tuscl

Want To Feel Old Today?

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
The original Shaft and Superfly movies are 50 years old in 2022

8 Mile, the movie about Eminem’s life story is freaking 20 years old now! I still haven’t seen it and always said “I’ll get around to it,” and it’s been 20 years!

I’m other news San Jose Guys goat “Billy” turns 5 next month and next week marks 6 years since Subraman has had sex with a female.

29 comments

• san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    I love the original Shaft and Superfly movies. I've watched them any times and I love the music too.

SJG
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Senile troll
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    ^^^^ I’m actually one of the younger members on here douche
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    In your early 70s?
  • Uprightcitizen
    3 years ago
    Shay you would like M&M's hot mom
  • Uprightcitizen
    3 years ago
    lol @ spellcheck...Eminem
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Yeah - it's amazing how time flies as one gets older - the year 2000 doesn't feel like it was 20 years ago but it is
  • whodey
    3 years ago
    Actually Papi the year 2000 was 20 years ago when the pandemic started, now it was 22 years ago. I know time blended together during the pandemic but the years still technically count. LOL
  • docsavage
    3 years ago
    The success of those two movies set off a whole wave of seventies blaxploitation movies. I went one time to see one of them, "Hot Potato", at the Uptown theater here in Indianapolis with a friend and we were the only two white people in the theater. Everyone stared at us when we walked in but left us alone. Eddie Murphy recently starred in a comedy, "Dolemite is My Name", about the making of a blaxploitation movie where one of the scenes in the movie takes place in this exact same Indianapolis theater.
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    ^^^ that’s cool and for anyone that didn’t see Dolemite is my name - check it out. It’s one of those feel good vibe type of movies.

Icee should you be busy fabricating some more stories like you usually do, or is it a busy night tonight working at Burger King, all those onion ring and French fry orders coming in keeping you busy with the shalt shaker.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    As long as I'm young enough to hope I may still have more future than past, I'll take it.
  • ATACdawg
    3 years ago
    Sometimes I remember watching my favorite shows on our family's vacuum tube radio....📻😏
  • KhiryAddicus
    3 years ago
    I feel old thinking it'd be cool to get one of the Arcade1Up game cabinets then realizing today's games are nothing like them and young people would have no interest playing
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    I already knew I was old.

After seeing Eminem on the Super Bowl half time show, I realized he’s old too! So is Dr Dre and Snoop. MJB is starting to show some wear and tear.
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    Yeah dead giveaway for Eminem is you can tell he’s dying his beard and hair. At least he’s not putting black talcum powder in his hair like LeBron. I know a lot of guys that do that shit.
  • 48-Cowboy
    3 years ago
    Omg! This is what makes me feel old. The Fairly OddParents https://g.co/kgs/xdAujB

^ this show has already been done for 5 years! 5 years is so long
  • datinman
    3 years ago
    The oldest millennials turn 41 this year. Millennials potentially as grandparents.

48-Cowboy - quit watching Nickelodeon and go to work so you can fund my future social security and medicare.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    Yeah these just fly by don’t they. A decade is not a ton of time.
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    Shush Muddy I only have 2 decades left before I’m jackslash’s age and that’s too soon.
  • rattdog
    3 years ago
    britney spears is approaching 40 real soon. didn't seem that long ago when she was on that cover of rolling stone magazine.

this old dude i used to hang with at the clubs bought that issue as soon as it cam out. knowing him he probably jizzed all over the cover as soon as he got home.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    About the making of Superfly, real good!

Superfly [1972] Documentary - One Last Deal
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJEC-lJh…

ISAAC HAYES - SHAFT Live at Montreux
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIFxuzOB…

SJG
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    Shailynn - that’s what I thought when I saw Eminem’s look too!

He might be a Just For Men hair color spokesman soon.

Maybe he can get a spot on that testosterone pill commercial with Frank Thomas and Doug Flutie?
  • mike710
    3 years ago
    Maybe getting old but still enjoy the theme songs from Superfly and Shaft. Curtis Mayfield and Isaac Hayes were bad ass!

https://youtu.be/rwtTsVOJfhc

https://youtu.be/Q429AOpL_ds

• misterorange
    3 years ago
    How about this one: Debbie Harry is 76.
  • ElDuderino_AZ
    3 years ago
    Datinman --- NO! Oldest millennials are not turning 41 this year. The youngest of gen-x turns 41 this year*

*From someone who turned 41 a couple weeks ago and hates the websites that say millennials started in 81.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    misterorange - wow! Blonde is getting old!

And Keith Richards is 78 and still alive!
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Getting old is way better than the alternative.
  • CandymanOfProvidence
    3 years ago
    Getting young enough to not avoid soiling oneself?
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    I am old enough to remember when athletes used to have second jobs after the season ended to make ends meet.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion