tuscl

RIP John Madden

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
TMZ reporting that John Madden has passed away.

Have not seen verification

21 comments

• Warrior15
    3 years ago
    85 years old and not thin. ESPN just announced it also. Not giving any cause though.
  • etsutwigg222
    3 years ago
    One of the great ones both coach & person.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    It appears to be confirmed
    R.I.P. He had a good run, hate like hell to lose him.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    RIP John Madden. He was an original - and he was a very good dude.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    He is a legend. What a great guy and terrific coach and commentator.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    He seems he lived the life he wanted to live and made a shit-ton of $$$ doing what he enjoyed doing
  • ElDuderino_AZ
    3 years ago
    R.I.P. to a legend.

Wild timing, with his documentary on Fox the other day.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    One of my favorite stories about John Madden was that he was afraid of flying so he’d take his private bus from stadium to stadium rather than fly.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    Damn that sucks it's John Madden for crying out loud this guy was the face of the NFL at one point. He was a real character and made the games better. Really stepped out of the limelight after his retirment though.
  • Dolfan
    3 years ago
    "So, look here, a'ight, look, if you got dirt, and then like, look, like it rains. Now you got mud. And a jersey. And that's a dirty jersey"
  • whodey
    3 years ago
    There's one Madden quote I think everyone on this board should live by.

“I never professed to be perfect. I do something wrong or something stupid, I laugh at myself.”
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    I think he created the turducken.
  • Cowboy12
    3 years ago
    I was not a fan of the Raiders or Madden as a coach, but it was fun to listen to him as an announcer.
    He was real, genuine and had good incite into the strategy.
    RIP Coach Madden
  • ime
    3 years ago
    He was a legend and there is now a generation who would probably never even know about football without Madden Football video games. He also had some great quotes.
    “At the end of the game, the team with the most points on the board is going to win.”

R.I.P.
  • motorhead
    3 years ago
    When I was a kid, I was an old NFL guy. (As opposed to AFL). TV has changed. Now they put the big match up’s on at the 4 pm late game. But back in the day you usually just got a west coast game. The Raiders were good so it seems like they were always on. That’s the time I fell in love with them as my second favorite team.

I loved him first as a coach then as a great TV guy. He made football fun
  • Huntsman
    3 years ago
    Madden was my favorite commentator. He had a great way of conveying what he saw with humor and insight.
  • ATACdawg
    3 years ago
    I remember his flamboyant use of the Telestrator. He really seemed to enjoy himself with that gadget, lol.😢
  • crosscheck
    3 years ago
    R.I.P. Few if any have done as much as he did to promote their sport.
  • rickmacrodong
    3 years ago
    He was complete fucking scum piss be on his grave, good riddance dude was a racist and sexist and is a horrible face for the nfl. Day to celebrate
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    Y'know, I've always thought his name was JOEL Madden. He doesn't look like a John.
  • DeclineToState
    3 years ago
    Yes indeed, RIP John Madden. For those who referenced the Madden cruiser bus and turducken, here's some links to read those stories:

Peter King (formerly of Sports Illustrated) and his SI story on his 3-day ridealong in the Madden cruiser: https://vault.si.com/vault/1990/11/26/bu….

ESPN's story from last month on Madden and him not inventing but popularizing the turducken: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3269….

Happy New Year to all you PLs and mongers.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion