tuscl

The Power of the Suit

Every once in a blue moon I'll be in Manhattan for a job interview, or something or other, dressed up in suit. I figure on the way back home I'll hit a strip club it's a unique opportunity. I was in Rick's Cabaret and as I sat down I noticed the conga line of dancers that would come my way. As one sat down, if I wasn't interested at the time, the next one sat down as soon as she got up. It was odd because outside of the strip club in real life, girls often immediately get up and run away when I sit next to them, here they ran to sit next to me as I sat down. The only thing left really was for Rod Serling walk out.

But the point being every *single* dancer in the club checked in with me. There was no white space. It really can change the dynamic of everything if attention is what your going for, your certainly perceived a different light. I don't know want to come off as Captain Obvious but I think the difference in how the dancers operated was dramatic enough to be worth noting.

You know we go after Rick Dugan for dressing up like Tony Montana to go to some shithole strip club out in the Florida boonies but you know what he might be onto something. Especially considering where I usually come from dress wise which is typically a wife beater and those Lieutenant Dangle male stripper shorts.

55 comments

• NJBalla
    3 years ago
    SAme goes for strippers. Whenever a stripper looks like this I get rock hard
    https://www.asos.com/us/asos-curve/asos-…
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    Everybody here knows you don’t really own a suit…
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    They associate a suit with a higher earning career. You'll get attention but it for the right reasons.

I've noticed the more I dress down the more attention I get from women.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    Was the suit white polyester ?
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    After several dinner dates with (TUSCL) Avalons07 she suggested that we dress up for dinner. She said "I want to see the tongues wag when I kiss you and call you daddy". It was different. :)
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    Ha ha - it depends on the suit. The weddings and funerals suit from 10 years ago may be enough to influence the stupid ones. Btw - They like to sit on Santa’s lap too.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    it's different in Florida. You do wear jackets and ties to funerals, wedding, and intervals; unless you're a blowhard narcissist liar who thinks why polyester is designer fashion. Normal Floridians remove the tie and jackets as soon as you walk outside. The heat and humidity make anything less infeasible. I've had the same results here just wearing the dress paints, shirt, and shoes. I can see how in Manhattan the jacket and tie would be normal attire, I am almost surprised it would make you stand out.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    My concern wearing a suit and hitting a Manhattan strip club is the dancers expecting a big spending investment banker.

Maybe I’m way off base, but dancers in NYC are likely the sharkiest of sharks - and can tell from the cut of the clothing whether you are a whale?

How did it go once they sat with you and chatted? Did they add an extra zero or two to the dance price?
  • SirLapdancealot
    3 years ago
    What about one of them T-shirts that have the print of a suit and tie on it. Would that work? With gym shorts?
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    Back when my job required a suit and tie, I used to visit the clubs all dressed up sometimes.

The lesson I learned:

If wearing dark colored wool suit pants, the jizz marks around the fly area are unlikely to come clean unless you specifically point it out to the dry-cleaners to treat as a stain. First couple times I tried to play it off like, "I dunno, must have dropped some salad dressing in my lap or something." Eventually it was more like just kind of show them and they're like, "Ok, we take care of that."
  • Huntsman
    3 years ago
    I had a suit once. My folks bought it for me and made me wear it for my oldest sister’s wedding. Oh, and if you count matching waterfowl hunting bibs and parka, I guess I have that suit too.

Do they still make suits?
  • SirLapdancealot
    3 years ago
    @misterorange were they smirking when they said they could take care of it?

"Salad dressing? Uh, yeah, whatever you say, mister." 🤭😂
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    @SirLap
    They were straight faced and professional, but I'll bet they were laughing like hell after I left.
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    ===> "If wearing dark colored wool suit pants, the jizz marks around the fly area are unlikely to come clean unless you specifically point it out to the dry-cleaners to treat as a stain."

This gave me flashbacks, lol.

To the broader topic, times have indeed changed a bit over the last 10+ years. For starters, almost nobody wears a tie anymore except for salespersons, so when I travel for work I go tieless. Also gam is right that suits are so much less common down here in FL that a dress shift, dress pants and nice shoes have the same effect as a full suit in other colder venues.
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    Sirdancealot - I have one of those. I wore it with black shorts and a black top hat to my favorite club's Halloween party. Got lots of laughs.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    SirLDAlot - Asking for a friend - why wear any shorts with that suit t shirt?

Just a suit t shirt with black socks and dress shoes would work just fine…
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    @shai I know it’s unbeliaveble but actually I did. Tie and everything. Dark blue. Blue stripe tie.

@cash to be honest I was there mostly for the meal deal and to watch but I got a couple lapdances out of a girl. I certainly wasn’t the whale they may have been expecting.
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    You don’t want to blow splooge all over the suit you gotta wear to your Aunt’s funeral. Disrespectful.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Apparently very few suit wearers here or you would know the real reason wearing a suit to a strip club is stupid......but, dancers do flock over to you, under the simplistic belief that a nice suit= money = spending it on them. I wear a suit and tie every day. casual, day in the law means you unbutton the top button and crank the tie to hide the fact. Right before Covid I did a deposition in Connecticut and stopped at Desires on the way home. Many night shift dancers that traditionally ignore me flocked over ........but if you are wearing a very fine suit, the material doesn't like to be roughed up. A 5 minute grind on a hard on in a suit wears down the wool fibers and leaves a shiny, dick shaped spot on your suit pants.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    Muddy - that’s cool. There are some beautiful dancers at some of those NYC clubs.

I avoid the clubs in Manhattan, as they are too classy for me. Even the non-whales spend more than I do.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    I remember an old Tide detergent commercial. Maybe they could make a PL version.

PL customer: How do you get the jizz stains out of those suit pants?

Chinese dry cleaner: Ancient Chinese secret…
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    I think a suit gets you the wrong kind of attention. In a civvie setting I just social climbers and gold diggers. In a strip club it's just dumb girls who assume a suit means you make more money.

Show up in a heavy tee and some pro club shorts. Vans. Fuck it go topless. My favorite all time place is the beach and boardwalks coz the beach is the great equalizer
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    When we were kids all the laundry detergent commercials all touted how good they removed grass stains from kids clothes. Not anymore - a lot of fat lazy kids never get grass stains.
    Maybe if Muddy’s suit wearing scheme catches on they’ll advertise getting splooge stains off of suits.
    I don’t think anything can fix a dick shaped shiny area on your suit pants…
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Women judge guys in superficial ways. A suit can have a powerful effect.

SJG
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    Dressing up does set the expectation of big spending. The last time I went to a club in professional attire, a dancer tried to entice me into the Champagne Room by noting that I looked like I could afford it. Able to afford it? Easily. Dumb enough to spend it? Not hardly. Not at Vixens Fort Myers. There are no extras to be had there, hardly even any mileage.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    Interesting side-note:

My ex-father-in-law once told me an early job he had was working at a Tide detergent factory. The boxes came along a conveyor and he pulled a leaver that filled them up with powdered soap.

At some point in the process, the boxes would change from the colorful Tide boxes to the intentionally bland-looking generic ones. The soap was exactly the same.
  • WiseToo
    3 years ago
    I wore a suit to a strip club once.

One of the dancers started asking questions - Why the suit? What happened? Did you come from a funeral? Did something bad happen and you had to go to court? Why don't you make yourself comfortable and take off your tie and jacket?

I felt like Rodney Dangerfield - "I get no respect."

• shadowcat
    3 years ago
    If you see a black guy in an Atlanta club wearing a suit and a bow tie he is an attorney.
  • SirLapdancealot
    3 years ago
    This thread made me realize that the downside of wearing a suit to a strip club doubles the PL's walks of shame. Not only does he have to take the walk of shame with jizz stained pants out of the VIP area, he also has to take it after dropping off the stained suit at the dry cleaners.

It still might be worth it though.
  • goldmongerATL
    3 years ago
    I once went with several guy straight from a trade show to a club. We were all in suits. This is over 20 years ago when suits were more common. We soon had several dancers join our table. One that I will never forget was checking the labels inside our jackets and making comments like she knew how high end or low end our suits were. She thought I was very practical wearing something not cheap but not real expensive. She thought expensive suits were just to stroke egos. She asked another guy if his wife picked out his suit. She asked yet another guy if his expensive suit meant he was picking up the tab or if he was "all suit no cattle" The whole running commentary was hilarious.
  • Uprightcitizen
    3 years ago
    A few times but always after another social event...all of it gets attention. A guy in a suit in a strip club, club, bar, whatever is going to make a very good first impression. After that it's up to who's in the suit.

If your goal is as a lowball PL
    then its a bad plan. Maybe it helps if you are compensating or something.

Personally I never will wear a suit to a club as a plan. That glitter, make up and spilled drinks just spells more dry cleaning.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    Something I have never seen in all my years and locales of strip-clubbing: a guy in a strip club wearing a seer-sucker suit. I've only ever seen a couple of people wearing a seer-sucker with a straight face. However, now that I realize I've never seen one in a SC, I feel as if my life will not be complete until I do. Unless it's looking in the mirror. Only if I become as demented and delusional as Brandon and our resident senile libs could that possible happen.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    I know this discussion is about business suits being worn in Manhattan strip clubs, which is not unusual. But, has anyone worn a polyester white leisure suit to an upscale strip club?

Aside from the man who perfected the System - I’m wondering if that is a look to be attempted by any mortal monger?
  • Huntsman
    3 years ago
    Reactions to wearing a suit can be all over the map.

I was once at my kid’s baseball game right after a meeting and was still in a suit. Some parent I didn’t know decided to be snarky and said to me “why are you wearing a suit to a baseball game? Trying to compensate by hiding your shape?”

I was taken aback but then said “can’t help about the shape I’m in. I can’t sing, I ain’t pretty and my legs are thin…oh well”. I don’t know if she got the reference but she didn’t say another word and other parents in the stands were laughing.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    If anyone can pull this look off - that would be incredible!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0723023/med…
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    ^That's what I see demented old liberals on the FL East Coast wearing to clubs all the time.

Have another sippy cup, take a nap, and you'll forget all about in... what were we talking about?
  • joewebber
    3 years ago
    agree with most comments here.

wearing a suit inside a strip club only attracts the wrong kind of attention and invites gold diggers to you. as most have said, you will also be written off if it's a cheap suit of a funeral suit--they notice and know. at least the ones that keep up with fashion will know.

there's a PL that frequents Atlanta clubs. he wears a crisp white button-down shirt, black slacks and shoes. he has olive skin and dark black hair. a few dancers have asked me to run interference (by taking them to a different area of the club) in the past because he's a 'possessive dick' (their words). i would never have noticed him on my own because i'm not looking at men in the clubs.

during certain conventions, I used to see the parade of 'businessmen' flow into the club like their bus just landed. they all were dressed in their bright white shirts and their suit pants. the girls would make the rounds and find the closest matches to whales, and they'd waste a few hours with them.

during the summer, the same type of PLs will wear khaki's, golf shirts, and loafers without socks into the clubs. many dancers avoid these guys like the plague.

dancers also notice your shoes. if you're wearing cheap or unkempt shoes, don't expect them to approach you.

finally, if you want the right kind of attention, stay away from wearing overly nice clothes into the nightclub/strip club. between the cigarette smoke and burns, liquor spills, bodily fluids, and higher prices, it's not worth it.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Guys who wear expensive clothes to the club are usually cheap. They do it to be noticed.

Also. A lot of guys go to strip clubs to flex for social media.
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    Looks like suits are the norm in this strip club scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8peXI0Zq…
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    ===> "wearing a suit inside a strip club only attracts the wrong kind of attention and invites gold diggers to you."

As someone with ample experience on the topic, I'd amend this to say that it brings ALL kinds of attention, both good and bad. But as with any club visit, it is the hound's job to separate the wheat from the chaff. They are all gold diggers. If you are worried that you can't deal with the aggressive ones then you may wish to rethink strip clubs as a meaningful source of entertainment.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Which one of you guys was this ?
    https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=DChc…
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    They're not gold diggers they're there to get paid. Problem is getting cheap fucks to tip can be like pulling teeth. If you weren't cheap or broke they wouldn't have to try to get you to pay for their time. You'd do it on your own.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Yeah, looks pretty good!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8peXI0Zq…

A guy can dress super casual, as I like to, when people know him.

In a strip club girls are always suspect about guys being jobless and socially dysfunctional. I do not go along with this, but they do. So a suit is good.

Even better in an AMP where you can nicely take it off and hang it up on hooks.

You girl will not refuse you anything.

SJG
  • 8TM
    3 years ago
    “ But the point being every *single* dancer in the club checked in with me. There was no white space.”

That’s pretty much how strip clubs were though 10 years ago, when I was going in with jeans and a polo shirt.

If you sat down for a couple hours, tipped a few bucks at the stage once in a while, and didn’t look like a slob, you might miss the 1 or 2 most popular dancers but you could pretty much count on all the rest checking in with you. These days…not so much.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    The biggest problem with wearing a suit in a strip club, is that suits in the US ALWAYS come with long pants. In Jamaica, I've heard that the professional business attire is suits with short pants. They could be on to something...
  • ElDuderino_AZ
    3 years ago
    Having once stopped into to a local booby barn after work while wearing slacks, that is one mistake, suit or not, I will not make again. I don't need to be walking back to my table post-VIP room, sportin' wood for all to see.*

*Unless they're tipping me, too
  • Lone_Wolf
    3 years ago
    Lately I've been sporting the old fat homeless man fashion with baggy tshirt, shorts and flip flops.

The honeys somehow know I'm a spender. In the clubs I've been frequenting a suit may have the opposite of the desired effect.
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    ===> "In the clubs I've been frequenting a suit may have the opposite of the desired effect."

No it wouldn't. The girls know you're a spender because you've got history with them. But a stranger is starting from zero and, IME, being dressed well helps a lot with getting some girl flow. It's why I always go to the club in my work clothes when I'm traveling.

• SirLapdancealot
    3 years ago
    "In a strip club girls are always suspect about guys being jobless and socially dysfunctional. I do not go along with this, but they do. So a suit is good."

^^^ @san_jose_creep so what you're saying is wearing a suit is good if you want to hide the fact that you're jobless and socially dysfunctional?
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    SirLDAlot - this is obviously an attempt to offer relevant input. Sadly, SJG has not been in a club since the early 1990’s. He still thinks Naughty by Nature and New Edition songs should be on the playlist.
  • ElDuderino_AZ
    3 years ago
    You say Naughty by Nature like it's a bad thing...
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    So those of you who keep reminiscing about the 1970s haven't been to a club since?
  • SirLapdancealot
    3 years ago
    @icee your logic is once again flawed.

Those who reminisce about the 1970s are also posting about recent strip club visits and writing current reviews.

Once again I highly suggest that you learn what it means to make a strawman argument. Coz you just made one, dumbass.

🤭🤡
  • SirLapdancealot
    3 years ago
    ^^^ made one *again*
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    ElDude - Naughty by Nature is a very good thing! Treach and Vinnie put out some great tracks! Very few guys can pull off wearing a steel chain as actual jewelry!

Their music stands the test of time.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion