tuscl

OT: Things white people do

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Monday, April 18, 2022 4:38 AM
Didn't know this was a thing - at least for me it seems as if something that's kinda dangerous and for me def scary that I'd likely wold not try since I'm not a big-fan of heights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kwVNKqh…

36 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
  • drewcareypnw
    2 years ago
    @papi: you may enjoy this: https://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/ …it’s biting but surprisingly accurate.
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    The Mexican version is you drink a 12-pack of Modelo in under a half an hour, then drive across Florida in a pickup with brake pads worn thinner than a sheet of paper.
  • bluejacketsguy
    2 years ago
    I'm just wondering why you say things white people do? I mean what does white have to do with that video specifically? If your response is as an x I wouldn't do it, is that true of all x? Why does race even come into the context of this video?
  • rickthelion
    2 years ago
    Papi Ape, this is why orangutans are so much cooler than hairless apes. If an orangutan was doing that shit all you ground-bound apes would be all “ooo look there’s an orangutan flying on a motorized parachute” and you wouldn’t think “why isn’t he scared of heights?” because orangutans ain’t scared of heights.

I can tell you that an orangutan flying a paraglided over Florida would be way funnier too. Did that guy take a shit on any cars? Nooooo…

Lemme tell you something: orangutans are crazy bastards. Two minutes into that flight and you would have seen some redneck hairless ape in a pickup truck drivin’ along all fat, dumb, and happy because he’s a frickin’ redneck and then BAM! BAM! BAM! a flying orangutan nails him with feces.

That’s some frickin’ comedy gold right there! ROAR!!!
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    My chief concern with cross country para-sailing is the large amount of small, private aircraft criss crossing central Florida. At 2,000ft, do you need to file some kind of flight report? I might stick closer to water, but otherwise it looks fun.

That website, stuffwhitepeoplelike, has no resonance for me. I am aware that I am tragically unhip and have always eschewed pop culture. I read from #138 to #123, and camping was the only thing I identified with. I never watched any of those shows or wore any of those clothes.

Ilb and Ohio guy seem triggered. To my knowledge, papi is Cuban (not Mexican) and identifies as white or Caucasian, as many Cubans are. Do WASPs have a monopoly on expensive and angerous hobbies? No, just a controlling interest.

Now, hold my beer, and watch this.
  • Studme53
    2 years ago
    If a relative of yours died immediately after saying,
    “Hey y’all - watch this!” You’re probably a redneck.
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    This looks very cool in the videos. But, I’m guessing it’s not as serene when actually flying.

As far as crazy shit white folks do, I’d say this is pretty reasonable. There is no shortage of stupidity.
  • Goodclubrep
    2 years ago
    I've flown a similar craft, sort of a go-kart with a parachute attached. It's really slow and the wind can be a problem but it's really stable and a lot of fun.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Things I've noticed white people doing...

Act black
    Drink mountain dew
    Enjoy white privilege
    Love sales gimmicks
    Red neck stereotypes

• TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    ^

iceydougster my homie, that's the same shit you do especially the acting black game when you first started posting with your new alias.

https://tuscl.net/member.php?id=624633
  • drewcareypnw
    2 years ago
    Scarves
    They might be giants
    Bangs
    NPR
    Pumpkin spice
    Being an expert on someone else’s culture
    Farmers markets
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    I haven't worn scarves since I left Chicago.

Not into that band.

I have hair, but I only let it range within an inch, and never more than two inches. I don't know if that means I have bags?

Never listen to NPR, or any other state-run media for that matter.

I have never tried pumpkin spice. I don't like pumpkin pie. Toasted pumpkin seeds are all right.

I am only an expert in any culture when identifying as that culture for the purposes of discussing said culture. Therefore, when discussing any culture, it is my culture and not someone else's culture.

I don't like salmonella, e. coli, hepatitis, et al, and passon farmer's markets.

Thanks for playing, better luck next time.
  • drewcareypnw
    2 years ago
    @Gamma: somehow you got the idea that I'm talking to you. I'm not. I'm making a silly joke about basic things that some white people do.
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    You missed my point, drew. What you listed are things which some separate groups of white people do, but do not reach the level of gwneralization. You made generalizations about hipsters, girls ,women, yuppies, and liberals. Altogether o ly Bout 50% of the population. I could countet with N equally incorrect statistical sampling of crocs, Adele, oakleys, Tucker Carlson, barbecue, crossing the street to avoid blacks and latinos, and electric cars. How accurate is that?
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Gammanu the thread is a joke. And most people grow out of concrete thinking in very early childhood. Stop the angry white man stereotype lulz
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Might think about stopping before we get into things Black people do.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    I'm actually surprised that this thread hasn't gone more wrong.

That's not a challenge.
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    The problem is if you put any other race and titled it things X race does, you would be in big trouble, even if you said its a joke, as icey claims. Icey your post is nonsense, if somebody made a list like yours and said X race is into eating fried chicken you would be going crazy
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ Iceefag should choke on a chicken bone
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    Things strippers do:
    1) take off their clothes
    2) pole dance
    3) wear weird shoes
    4) disappear into the dressing room for 90 minutes
    5) hang out with regulars who seem to barely spend a dime on them
    6) ask custies to buy them $22 bottles of water
    7) all wear the same perfume

Things PLs do:

1) wear jeans and corduroys
    2) get lap dances but forget to shower and shave
    3) push the limits on mileage and roaming hands
    4) bitch about having to tip the bathroom trolls
    5) wonder if we can get a lap dance from the [female] bartender
    6) only stage tip when we want a visit later
    7) use TUSCL to figure out what to wear for optimal LDK chances

• Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Gammanu is butthurt by this thread....
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    Take Calculus / STEM classes

• drewcareypnw
    2 years ago
    @gamma: now you're getting into the spirit of it! Your list is very funny!
  • MackTruck
    2 years ago
    Eat da eggs and bacon!
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    Gammanu95 - that is a pretty good list!
  • NinaBambina
    2 years ago
    -drink craft beer
    -high-five each other all the time
    -refuse to season their food
    -wear shorts when it's snowing outside
    -kiss their dogs on the mouth
    -believe Jesus was white
    -travel the globe as a missionary
    -burn in the sun
    -yell "Kobe!" when they throw something in the trash
    -love the song "Don't Stop Believin'"
    -add mayo and raisins to everything
    -show up on time
    -eat quinoa
    -go to farmer's markets
    -wear UGGs in any weather
    -eat their placentas after giving birth
  • drewcareypnw
    2 years ago
    @nina: pretty much nailed it ! Hahahahahaha
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Except for farmers markets and shorts in snow, it's more descriptive of white liberals, not white people.
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    White folks yell Kobe? That’s some outdated shit right there!
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    I do two of the items on Nina’s list - and I’m so pasty white I could be a spokesman for paper…
  • Studme53
    2 years ago
    Well I guess I’m pretty white. I think Jesus looked like today’s Iraqi jews, who are Caucasian, but not European looking.

But maybe not. I can’t stand golf, but a lot of really, really white people love it - and 0.00001% of black people do.

Ironically, the whiter you are, the more you root for Tiger Woods. Go figure. My brother’s a tubby, very white guy who tucks his polo shirt onto his belted short pants and loves Tiger like no one else.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    What White People do is act really stupid and blame their own shortcomings on Immigrants and Minorities, and on the Government.

SJG

X
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LInxU2dW…
  • drewcareypnw
    2 years ago
    @sjg: we do. but to be fair, every country I've ever spent time in does the same thing wrt to immigrants and minorities, regardless of locale skin tone. also the gingers catch a lot of hell in one place, but I think that's a one off.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    White people in the US say things that you would have to be white to say, and they act like jerks in ways that only a white person could.

This is why in the South West I will be only dealing with Latinos, and in the South East I will be only dealing with Blacks.

The United States is not an ethnicity, it is a political project.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion