harder, you may enjoy the same awesome feeling. That's America.
gammanu95
2 years ago
@gamma Yes because it's so easy to own a 2-bedroom 1500 sq ft home for $1M with no help from anyone including family. Because that has always been the American dream. I'm not going to pretend that hard work doesn't pay off because it does. It sure as fuck does and I will do it to get to where I want to go. However the fact that you have to pay $1000000 for a crackerjack 1500 square foot house just to get in the door of owning a home how to start from the bottom of $15 an hour in a Society where cost of rent is on average $1,800 a month and you have no family no friends no government to help your ass, you can't be mad when people complain about Boomers having it easy when College back then was cheap enough to pay doing minimum wage verses today we're that's virtually impossible even for state or city college. I think a lot of you old timers just refuse to keep up with cost of living and cost of goods and services in today's society especially for those starting out from the bottom. And are quick to judge from your high horse while the millennials and gen z are forced to clean up the messes you made. Thank goodness the internet is accessible for most people at least
Estafador
2 years ago
I emailed my Senators and said if there’s forgiveness, then those who paid their Federal student loans in the last 10 years should get them refunded (unlikely) or at least get a dollar for dollar Federal tax credit (do-able)
Studme53
2 years ago
What kind of idiot pays $1,000,000 for 1500sf 2BR? Whose fault is it that you make minimum wage? There are government programs and NGOs available to help if you would stop whining and do some fucking research. I went to a private college on scholarships and student loans, but I kept a strict budget after graduation and paid them off in less than 10 years. THEN, I started partying and buying new toys for myself. I'm (late) Gen X, not a boomer. There is plenty of blame across all generations for how fouled up things are today, pointing the finger at someone whose demographic is different is just stupid and lazy. However, folks like Estafador and AOC who have no solutions but to expect the government to give them everything they ask for because they feel some absurd entitlement is just that - absurd. You want a blueprint for success? Okay, print this out: 1) Quit bitching and take responsibility for yourself. Repeat this mantra every morning and at bedtime: "Nobody owes me anything. Nobody owes me anything. Nobody owes me anything". 2) Figure out where your skills and desires lay, end choose a profession that allows you to use both AND has the income potential to pay off your student loans and purchase the lifestyle you desire. 3) Get a library card and start studying relentlessly in preparation for classes. 4) Reduce all discretionary expenses possible to offset educational expenses. 5) Find a job(s) which can accommodate your class schedule 6) Get the pre-req's out of the way at a community college 7) Find part-time jobs in your field during the last two years of the four-year degree, in a college located where the strongest growth for your career choice is 8) repeat in grad school if applicable; but DON'T go to grad school if not necessary for your career or offers demonstrable income increase 9) After graduating and accepting a starting level employment offer keep your living expenses at 50% of your take home, dedicate 30%-40% your income to a mixture of saving and paying down debts, 10% of your income for discretionary spending (strip-clubbing) Common sense, right? Thank me, I'm welcome.
gammanu95
2 years ago
Thinking about this thread some more, I might be in favor of taxpayer funded free college for anyone wanting to be a K-12 teacher.
iknowbetter
2 years ago
Funny back in the days when we had a draft, there were very few student loans, we did have and I believe we still have some form of the GI Bill, many young people went to college using grant monies from the GI Bill, I do think we should have some sort of publicly funded higher education and it should be tied to public service, our young people need to put forth something for the greater good, and our message to our younger generations should be you need to be useful everything is not supposed to be about you.
twentyfive
2 years ago
Government funded loans are 100% of the cause of student debt.
skibum609
2 years ago
Private loans are a problem as well. The main problem is selling and reselling loan debt to private institutions. At this point most can't probably even trace the original accounts of the debt.
Eltriste
2 years ago
I observe that some people don't know what "rights" are. No right includes government giving anyone anything. Rights don't come from government; the best government can do is not infringe on rights.
how
2 years ago
25, I have read that for those who do a stint with AmeriCorp, they will pay off your student loans, or most of them. I believe that some would set it up like this from the start. Skibum, of course these loans are the problem, we never should have gone to these. College should be free. Gammanu, of course people can educate themselves and I am a big supporter of this. But many still need and greatly benefit from college. Studme53, as I know, the people who are not paying off there loans are those who have not had much income. Those who have good incomes are paying. So in 2016 Bernie Sanders promised Free College. But as he dropped out Hillary Clinton promised Debt Free College. Forgiving the loans amounts to the same thing, just retroactively. We want to facilitate and encourage college. Why Canceling Student Debt Can Save America & Get Out The Vote [view link] SJG The Pretty Reckless - Take Me Down (Official Music Video) [view link] The School of Rock plays Gimme Shelter with Special guest star Orianthi [view link]
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
^ サンノゼクリープ San'nozekurīpu lulz
TheeOSU
2 years ago
Lol !!!
TheeOSU
2 years ago
College shouldn't be free unless it is exam based and a minimum grade required. You are such a lying fuck when you say free. Obviously you don't pay shit in taxes you leech.
skibum609
2 years ago
Skibum, if you pay any income tax, it is only on the money you take in. So it never really was your money in the first place, you leech. Most accredited schools are exam and minimum grade based. SJG The School of Rock plays Gimme Shelter with Special guest star Orianthi [view link]
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
"if you pay any income tax, it is only on the money you take in. So it never really was your money in the first place, you leech." It was never the government's money in the first place, you progressive mental midget.
Tetradon
2 years ago
The government takes in tax money, then do you know what it does with it? This might be hard for you you right wing buffoon. It spends it! The idea is called Keynesianism. Its what keeps our economy going and creates paying employment and profitable business opportunities. Otherwise the money just ends up parked in the real estate and securities bubbles. So when you agree to work for someone or agree to provide professional service to someone you know that the rates you agree to are gross, and that when you receive the funds these will trigger a tax obligation and that what you are left with will only be the net. We are a Constitutional Democracy, and we have bodies that set the tax rates and our highest courts have approved this. SJG The School of Rock plays Gimme Shelter with Special guest star Orianthi [view link]
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
^ We are not a communist system. Private property exists in this country. Deal with it. Keynesian spending has given us what percent inflation again?
Tetradon
2 years ago
No we are not a Communist System, and we do have private property. And we also have taxes, and likely these are far too low right now. Deal with it. What was reckless was the Weimar money printing of Pelosi and Trump, because all that money did was prop up the real estate sector. That is where the money is today. What we needed to do was to make the real estate and securities sectors eat it by going to Universal Basic Income and a Strong Public Housing Offering, triggered on account of the COVID economic collapse. And we would still have private property and not be a communist system. By promoting a hysterical response to COVID, instead of a rational response, the National Leadership of the Democratic Party and governors Andrew Cuomo and Gavin Newsom, were keeping the 2020 political debate from going into Medicare for All, UBI, and Public Housing. They were forcing Biden to be nominated instead of Bernie Sanders. SJG The School of Rock plays Gimme Shelter with Special guest star Orianthi [view link]
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
Anyone in America who wants government providing people stuff is in the wrong country and should leave.
how
2 years ago
And anyone in America who can't see that we have a diminishing employment market due to advanced industrial and information technology needs to go soak their head. SJG The School of Rock plays Gimme Shelter with Special guest star Orianthi [view link]
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
^ I have read that if people do a stint with AmeriCorp they get at least most of the college loans paid off. And also, the GI Bill was the direct result of the Bonus Army, WWI veterans who marched on Washington and demanded their promised "pay equalization". The GI Bill was to make sure vets were taken care of properly right off. PBS Documentary: The March of the Bonus Army [view link] SJG The School of Rock plays Gimme Shelter with Special guest star Orianthi [view link] [view link]
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
^ The GI bill was signed into law on June 22 1944 it expired in 1956 but there have since been legislation created to benefit veterans since then. Google is available to anyone using a computer, don't be like Iceefag and just create non-facts by pulling them out of your ass.
twentyfive
2 years ago
The changing industrial / IT employment landscape is a reality; everything changes, all the time. AND... that has nothing to do with the unchangeable principle that government is not (and should not be) the source nor provider of anything. Dependence on government is incompatible with liberty.
how
2 years ago
25, what I posted is the total truth. Stop being arbitrarily argumentative. how, the government has been what has been keeping our economy going since the great depression. And continuing to run the busy work squirrel cage costs our society far more than it would for: 1. UBI 2. Strong Public Housing 3. Medicare for All 4. Free College and College Debt Forgiveness "We're all Keynesians now." Richard Nixon SJG
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
^ I'm being arbitrarily argumentative , you're ridiculous, google the GI Bill it was signed into law by Franklin Roosevelt, it had no connection to the event's concerning the so called Bonus Army of WWI veterans, I'm not going to waste time debating you, it just makes me feel stupider, for even bothering to engage with you. Go and do your own research
twentyfive
2 years ago
strong social safety nets and profit loss economic sectors save capitalism. You can't have a consumer society when the capitalists rob and oppress people to the point that they can't afford to consume.
Eltriste
2 years ago
THe Bonus Army marched on Washington when Herbert Hoover was President. Hoover and Douglas MacArthur bungling it had something to do with Hoover getting voted out of office. SJG
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
And what Eltriste is saying is right! SJG
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
[view link] coz libertarians be like....
Eltriste
2 years ago
Libertarianism is idiocy. Its just a repackaging of the old Social Darwinism. Libertarians think the non-sense they spew sounds cool. They are just Republicans who want to smoke weed and get laid. SJG
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
^^ does the library have extended summer hours? I need to take my motor home tour this summer and while going through San Jose will need to use it fir a few days while bedding the Deja vu girls in the RV. I will log on and submit reviews!
Mate27
2 years ago
Does one stupid financializer in AZ ever pull his head up out of his ass? SJG
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
^^ so if I say I’m going to go around on a motorhome tour I’m someone with his head up his ass, but when you say it that means your advancing membership into your organization? That’s pretty narcissistic of you , SJG! Where am I suppose to submit my reviews without any Wi-Fi connection? I guess your privacy firewall won’t even share the new public library hours. I can’t do it during the day, because I’ll be recovering from fucking Dejavu girls Toda la noche!!
Mate27
2 years ago
Someone else will be driving Meat, because you'll be tied up on the roof rack, head fully inserted in anus. SJG
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
^^ how does one get to that point if the motirhome tour unless you’ve had experience with that? Did you ever get your your off the ground? I’ve inherited a smaller RV that us east to park in lots, so I bless you’re going to place me on top How else does one get there? Mainly I want to know to avoid this trap, because I’ve got lots of Toda la noche to do in my week long tour of Bay Area clubs. Does Brad’s still offer lap dances to feed money directly to the dancers for their services or so they only take money under the table? Gotta figure out the payment system, kind of like Joe Biden’s forgiveness m, I can forgive my cash to strippers!
Mate27
2 years ago
Can't sit in the seat of an ordinary automobile because his head is permanently up his ass. SJG
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
" And we also have taxes, and likely these are far too low right now. Deal with it." Opinion of a homeless guy who depends on the public library for internet. You're a complete broken record, and not a particularly insightful one.
Tetradon
2 years ago
*** SLAM DUNKED THAT FAGGOT THE San-Khose polzuchesti *** lulz
TheeOSU
2 years ago
Tetradon . Tell us how you get ivy league pussy. That would be a more interesting thread
Eltriste
2 years ago
@Icee, it was online dating. Gold mine if you know how to work it.
Tetradon
2 years ago
Lulz, he doesn't know how to work anything! Even though he's here under at least 3 alias accounts besides his dougster account he's a failure at all of them! But we're still homies right dougie!
TheeOSU
2 years ago
Lmfao! This thread is boomer bait! This brought out all of the out of touch boomers so they can tell us how things are the same as when they went to college. 🤣🤣🤣
48-Cowboy
2 years ago
I don't do online dating. I'd rather pick a girl up at target lulz. I've dated college girls. But ones who liked getting real ratchet
Eltriste
2 years ago
^ sick fuck
twentyfive
2 years ago
The worst part about young men today is that they are about as manly as a woman; it's their incessant jealousy and silly little bitch names like 'cowboy". All Boomers also wanted to be a "cowboy"; then we turned 7.
skibum609
2 years ago
We gave the pay adjustment act (Bonus) to WWI veterans. The total bill was comparable to forgiving college loan debts, even if it also included those that are paid off. Today, those with college loan debts are veterans of the Supply Side Idiocy War. SJG
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
"All Boomers also wanted to be a "cowboy"; then we turned 7." ^ they still wish they could be cowboys
48-Cowboy
2 years ago
The men now are more manly than boomers
48-Cowboy
2 years ago
from "A Nation Deceived" (2004) How Schools Hold Back America's Brightest Students Vol 1 Colangelo, Assoline, Gross pg 43 " The headlines get uglier every year. The cost of college tuition regularly outpaces the annual rate of inflation; it often gallops ahead at two, three, or four times the rate of wages. In 2003-2004, according to The College Board, a year of college at a private institution averaged $19,710, representing a 6% increase. At public institutions, the average annual tab was $4,694 representing a 14.1% increase. That's a lot more than the standard 3-4% growth in wages. " Less and less students from lower-income families, and many from middle income level end up burdened with hefty loans, and parents are often forced to take out second mortgages to meet the cost of tuition. SJG The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter - 2013 School of Rock AllStars Team 4 [view link] Pleaser 10", strapped on, 4 colors [view link]
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
"The cost of college tuition regularly outpaces the annual rate of inflation; it often gallops ahead at two, three, or four times the rate of wages." That's what happens if you subsidize it as much as we have and completely take away the price signal.
Tetradon
2 years ago
Personally I agree that the student loan system is a big part of the out of control cost hikes. But this is mostly for private schools. With the public schools it is also because the public funding keeps getting squeezed. So the effect is that only the rich can go to college, and this should not be. SJG The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter - 2013 School of Rock AllStars Team 4 [view link] Pleaser 10", strapped on, 4 colors [view link]
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion