tuscl

Nicest most upscale strip clubs vs. the most ghetto strip clubs

TheEckster
Wanna go clubbing?
What strip clubs in the U.S. do you think are the most nice & upscale and what ones do you think are the most ghetto?

40 comments

• Tetradon
    3 years ago
    You mean by city or actual clubs?

I don't know about "nicest," I don't frequent those, but anything in Bridgeport, CT is ghetto AF.
  • TheEckster
    3 years ago
    Actual clubs
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    I don't frequent "classy" clubs (contradiction in terms), but Pleasant Moments Cafe Bridgeport might be the most ghetto.

Several times I've seen fights break out. Extras factory for under $100. Probably pimped girls who don't speak English.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Tetraplop pretends to be so uppity but trolls hoods for cheap hoes.... that's pretty creepy

I really like treasures in Vegas. It's as classy as a club can get.

Most ghetto club I like... platinum I'm la

• Tetradon
    3 years ago
    ^ You're obsessed with me. Give it up, Icee, I like women.

I mentioned it _because_ I wouldn't go back.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    I agree with Tetradon. Bridgeport is rough on a different level.

The clubs near Newark NJ can be ghetto. Some are in very rough areas - and unaware customers can get into trouble very easily. I said near Newark - as Newark clubs are known to be crappy - but Irvington has some fun clubs - but it’s an easy place to get shot. Elizabeth is near Newark, and that area is safer and it can be ok for clubs.
  • jackslash
    3 years ago
    Flight Club is the most upscale in the Detroit area. Club Venus is the roughest I've ever been in, but there are probably worse ones.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Strictly from the standpoint of the physical club ( I.e, the building ), I can’t remember a better club than Platinum Plus in Phoenix.
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    @Tetradon: I agree about Bport but as bad as so.e of those clubs are Harry O's in Stamford makes those joints look positively upscale.

On the upscale side, the Lodge in Dallas hands down.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    @rick, never been to Harry O's. Eventually I got too grossed out by the BPT clubs, and seeing a van (probably driven by a pimp) drop off a bunch of girls I had an attack of conscience. Desire is more my level of sleaze now.

I should note by "ghetto" I mean "seedy and downmarket" not "black."
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    From reading reviews seems most Men's Clubs, e.g. Men's Club of Dallas, Men's Club of Houston, etc, are usually pretty-upscale but often expensive with often hit or miss mileage.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Over the years the clubs in my area have been in flux, a few of the nicer clubs, more upscale as you call them, seem to have the most trouble getting a steady group of girls, Nices in Pompano is Solid gold, but it started off great and now it seems to be having problems getting traction, Booby Trap in Pompano also started out as a nice club after the remodel finally finished, but it has turned into a party club, My guess is the Pompano Cheetah is the best balance between a dive and an upscale club.
    It's really a weird time to be a monger.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    For upscale, I like Dean's Gold in North Miami. Solid Gold in Pompano, FL, Men's Club in Houston, Flight Club in Detroit, Spearmint Rhino in Las Vegas, Penthouse Club in Tampa.
  • wallanon
    3 years ago
    Most ghetto? That's not one I usually think about. Lots of places are ghetto. Yesterday I put in a DM that in olden days in DC Club 1919 was hood and Ebony Inn was ghetto. But not the most ghetto by any stretch. Studio 2000 in the sticks in Southern Maryland was pretty ghetto. Was a BYOB mechanic's garage with a makeshift main stage, a boom box, and cheapo school surplus chairs. But it's also not the most ghetto. I'll have to peel back the mental blocks to get to the real winner there.

But no contest the nastiest club I can think of was Cheaters in Providence in its heyday. That VIP room smelled so rancid I felt like I needed a shot a penicillin just breathing in the air. It was disgusting, but I still went there lol.
  • herbtcat
    3 years ago
    I would never spend money in a club that would accept me as a patron. Even a pathetic loser has standards. :p
  • Omega_Entertainment
    3 years ago
    E11even in Miami cost 40 million and Sapphire in Vegas nearly the same cost for Upscale

The Mint in Miami has a sign on the door when you enter everything you can eat for under a dollar with a dollar bill hanging near the ceiling or Lipstix in Dallas for the most Ghetto
  • tin man
    3 years ago
    You are always going to have the most fun in hood strip clubs. The upscale clubs are more like night clubs than actual strip clubs.
  • docsavage
    3 years ago
    The most ghetto club here in Indianapolis is Pure Passion. It has the lowest number of reviews here of Indianapolis clubs that have been around for a while.

I went there one time to see what it was like. It was crowded but I was the only white person in the club. The security guy came over and stood by my table the whole time I was there and I felt like he was protecting me from being attacked. A couple weeks later I told a black dancer at a better club I went there. She stared at me in surprise, laughed and said "you are so crazy".
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    ===> "But no contest the nastiest club I can think of was Cheaters in Providence in its heyday.'

All due respect man, but Cheaters was an upscale paradise compared to the clubs that Tetradon referenced in Bridgeport CT and even more so when compared to Harry O's. You don't go into those places, especially at night, if you don't look like you can take care of yourself. Back about a decade ago I really enjoyed those skeevy shitholes but I'm getting to an age now where a BJ from a Latina who can't speak English or a hood rat just isn't worth visiting a club like that.
  • rockie
    3 years ago
    Scrub: It's because you are an incessant douchebag! So you got that going for you!
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Pleasant Moments is was far more downscale than cheaters. You didn't pay a crackhead to watch your car at cheaters. Scores is upscale.
  • wallanon
    3 years ago
    Disgusting and downscale are different things. I didn't have time to think through all the horrible clubs I've seen, so I just saved that for another time.

Dangerous and downscale are related but still different things. One of my favorite clubs people kept getting beaten or shot at so it eventually was put out of business. And it was ghetto, but for a ghetto club it was still ok and had a sensible design. Just imagine good ideas being done at the lowest possible cost.

That's how I looked at Cheaters. I didn't say Cheaters was ghetto. I said it was disgusting because the VIP room smelled like pussy that had been smoking in the same clothes for a week while binging on junk food. Things that other clubs, even ghetto clubs, would maybe clean in the booths they didn't bother. It's like the "loophole" in the law gave them enough plot armor to just shrug it all off.
  • crosscheck
    3 years ago
    I've never been to any of the Bridgeport clubs, but to see multiple posters say that Cheaters was upscale by comparison...I'm having a hard time computing that. I'm trying to imagine, but my mind just doesn't want to go there.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    I know I wrote about this once before, years ago, but can't find it now.

This was in the late 80’s. I worked at a metalworking company in Hunts Point (South Bronx) which at that time was a cesspool of drugs, prostitution, all sorts of uncontrolled crime, and some particularly nasty strip joints.

The whole crew was working late one night, so at the shop until maybe 8PM. Some of the guys said they’re going to "The Goat Bar" and invited me to tag along. The only way I could have gone there was as part of this group because a clean-cut white kid from NJ would have been severely out of place.

The Goat Bar was a strip club on Hunts Point Avenue. As the story goes, the name of the place was because they used to have "goat shows" where the women would suck off a real goat on the stage, and sometimes even get fucked by the goat. Nothing like that happened while I was there. I didn’t see any animals in the place unless you count the dancers and a few of the customers.

When we entered the first thing I saw was a naked woman giving a blowjob at the bar. She wasn't sexy or hot in any way. She was a crackhead that looked like something out of a horror show. The hookers out on the street were better looking than any of the “dancers” in this place. Regardless, I saw a couple of them spread-eagle on the bar with men going down on them like it was the last pussy they would ever see. I ordered a beer and sat down to watch the freakshow. The bartender, who was a huge dude and looked half-crazy, made a point of not opening the bottle until I was watching him. Apparently that was to assure me it wasn’t tainted in some way.

Two sips into my beer and I've got a naked stripper/hooker/crackhead standing on the bar in front of me. She squats down and inserts my longneck beer bottle right up into her pussy. Then she stands and tells me I should take it back, and sort of played a game. When I reached for it, she’d move so I couldn’t grab it. The guys around me were all cheering, so for their entertainment I put an arm around the girl, grabbed the bottle and kind of fucked her with it a few times before pulling it out. A guy near me is yelling something I couldn’t hear over the music, but from his hand motions I understood he wanted me to drink it. I handed him the beer and told him to go for it. Before he took a drink, he licked the outside of the bottle like it was a fucking lollipop. No concern about possible Syphilis from that nasty vagina.

Meanwhile, the guy getting sucked off must have finished in the other whore's mouth because she was now standing up and wiping her face with a napkin. I remember feeling surprised that they even had any napkins in this place. Not two minutes later, I saw the same "dancer" doing a full-on DFK with another guy. She didn't even go rinse her mouth. Damn, that dude either didn’t know, or didn't care, that he might as well have sucked the other guy’s dick himself.

Then the bartender comes around and says he's collecting for the show. Everybody was chipping in so I gave a few bucks. I’m thinking okay now they’re gonna bring out the goat! But the "show" was three naked whores making out, scissoring, dildo fucking and eating pussy. Then they pissed all over each other. Finally they walked around for tips, and I saw a couple guys sucking their tits, which looked more like deflated balloons than breasts. On the upside, while they were making the rounds, a guy came out to mop up the stage, which was probably more to prevent falls than for any sanitary reason.

I drank about 2 or 3 beers, and then hit the road. This place was too crazy, even for a sicko like me. I wish I could report on the condition of the bathroom, but I was afraid to even ask where it was. Instead, I took a leak right on the sidewalk next to the front door, got in my car and left.

That was the first and last time I ever went there.
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    Not as bad as misterorange's experience but worth telling. Back in the early 20's Pleasers on Bluff road in Columbia SC. Out in the middle of nowhere. dirt parking lot with run down building. I was a novice at the time and went in. 5 or 6 black girls sitting at the bar asked if I wanted dances while I was getting my drink. I passed, took my drink and went over to a table 10 feet from the stage to watch the show and check out the place. I was the only white person out of 6 or 7 customers.

On stage was a 300lb black chick covered in tats and piercings with gold and missing teeth. There were 2 guys sitting at the bar and they were stuffing dollar bills into her pussy. I gulped down my drink and headed for the door. The manager yelled at me "where you going? I know you are here for the girls". I kept walking.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    I’m surprised nobody mentioned the dive clubs around east St Louis as far as ghetto clubs. That’s a place where it’s considered always have a full tank of gas when over there and the clubs described seems full of street walkers in looks and pricing. Judging how Bridgeport is described though, may be similar tho. Doesn’t sound like a very walkable area lol.

Upscale I’d probably say the high end clubs Manhattan or Vegas. Mostly because of their prestige more than anything else. Miami and Atlanta too.
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    ===> "I've never been to any of the Bridgeport clubs, but to see multiple posters say that Cheaters was upscale by comparison..."

Cheaters WAS upscale by comparison. With the exceptions of Ruby, Mystique and Scruples, going into a Bport club is like entering a third world country. But again the worst shithole I've ever clubbed in that is still open is Harry O's in Stamford.

At least in most of the Bport clubs there is a little privacy when you do the deed. In HO's it's a small partitioned area with a circle of metal folding chairs. The bathroom is often so filthy that it's better NOT to wash your hands or touch anything in there at all. The overweight Dominicans who dance there often struggle to converse in English but that's OK since a lot of their customers are Spanish speakers too. What passes for a parking lot is so tiny that they constantly have to call people to move their cars to let someone else out. I could go on...
  • wallanon
    3 years ago
    "Back in the early 20's Pleasers on Bluff road in Columbia SC. Out in the middle of nowhere. dirt parking lot with run down building."

I've been there. Don't remember if I reviewed the club but it was pretty awful.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    I’m just not into the dives at all. You know what your getting, it’s not gonna be 9’s and 10’s. Mileage is probably sky high. Possible 2amer bullshit drama. Once you’ve been to a few you’ve been to them all.

I’ll take the low mileage upscale club over that anytime.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    In the SouthWest I will only deal with Latinos, and in the SouthEast I will only deal with blacks.
  • blahblahblah23
    3 years ago
    ^I don't believe there's a single low mileage upscale club left lol.
  • blahblahblah23
    3 years ago
    There's like some ultra low or no mileage dives or mid scale clubs in weird little towns like in oregon and I believe montana maybe wyoming and I think smaller areas of cali. "Upscale" clubs tho in bigger places are a joke. They let way too much shit go on they don't give a fuck. One hand greases the next palm etc.

What I think u boys are bitching about is lack of ultra cheap mileage or lack of ultra cheap prostitutes in upscale clubs maybe? But trust me u can get anything u want anywhere if u got money for it. There are loose girls with loose morals everywhere. Some won't do shit for 10s of $1000s with anyone. Some won't do shit with u cuz they don't like u for whatever reason. Some will do shit with most if the money is right. Actually from what I have seen MOST will. Lol!
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    They can be high mileage, but you have shelled out lots of money before you even get to that point because they are set up to try and discourage front room makeout sessions.

SJG
  • FLAP3000
    3 years ago
    I haven't clubbed in a lot of cities, mostly Chicago, Atlanta, E. St. Louis, Gary, IN, Miami, and now Seattle. But so far, the most upscale would have to be Oceans in Bedford Park, IL. Place is beautiful with a moat in the middle. A bunch of rap videos shot there. As far as ghetto, well there are some rough spots in Gary, Temptations comes to mind. The old Foxy Lady/Office in Atlanta was rough too. Bathroom filthy, vip room just a long raggedy wooden bench w/ no cushion, hot as hell inside, etc. But damn the fun you could have in there.....
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Seen pictures of when they were building the interior of Oceans.

Best are the places which just have couches in darkened corners for finishing what was started in the Front Room Make Out Sessions.

SJG
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    At my PL-peak when I was clubbing-regularly I mostly hit black-dives so for me those clubs were “kinda my norm” and at the moment I can’t think of one that particularly stands out as more ghetto than most of the clubs I was hitting at that time.

I guess Mint Lounge down in Miami qualifies as ghetto – it’s the size of a shoebox – no seating other than at the one bar – a couple of years ago one of the longtime bouncers was shot-to-death after throwing-out some trouble-makers; but there have been other shooting-incidents over-the-years – one time, maybe about 8-years-ago, I was walking into the club I saw a wanted-poster of some dude the police were looking for (perhaps he was from the area or frequented the club?) – there was also a period of time that you’d walk in the club and half the club was lighting-up blunts although it wasn’t a common-occurrence (seems more like something that happened for a just a stretch of time).

Another club that was kinda ghetto but more like odd in a country-way, is Tru-Playas in Midway, GA – it’s a small-town that seems to be dominated by a nearby Army-base – the club is only open on Fridays and Saturdays and it’s more of an after-hours-place (doesn’t get up to speed till past 2am) – the “club” seems to be in abandoned-farm w/ not much else around – it’s about a 1/4-mile away from a country-road down a trail – the “club” seems to be in a converted old-farmhouse – the “bar” I think only had beer and wine and the waitress got-it from a refrigerator like one would have at home – it was an AA club and one wasn’t allowed in the area where the dancers were unless one had $1s (yeap, even if you had $500 in $20s, you could not enter the dance/stage area unless you had $1s on you which you got from the bartender) – it was more country than ghetto and the people seemed pretty-down-to-earth but it was a pretty-odd-club.
  • alphapol
    3 years ago
    It’s kind of a hazy memory at this point, but I remember being really impressed by the Atlantis Gentleman’s Club near Chicago. It is a visually striking structure that looks like a white marble palace (akin to Caesar’s Palace in LV), but it’s in the middle of nowhere by the Indiana border so it really sticks out as you drive up to it.
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    Sleaziest club I've been in: https://tuscl.net/listing.php?id=3643 . Only one I've seen where the standard way to stage tip was to slam single on the dancers crotch.

Most clubs that are called upscale, I have no use for. They seem to cater to people who are primarily into conspicuous consumption. Rather than to homely guys seeking the endorphin release that a hot young woman can provide.

My idea of upscale are the downtown clubs in Toronto (Zanzibar, Rail). They are well maintained, low overhead for PLs, and from what the dancers told me, low overhead for them too. Somehow they can pay downtown Toronto rents without having to gouge anybody.
  • felipe609
    3 years ago
    People did not seem to like my description of Sunrise in Paterson (NJ) as upscale. That said, some less-than-upscale clubs I've been to include almost any club in Irvington (NJ) and several in Paterson. To me, what often makes a club sleazy are: it smells; there are flies; there are stains on the furniture. Having recent shootings or other violent crime is an added bonus. All that said, while I am not a regular patron of Bridgeport bars, the ones I've been to are dive bars, but are not overly sleazy in their ambience.

Upscale bars tend to have doormen, a cover charge, somebody in the bathroom asking for tips to give you toilet paper, expensive drinks, lots of velvet seating. The most upscale clubs I've been to in the US are in Manhattan
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Talking about Jersey, I guess Vic’s in Irvington would qualify as ghetto – it’s kinda in the hood and the club closes at 8pm everyday so that may be an indication of the neighborhood.

I visited Vic’s once from out-of-town back in the Fall of 2016 – this is the kinda place that pre-Covid girls would fuck-you right at your barstool for $40 or $50 (I paid b/w $100 and $120 was told by some readers I was overpaying and messing-up the prices).

I visited Vic’s 2x on my 2016-trip – once on a late Fr afternoon – and the next day (Saturday) a bit earlier in the afternoon – Vic’s is a hole-in-the-wall with seartng only around the bar which at the time was the only place to get dances (no VIP rooms at that time).

On my late Fr afternoon visit the place was pretty-full and I ended-up having to sit near the entrance where there was a lot of foot-traffic plus right-behind-me is where the bouncer sat. I was getting some good-mileage $10 barside dances from a curvy light-brown-skinned-ebony and after a song or two she nonchalantly turns around as she’s grinding-on-me and asks me “you wanna fuck?” – since the bar was packed and I was sitting in about the least-private seat at the bar, I told her it was too-busy where we were sitting – she again nonchalantly tells me “we can just go over to the pool-table” – the pool-table was at the end of the bar and pretty-much in view of the whole club – one side of the pool-table faced the bar and the other-side the back-wall of the club so I assume people just stood against the pool-table on the side facing-the-back-wall and did their thing – if was my first time there so I was not comfortable doing that w/ the club that busy but I did get w/ her the next day (Saturday) since I went earlier and the club was much slower and we did our thing barside (along w/ two other ebonies after her including doing one twice on that Saturday) – chicks in that club didn’t play LOL.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion