tuscl

The country is governed for the richest, for the corporations, the bankers, the

CJKent_band
The truth hurts, but if you accept it, it will set you free
Title couldn’t say it all.

“The country is governed for the richest, for the corporations, the bankers, the land speculators, and for the exploiters of labor.

The majority of mankind are working people.

So long as their fair demands — the ownership and control of their livelihoods — are set at naught, we can have neither men’s rights nor women’s rights.

The majority of mankind is ground down by industrial oppression in order that the small remnant may live in ease.”

~ Helen Adams Keller
~ Born June 27, 1880 Tuscumbia, Alabama, USA
~ Died June 1, 1968 Easton, Connecticut, USA

@It is the sufferings of the many which pay for the luxuries of the few.”

~ Greta Thunberg, 2019

25 comments

• Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    Because we all love the smell of flame-war bait in the morning.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    It's the way it should be. Love it. Even better that an unemployed leech posted it.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    I love the phrase " exploiters of labor " . You mean the people that create JOBS ?
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    The Op is a leech on society and doesn't work, so the begging and demanding for the money of others is typical for low life scum.
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    @Warrior15

Yes wrote, and I quote:

I love the phrase " exploiters of labor " . You mean the people that create JOBS ?

“Similarities between wage labour and slavery were noted as early as Cicero in Ancient Rome.”

“The introduction of wage labour in 18th-century Britain was met with resistance, because a person's livelihood would depend on wages or a salary, and the wages were low and a person had few realistic chances of upward mobility...”

Your comment makes me remember that;

“Before the American Civil War, Southern defenders of African American slavery invoked the concept of wage slavery to favourably compare the condition of their slaves to workers in the North...”
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    America i being overrun by foreign scum. No more immigrants, we have enough native born democrat welfare leeches.
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    ^
    @You wrote and I quote:

“America i being overrun by foreign scum.”

I think that is what the Native Americans would rightfully say about the British and other European foreigners...
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    CJ, I"m sorry that your brain has been twisted so much. But I no longer want to read anything that you put on this board. I am putting you on Ignore.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Warrior15, jobs are created by material need. If the exploiters did not have marginalized segments of the population to exploit, then they would have to take those kinds of shit jobs themselves.

CJ, I wonder if at least in rhetoric things are starting to change a bit today.

Decades ago I read an Atlantic Article where they classified Republicans in to 3 types:

1. Main Street, exemplified by Bob Dole of Kansas
    2. Wall Street, exemplified by Richard Nixon
    3. Easy Street, exemplified by Ronald Reagan.

Now, these types go further and further to the Right as you go down the list. And you are talking about Wall Street.

I notice though that at least in rhetoric that Republicans trying to attack Biden and the Democrats are talking more about Main Street, at least for the time.

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Republicans are using the idiotic COVID mandates to attack Biden and the Democrats. In so doing they are at least rhetorically siding with Main Street instead of Wall Street or Easy Street.

SJG
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    It’s never been about left vs right or Democrats vs Republicans.

More like 0.1% of regular ass humans (the media, the politicians, the religious leaders, the puppet presidents, the rich and powerful, etc etc) tricking the rest of us into fighting among ourselves while they rob us blind.”

~ SanchoRG, Texas
    ~ Joined Aug, 2017 Last Seen Nov, 2021

“The American so called “Two Party System” is really two sides of the same coin”.

Both political parties serve the interests of the corporate robber barons and politicians, who have become rich through ruthless and unscrupulous business practices.”

“It is the sufferings of the many which pay for the luxuries of the few.”

~Greta Thunberg
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    "tricking the rest of us into fighting among ourselves"

Yes, I agree. This is what Warrior15 is feeding when he said,

"I love the phrase " exploiters of labor " . You mean the people that create JOBS ?"

And what Skibum609 was feeding when he said,

"America i being overrun by foreign scum. No more immigrants, we have enough native born democrat welfare leeches."

But it is actually Warror15 and Skibum609 who are the leeches, riding on the backs of people who do the real work.

I am just saying that at least for right now, as Republicans posture to use the COVID mandates to oppose Biden and the Democrats, that they are siding with Main Street instead of Wall Street.

SJG
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    The real work lol. How fucking stupid are you. We work to better our lives, not to support foreign rats or leeches like you.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    No, you ride on the backs of marginalized segments of our society who work in low wage jobs. You are the leeches!

SJG
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    With strikes starting up and people entering the holiday season broke af. Something has to finally happen. People can only be oppressed so long. We need a Robespierre who will give the rich what they deserve
  • motorhead
    3 years ago
    If UBI is legislated into law, how much will there be for hoes and strippers?

Or will the industry die because young women will have all they need?
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    ^^ Robespierre went to the guillotine too (but leftists never see the second order consequences of their actions).
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    UBI is nothing more than paying Democrats to breed and murder.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    UBI has no needs test. No need to apply, everyone gets it, whether they want it or not.

Decades ago I read an Atlantic article which divided Republicans into three categories

1. Main Street, exemplified by Bob Dole of Kansas
    2. Wall Street, exemplified by Richard Nixon
    3. Easy Street, exemplified by Ronald Reagan, though now it would be Donald Trump

As you go down the list, they get more and more reactionary.

When Republicans campaign against Biden's Build Back Better and against Abortion Rights, they are doing the biding of Easy Street. There is no such thing as Social Conservatism, there is only Political Reaction.

It was like when Reagan was asked, do you support the rich or the poor? He said, I am for an American where everyone can be rich. Well, Ghandi had figured this one out. If you say you want to be rich, then that means that you want to gain control of the land and the labor. You want to make yourself rich by making everyone else poor.

When Clinton got his budget passed, including the 2% extra tax on high incomes, Wall Street loved it.

Now it is different when the Republicans are campaigning against the COVID mandates, then they are supporting Main Street.

SJG
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    There never was a constitutional right to abortion. Throwing more money at an inflationary environment is tragically stupid, so build back better is a fraud. 200 million for a Nancy pelosi golf course and lowering taxes for rich coastal elites builds nothing of value and 800 million for illegals should be the last thing that ever happens. Progressives are swine screwing the poor who are too dumb to figure it out.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    SCOTUS found a constitutional right. And here in CA we have the 1969 State Senator Bielson (R) bill. Though I am sure I am not spelling his name right. It was signed into law by Governor Reagan.

No we should not put money into bubbles. This is why UBI needs to be backed by a strong public housing offering, set say at half the UBI rate. It will take money to start this, but after a point it should be able to turn a profit.

The limit with Build Back Better is that it is still needs tested. Seems set up to work like the Earned Income Tax Credit. We want to instead move to completely universal programs.

Undocumented immigrants of course would not get UBI. Legal immigrants would.

It is the well off who have their tap roots going down deep so that others have to take the shit jobs, not them.

SJG

The Doors with Eddie Vedder - 1993 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction and Performance
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IJsPzUJ…
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    We need to overhaul the system completely and the only thing keeping us from doing so are geriatric republikkkans in office.

We need to redefine what rights are. Move away from a system that favors the rich.

Housing health care and a ubi need to be seen as basic human rights.

What many fail to realize is you can't have a consumer economy without consumers. Our modern slave state is unsustainable
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    I agree, but it is not just the republickkkans in office, it is their supporters in the populace. Michael Moore said he wasn't going to talk about Trump anymore, he was going to talk about his supporters, Trumplandia.

It is fox and the right internet, but it is also just the world some of these people live in. Sure, they are ditto heads, you can tell this when you talk to them.

At least now, opposing the COVID mandates, the Republicans are advocating for Main Street instead of for Easy Street.

SJG
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    We need a culture war. And the women culture is the first step.

Republicans are for the rich when it comes to the pandemic and putting profits before people
  • ElDuderino_AZ
    3 years ago
    I think Guns N Roses "One in a Million" is about to become the anthem for some of you old folks who have never heard it...

https://youtu.be/4SVz9XXM-eI
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion