tuscl

OT: Rittenhouse

datinman
Not in Kansas anymore
Friday, November 19, 2021 9:58 PM
Totally off topic, but I felt there should be at least one thread about Rittenhouse on the discussions board. Not sure if this is a Front Room thread or perhaps a Political Thread. I know opinions can sometimes get heated. Overall, I have a favorable opinion. I mean, it's certainly not Sazerac 18 year or even Colonel E.H. Taylor Straight Rye Whiskey. It is not really a great sipping rye. However, in a Manhattan, Old Fashioned, or Sazerac, I think Rittenhouse Bottled in Bond 100 is a solid whiskey. I was a little reluctant to post this in the front room because I expect a lot of blow back from the pretentious bourbon and scotch guys. Anyway, didn't want the day to go by without a new Rittenhouse thread.

17 comments

• founder
    3 years ago
    Fucking awesome. This is the kind of post I created tuscl for. 😂
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    You ever have Sudden Wisdom rye? It's not available everywhere, but if it is in your state, you're welcome.
  • datinman
    3 years ago
    I have not, but I'm always on the look out for a good rye. Thanks.
  • ime
    3 years ago
    Holyshit, might be your first post worth reading ever. Maybe there is some hope.
  • ime
    3 years ago
    Templeton Rye is pretty good and not super expensive.
  • ime
    3 years ago
    If you see Willett Rye pick up a bottle or two, can be a little pricey but worth it.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    Based on JustinTolook's suggestion, I just went and bought two bottles. [view link] One to drink, and the other in case it goes viral and in short supply! Lol 30 bucks a bottle. I'm finishing off a bottle of Jameson's right now. If I open the Rittenhouse tonight, I'll let you know if it's any good. Second thought, I think I'll open it right now to make a proper toast to Kyle. I'll let you know how it is.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    I’m sticking with my Dewars I’m too old to change horses in midstream
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    Okay, I gotta say the Rittenhouse 100 is damn good. Can't think of a better whiskey at this price (30 bucks). I've always considered Wild Turkey 101 to be a pretty good sippin' whiskey at a very low price point ($23) which is technically bourbon but promoted as "high rye". This one is actually less sweet and more intense. I'd "almost" (well, not quite) compare it to Booker's bourbon, which is three times the price. This is a rye and has a bit of a sweet aftertaste whereas Booker's just maintains it's flavor long after it's gone down your belly. But if you are a whiskey drinker who want's something cheap to fill in between the high priced stuff, I highly recommend it.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    You shouldn't start threads about Rittenhouse without a trigger warning.
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    Nothing like a nice rye to detrigger.
  • NinoBambina
    3 years ago
    I am going to give Rittenhouse a shower show!!!!
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    Smooth Ambler Old Scout Single Barrel Cask Strength Rye. That’s a mouthful. They have a few age statement ones that are so rare I traded for a bottle of Old Rip Van Winkle.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    ^^ Sure you did. Asshole.
  • ElDuderino_AZ
    3 years ago
    If you're going to make a thread discussing rye, and not even mention Angel's Envy, your drinking privileges are hereby revoked.
  • Dave_Anderson
    3 years ago
    Four doors, more whores. 'Nuff said.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion