tuscl

First Time to TJ

Saturday, February 12, 2022 12:49 AM
Probably been asked before, but wanted to see how stupid (or good) of an idea it would be to go to HKs by myself for the first time. Never been to TJ so don’t really know what kind of trouble I’d be getting in. Likely would go during the daytime and return same day. Since, I’m a bit paranoid was also planning on taking VIPshuttle from boarder.

19 comments

• TJ Walker
    2 years ago
    It's the best experience, to explore the wonderland by yourself first, stay safe inside and a quick walk to the adjacent clubs only.
  • Greanbeans
    2 years ago
    I go solo most of the time. Many of the guys i know are also solo riders. Stick to HK for first time, especially since you not staying overnight. I agree for you to take shuttle. Don’t forget to tip a few bucks to driver.
  • SanchoRG
    2 years ago
    You'll be fine
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    Dude - you're not going into fucking Afghanistan
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    I would not be surprised if 90% if not more of the guys on TUSCL that have gone to TJ went alone their first time.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    TJ article for newbies - a little-dated but most of it probably still applies: [view link]
  • PutaTester
    2 years ago
    Went alone my first time during the day.. Now I go alone for days. No issues.
  • CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    @RRR176 I will play along and comment on your discussion. You have been to a strip club in Anaheim California according to your review. So you practically been in Tijuana, if you live in Mexifornia, there is a 50% chance you are of Mexican descent or at least you have interacted with Mexicans, who are becoming the majority. If you haven’t, you have bad a way to sheltered life. So traveling to Baja California, the state where Tijuana is located should be no problem. You won’t gent into any kind of trouble if you don’t go looking for it or act like a ugly American. Always remember: “People greet you according to the way you dress and say goodbay according to the way you behave" So dress like a middle class clean cut gentleman and behave like a gentleman visiting a friendly neighboring country, and people will treat like a gentleman. Use common sense, don’t go into places you know are dangerous, listen to your gut instinct/spider 🕷 sense. Thousands if no millions of people travel alone to visit the Happiest Place on Earth (according to Krusty) [view link] And only a small amount have a bad experience. In any case think of your first visit as a “recon” (the exploration of an area to gain information) expedition And just be open to the possibilities. Don’t drink or do Drugs of any kind, don’t bring drugs or weapons on anything illegal. Just be street smart/aware and you will be fine. Don’t go to write an article about your experience. Before the pandemic it was easy to go to Mexico, the problem is always been coming back into the USA, if you don’t look American (white) it requires passport, Green card, visa etc, etc, etc. “It's Easier to Get Into Mexico Than Costco” ~ Jimmy O. Yang [view link] :D Just enjoy your first time always use protecting and be careful out there.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    If TJ was so dangerous then HK wouldn't be the #! club on TUSCL: [view link]
  • Greanbeans
    2 years ago
    Agree somewhat. TJ is dangerous, lets get that outta the way. The area where HK is, that block, is heavily patrolled. Its a big money maker, so they gonna patrol and secure it. Still need to keep your wits about you. Even inside HK, i never leave my drink unattended. Never have all my $ with me. Its spread out. Just make good choices, be respectful and enjoy!!
  • Metalmx
    2 years ago
    You'll be fine. Take the free shuttle to HK when you get across the border and tip the driver. It's worry-free and easy. I've taken it to the border and back and zero issues and nice guys driving. check out HK's social media and they literally walk you through it. Enjoy. It's a great time. If you don't want to be bothered by waiters all the time, sit by the stage and tip. Some people say not to drink. Maybe I tooks some risks, but fuck it. I had vodka sodas and didn't wake up without a kidney. I had a seasoned PL lead me to other clubs, but google can direct you there on your own. try some adobada and carne asada tacos from outside the club . Check out other clubs, they are all different vibes. There are lots of street walkers, and some drug addicts around there on the sidewalks just like in the US. As everyone said, don't get so fucked up you can't handle yourself. Look both ways when you cross the streets. And have fun.
  • Jascoi
    2 years ago
    look for zona shuttle. i’ve used them often. sometimes i even take the local bus. sometimes even walk. but i’ve been going to hong kong club for years. most of the zona shuttle are black limos. and a couple black toyota window vans. and some black lincoln town cars. tip $2us maxium
  • besmitty
    2 years ago
    Listen to Greenbeans... he knows what he's talking about. He actually met up with me my first time but we didn't meet until I had already gotten to the hotel and clubs. This is how I'll break it down easily going alone... Take the blue line trolley to the border and cross. you'll go through border crossing building (possibly pay $30 for the FMM, maybe not. They didn't have me do it til my 5th or 6th time). once you go through bag check you exit the building. just follow all the people (there's fences so you cant go anywhere else) until you see the taxi's . tell them Cinco ($5) to hong kong. they will counter with 6,7,10? I usually spend $7. Short 5 min ride to Hong Kong which is the #1 club. that's where you want to be. when you're ready to go home, outside the club, catching taxi is no prob. same thing 5-10 buck to border. That all said I will add my perspective. I like going with friends more, meeting them down there b/c im more social like that but if I am down there alone, I'm just fine. there's the front of the hotels and loop around them and go to the alley (back entrance) and just stay in that area for night time and you're fine. you'll find food options in this area, and plenty of clubs but again, I'd stick to HK or adelitas for first time (maybe chicago club if you want more american music).PERSONALLY if you're worried about safety, I'd say stay at hotel cascadas (next to/connected to Hong Kong). I am not a fan of taking a taxi at midnite,2am to the border in TJ. Ive done it an no issues but rather stay the night and check out at 1pm and goto border. If you have VIP card ($60 for 3 months) you get discounted rate of 20% off hotel wednesday through sunday and 70% off on mon/tue. plus taking a girl upstairs costs you $20 roughly for room fee, unless you have a room already, then you dont pay it...so on a monday for instance, if you get the cheapest room (queen bed, fridge, shower, typical standard room basically) is like $23 or something like that... so if you take a girl up, might as well pay for the room to stay the night, right?
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    I've never been to TJ, but this dilemma has occurred to me, too. I think most of the advice here is sound and reasonable. I would definitely book a room at Cascadas, so as to not be walking around TJ at 2AM and looking to take a nap. Normally, common sense would dictate that you let a trusted individual know where you are going (especially when going to corrupt narco-state like Mexico), and when you expect to be back. Unfortunately, unless you actually have business in TJ, everyone knows what American men go to Tijuana for.
  • Jascoi
    2 years ago
    My first visit was with a online friend that I rode down with... Took a five dollar taxi after we cleared Mexican customs... 2014. it’s more involved now because there is Mexican customs system that wants to see a passport ...
  • EmptyAngel
    2 years ago
    I've been to TJ many, many times and have never NOT gone alone. Never had any problems.....
  • Liwet
    2 years ago
    I went 3 times within a 2 year period pre-pandemic (wrote reviews for each trip) and really didn't have any major problems. Language is probably the biggest issue so you'll need to translate through a stripper's phone if you don't know the language or don't have your own cell phone. And don't drink anything unbottled; you are at risk of traveler's diarrhea if you drink the water.
    2 years ago
    Many of the girls speak at least some English and in 20 trips I have never had a problem drinking mixed drinks with ice and brushing my teeth with tap water etc. don’t be a fraidy cat and do what you would do at home. Be cautious but not frightened. And if you don’t have a cell phone in the 21st century maybe join the party?
  • JAprufrock
    2 years ago
    Been there five times since 2017, alone every time and never an issue. All sound advice here. To summarize: --Keep a low profile in and out of the clubs. Don't be that asshole who stands out in a crowd and makes a spectacle of himself. --Drink by all means, but don't get shit-faced. --Act like you've been there before and know what you're doing and where you're going. Don't meander like you're lost. --Stick to the Zona Norte, where all the clubs are and don't wander off the beaten path. --Don't engage with anyone on the street. Just ignore all overtures (guys asking if you're looking for a girl, need a taxi, want drugs, whatever). --Don't carry too much money, distribute it between various pockets and your wallet and remember which pocket to access for which bills, so that you're not breaking out a wad of money all at once. --No need to dress like a bum, but don't over-dress, looking like you're rich, and avoid wearing jewelry. --Treat people you interact with with respect, especially the ladies. You probably have a greater chance of being shaken down by cops than by criminals.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion