tuscl

Mustaches

Do you wear one? Thoughts on them?

I personally think they are some of the most handsome (no homo) upgrades a guy can make. Especially for me, if I'm a 6, I'm telling you the mustache makes me 7 easily. The thing is your guy friends tend to think awesome but the girls it's sort of mixed, I feel like today's young women do not like them at all. Maybe I'm just talking to the wrong girls, but that's not their cup of tea IME.

Think about all the great ones, Dennis Eckersley, Sam Elliot, Jeff Foxworthy, Dale Earnhardt, Tom Selleck, Dennis Farina, Keith Hernandez, Don Mattingly, Burt Reynolds, Mike Ditka, Hulk Hoagan, Kirk Gibson and if your feeling really frisky going all Rollie Fingers, Al Hrabosky, Ted Turner or Lanny Macdonald. The list goes on and on. They do seem to be fading, it was probably more of a baby boomer thing only a lot of young guys wear maybe in an ironic way. (most guys now try to look like that faggot Drake) But lets start bringing these back, and come back to an era where men look like men. Hell I'm doing it now.

32 comments

• Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    I have one and a beard. I think the younger the girl the more they love it. Depends on how well you take care of it and the style.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    Anytime I've tried to grow facial hair, it has looked like shit. Hard pass.
  • Huntsman
    3 years ago
    I’ve never gone mustache only. Always with a beard when I sport facial hair.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    Well look I think it goes without saying, but if your going beard, you have to have the mustache. Without it, I mean that is one creepy ass look.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    A lot of guys have beards without mustaches. It looks dumb though.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    ^ Or Muslim. Or Amish.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    At the risk of nitpicking, I do not associate that era with men doing their part to fufill strong gender roles:
    https://images.app.goo.gl/M7fQNa2fENEsTc…
    https://images.app.goo.gl/igJNaZXQVYj6Sf…
    https://images.app.goo.gl/THtB8o27LXccSV…

Not a comment on any of their musical talents. I just don’t think any of them in their prime really looked “masculine” at all.

Heck I associate any era where males are actively doing their part to be conscious of their “looks” and change fashion as one that has narrower gender roles. I don’t think that’s a bad thing, just what it is.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    ^^^^^ nicespice is making a huge amount of sense here!

SJG
  • JamesSD
    3 years ago
    I have a trimmed beard with mustache. I look younger without it, but women generally like it.
  • 48-Cowboy
    3 years ago
    Nicespice is right. Boomers are definitely not masculine. They all seem to want an all boys club with no girls allowed.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    So googling the careers that are the most male dominated—electricians, computer network architects, and mechanical engineers…men in those roles tend to look like dorks. And they just don’t really groom much, aside from basics like showering. So idk, that’s what what I associate the most with masculinity.
  • whodey
    3 years ago
    I've had my mustache since I was 15 back in the late 90's. What can I say, I was a huge Dale Earnhardt fan so as soon as I could grow one I did. The only times I have shaved it since then were the few times I shaved my head for St. Baldrick's fundraisers. I just really did not like the way I looked with a bald head and a mustache.

I have gone with a goatee or full beard a few times but I usually go back to just the mustache after a few months.
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    Q: Why do Italian guys wear mustaches?
    A: They want to look like their mothers.

Sorry, but this had to happen once this thread existed.

I don't wear facial hair. I just let people ask me if they want to know what I had for lunch. I would have grown some if a woman I wanted to get busy with had said she was into it. But, it never happened.

Seems like it's the norm now for millennials and Gen-Zer to shave or at least stubblize all body hair below the neck. So would be weird for them to have facial hair. But they embrace weird.
  • boomer79
    3 years ago
    I go for clean shaven with pretty much a very traditional business haircut. I’m 42 and it’s basically the same look as my father and his father had before him.
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    If you grow a mustache and/or beard you can then show women when kissing them is what it is like when you go down on an unshaven vagina. I'm clean shaven when I go out to met women but act like a bum in between.
  • BBBC
    3 years ago
    Hell yeah! I am. Gay guy with a mustache! Who wants a mustache ride!!! 😉
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Women like the feeling of facial hair. Especially when you go down on them
  • jackslash
    3 years ago
    Why do we say "wear a mustache"? That sounds like wearing a toupee.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    I have never had a mustache. When I’ve tried to grow my facial hair, it inevitably gets itchy, and it annoys me, and I shave. I have not yet gotten to the point where I keep facial hair for any length of time.

From what I see currently, guys are more prone to beards, than mustaches. There are generally older guys who have always had mustaches, and who keep them, but they might be the exception.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    Same here. I can grow one fairly quickly. Just do not like the feel. I'll shave it off after a few days.
  • georgmicrodong
    3 years ago
    The few times over the last few years that I've shaved my beard, I've gotten "baby face" comments from a lot of women, including strippers. Since my beard is mostly gray now, I guess that's not very surprising, but many of them say they prefer the beard. I know at least one dancer who explicitly says it's because with a beard I remind her of her (deceased) dad, and that makes her feel comfortable. I choose not to reflect on the ramifications of a regular sex partner associating me with her father.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    I absolutely LOVE eating pussy. Hairy, 3 day's stubbly growth, smooth shaven, or perfectly waxed, I love it all, and with or without me having a beard or moustache while doing it.

That said, there's nothing better than going down on a nice smooth hairless pussy after meticulously shaving my face (with a fresh blade, no bullshit electric razor). It's like a Slip 'N Slide for your face.
  • FishHawk
    3 years ago
    In 1972 on a dare I grew a mustache. I was skeptical at first but after this trial period I think I will keep it.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Facial hair is an issue in the swinger's world. When I did have a mustache 25 years ago a stripper said she could guess my profession. I said go ahead and she guessed cop or firefighter. I laughed and asked why. She said all you cops and firefighters have the same cheesy 70s mustache. I then grew a full beard. Been clean shaven for the past four years.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    I don’t have much facial (or body) hair – very-difficult for me to grow a full-mustache or full-beard – I only have to shave every 3 or 4 days and even then it’s mostly just stubbles – only time I tried to let it grow-out longterm was at the beginning of the lockdown in 2020 where I didn’t shave for about a month to see if I could achieve the elusive mustache/beard – after a month or so it still didn’t look like what a mustache or beard should look like and I finally shaved since it was itchy.

It does seem like mustaches are not as popular as pre-1990s – and even body-hair seems to also be something that is more common to remove these days – I would say beards w/ mustaches is more common than just mustaches but even that may be less-common than decades past – there are some guys that may actually look better w/ a (well kept) beard and there may be some women that prefer guys w/ beards, but it seems the trend over the last 2-decades+ has been towards clean-cut look both face and body-wise – and in general it seems guys that shave off their mustache/beard do often tend to look younger; but a full beard w/ mustache may give some guys a more masculine look that works well for them.

• shailynn
    3 years ago
    jackslash and I go for the Don Johnson Miami Vice scruff/5 o'clock shadow look. Juice used a magic marker on his face since he has trouble growing facial hair.
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    Guys that have mustaches and beards sure ruined a good pussy when they have teeth in their mouths. :)
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    Channel-flipping last night, there was another datingbshow on Fox with some real smokeshows on the ladies side. Four of them were discussing what the bachelor might look like, and one asked "what if he has a mustache?" The three hottest girls all went off how they loved mustaches. I did not expect that. I can grow a mustache, but it's 2021 and I'm not gay. Not really interested in a flavor-saver.
  • gSteph
    3 years ago
    I thought I looked kinda cool with a mustache in my early twenties, but most of the pictures from that era suggest - maybe not.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    Look don't get me wrong, you can really fuck it up. A weak mustache is an awful. But a good one? God damn is that glorious. You had to root Dale Earnhardt just on mustache principal alone.
  • Jascoi
    3 years ago
    i’m still trying to grow a decent beard and mustache. maybe i need to wait until puberty.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion