tuscl

Super Bowl Predictions

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Tuesday, January 25, 2022 4:19 PM
Rams and Kansas City? You going out or staying in? This year I’m watching it at home, by myself, with my own food on my own couch. Too many years of distracting sports bar parties or last year a house party with 10 kids under the age of 10 running around going nuts (and I don’t even have any kids).

29 comments

• twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ I’m hosting a few friends and running the barbecue, and I agree the Chiefs, but I’m having a tough call with The LA v San Fran game, I keep changing my mind on that match-up, convince me on which Cali team is the right pick.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    KC over Rams. I do not plan to watch.
  • gobstopper007
    2 years ago
    If Matthieu doesn’t play I think the Bengals pull the upset. In the NFC the Rams have bet the farm on this season, I think they get to be the 2nd team to play in the Super Bowl in their home stadium.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    ^ I’d agree with this. I think the only way the Rams lose is by their own mistakes. Keep in mind I doubt the 49ers will be able to capitalize on those mistakes as well as the Bucs did. I’m still bummed about the Bills. They were an exciting team this year. I like those gritty teams. Cincy reminds me of that too.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    I agree that Cincinnati is a scrappy bunch but they lucked out with a win where they only scored 19 points that’s not going to be near enough to beat Kansas City, and I think Kansas City is a much better team than Tennessee
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    K.C. beats the Rams. We'll ski.
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    Two local teams that generate no national passion or reaction. Another "Who Cares?" Superbowl.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    LA
  • RustyLlewellyn
    2 years ago
    Somewhat unrelated, but thinking about KC vs. the Rams... I still think the winner of the Rams-Cardinals series should get a Gateway Arch trophy. (No, it ain't right, but it'd be funny as hell.)
  • Huntsman
    2 years ago
    Chiefs over the Niners. I think the Rams are the best team on paper but they seem to choke against the Niners. Is it six straight losses to them? The Bengals are up and comers. Plus I wonder about a letdown for KC after last Sunday’s game. Still, the Chiefs have been there and the Bengals haven’t. If it’s the Chiefs against the Niners in the Super Bowl, Mahomes shines on the big stage. Garrapolo doesn’t seem to have the ability to light it up. I’m not sure yet but I may watch the game from a fish house on the hard water. I would rather hang out with a friend or two catching walleyes. I don’t like people well enough to hang around at a Super Bowl party.
  • whodey
    2 years ago
    Why is everyone dismissing the Bengals against the Chiefs? We just beat the Chiefs in week 17 so I don't see why we can't do it again. We are 7-3 over our last 10 games with 5 of those wins being against teams that made the playoffs this year. In fact, in our last 4 games we have beaten the AFC's #1 seed (Titans) and #2 seed (Chiefs). We would certainly need to play better than we did against the Titans (especially our offensive line) but we certainly have the talent to pull it off. The Rams look better than the 49ers but SF keeps finding ways to win. My hope for the Super Bowl would be the Bengals beating the 49ers 31-28. It would be nice to get revenge for the two Super Bowl losses to the 49er's now that they don't have Joe Montana at QB.
  • LecherousMonk
    2 years ago
    Bengals easily.
  • mike710
    2 years ago
    Niners have beat the Rams 6 straight times to answer an earlier question. The Niners are not the typical "west coast" offense these days. They prefer to run the ball 30 to 40 times a game. They combine that with a DL that produces heavy pressure just using 4 DL on the rush with minimal blitzing. This combination keeps the Rams from running up the score while giving the Niners a decent chance to win. It keeps Donald honest and his numbers on pass rush down. In the other game, Mahomet is just in the prime of a great career that I would never bet against.
  • Daddillac
    2 years ago
    All 4 teams have Dawgs on them so a Dawg will play in the SuperBowl for the 21st straight year, which is a record. I don't really care who wins though. Rams would be nice with Stafford, Michel, and Floyd
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    I love when a team that never gets to go gets in. I’m with you Whodey - I’ll be rooting for Joe this weekend. Would also like to see the Rams make it, Stafford deserves that solely for being stuck on the Lions roster for so long.
  • PredragDr
    2 years ago
    49ers ruin it for everyone with their "boring" but winning style of play.
  • ATACdawg
    2 years ago
    @Huntsman: "I’m not sure yet but I may watch the game from a fish house on the hard water."
  • ATACdawg
    2 years ago
    Sorry about the accidental post.. "I would rather hang out with a friend or two catching walleyes." So, you're out with Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon, lol? Man, I like walleye pike more than lobster. Rockfish is a very similar fish in the Chesapeake.🐟🦀🦪
  • bkkruined
    2 years ago
    49'er already beat the Rams twice this year. Hard to really see it after watching them vs. packers, but not having frozen balls might liven them back up a bit. Being a Seahawks fan, I'm hoping they both loose. But still want either to beat KC. Bengals? where'd they come from? did they beat the Browns this year?
  • Hank Moody
    2 years ago
    Super bowl was last week. Chiefs and Bills were the two best teams in the league this year. I like both teams in the AFC. Chiefs are better but Cincy certainly has a chance with their offensive playmakers. Except Tee Higgins. It seems like that guy drops half of the balls thrown to him. Don’t much care for the niners and would rather see the Rams. Good for Stafford, Kupp and OBJ. Cam Akers needs to find Lester Hayes and buy some black market stickum.
  • whodey
    2 years ago
    WHO DEY!!! WHO DEY!!! WHO DEY think gonna beat dem Bengals? NOBODY!!! Nobody should count these Bengals out!! Super Bowl bound!! Woo hoo!!
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    Congrats to the Bengals, they played like a champion this afternoon. If the 49ers win this evening this will be the NFLs Year of the Underdog
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    ^ I'll be honest, I wasn't giving them much of a shot. But now I'm rooting for them. That was a brass balls performance.
  • ATACdawg
    2 years ago
    Commentators were all marvelling that the Bengals had gone from worst to first. No mystery here. Last year Burrow was injured in what, Game 3?, and was out for the season. Andy Dalton was gone. The Bengals offence wallowed. Not any more!
  • Huntsman
    2 years ago
    Once again, I’ve proven shitty at predictions. If you want to make a buck, find out what I think and bet the opposite. But congrats to the Bengals and Rams. Should be a fun game.
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    Good for Cincy they haven’t won shit since the 70’s
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    Depending on the odds, I’ll probably be dropping money on the Bengals, and where ever the O/U hits, the under.
  • bkkruined
    2 years ago
    Well, I guess me earlier prediction of 49er's beating KC was all kinda wrong... Fuck it. I know nothing about the Bengals except, they shouldn't have made it this far, so they'll probably win. And I hate the Rams (and the 49er's, sad to see they didn't both loose yesterday).
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    I’m going out on a limb here but I think the Rams win it all Cincinnati has had a hella year but reality sinks in
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion