tuscl

Let’s Go Brandon Announced on Southwest Airlines

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Passengers Say They Heard Pilot Say 'Let's Go Brandon'

http://newser.com/s312812

26 comments

• mike710
    3 years ago
    It's funny that the liberal reporter admittedly almost got thrown off the plane trying to react.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    Uh oh, feelings have been hurt. Send in a trauma team with coloring books and hot cocoa.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    The pilot is a moron (and no, I'm no fan of Biden). When someone buys an airline ticket, what is expected from a pilot is a safe flight and that's it. No one should have to listen to the flight crew's personal politics, whether you agree with those politics or not.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    I heard there are two different "Let's Go Brandon" rap-songs (by AA rappers) - they are #1 and #2 most downloaded songs and took Adele out of the #1-spot - LOL

Lets Go Brandon
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    ^ predictably YouTube and Instagram banned both songs for "misinformation" - what a bunch of fags

Lets Go Brando
  • minnow
    3 years ago
    At least he didn't rant about gays and grannies like the guy on hot mic several years ago.
  • mike710
    3 years ago
    Another funny one. Gotta love Texas cops.

https://news.yahoo.com/texas-cops-laughe…
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    I’d have to agree with C.M.I. on this one, but I laughed out loud when I heard the reporter demanded the flight crew open the cockpit door so she could confront him.

• gammanu95
    3 years ago
    Any time I run into an empty shelf where something I want to buy would be, an outrageously long or unknown lead time for an order, or poor service caused by lack of staff, I loudly announce "Let's go Brandon." So far, I have only run into agreement. Everyone hates Joe Biden.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    papi_chulo said "I heard there are two different "Let's Go Brandon" rap-songs (by AA rappers) - they are #1 and #2 most downloaded songs and took Adele out of the #1-spot - LOL"

Except that's not really true.

Loza Alexander’s “Let’s Go Brandon” did reach the top of the iTunes chart. Alexander’s song was eventually replaced by another “Let’s Go Brandon” song by Bryson Gray. But that's just on iTunes, which is a fraction of the online music sales (with services like Spotify, Apple Music (a separate service from iTunes), Pandora etc., claiming the rest of that pie). Adele took over that #1 spot again on iTunes, and as far as I know is still there.

Alexander’s song did hit the the Billboard Top 100 at position 45, which is nothing to sneeze at particularly for a song that has obviously been written for a short-term niche. But as of right now neither of those songs are anywhere on the Billboard Top 100. And that's not necessarily a reflection of the politics. Like I said, it's a song written to appeal to the emotions of the moment. Songs like this get their 5 minutes of fame and then fade away.

"predictably YouTube and Instagram banned both songs for "misinformation" - what a bunch of fags"

I must have a very special view of YouTube, because both songs are playable on Alexander and Gray's accounts. As far as Instagram goes, I'm not sure how you ban a song from a social media service that's an image platform. But both of those artists have short video snippets of their songs and are talking about them freely on that service.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Does anyone else find this stupid?
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    The general level and maturity of political discourse...? Sure, but it's been going in this direction for a while now. The momentum does seem to be picking up, though.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    If you're looking for some deep, philosophical thought, you could cruise over to Dave Anderson's latest thread where he uses a computer to tell us that he has never trusted computers...
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ I’m ignoring him but I really expect more from shailynn he’s one of the brighter guys here.
  • yahtzee74
    3 years ago
    >I must have a very special view of YouTube, because both songs are playable on Alexander and Gray's accounts.

Bryson Gray's original song is still banned by youtube. In the last day he has uploaded an edited version of just the beat and hook.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7pCumqP…
  • yahtzee74
    3 years ago
    https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/…

Says the original version was banned for medical misinformation because of lyric "pandemic isn't real."
  • yahtzee74
    3 years ago
    >But that's just on iTunes, which is a fraction of the online music sales (with services like Spotify, Apple Music (a separate service from iTunes), Pandora etc.,

But you can't buy songs from Spotify, Apple Music, or Pandora. They're streaming only services.
    Amazon and iTunes are the only two big players I can think of that allow purchasing of songs.

Right now Gray's Lets Go Brandon is the Number One Best Seller on Amazon. Funnily enough Monster Mash is number 3 and Thriller is number 5 because of halloween.
    https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-MP3-…
  • yahtzee74
    3 years ago
    And Loza Alexander's Let's Go Brandon is number 4 on Amazon.
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    “ I’m ignoring him but I really expect more from shailynn he’s one of the brighter guys here.”

Just to clarify I was not supporting this pilots motive, I was mainly pointing how mainstream “let’s go Brandon” has become, and the majority of people chanting it don’t even know the origins of it, plus the AP reporters reaction was kind of funny. I personally hear things that offend me and are usually very inappropriate every week of my life and I don’t go nuts on others.

Today a saw a bumper sticker that said “free the political prisoners of Jan 6.” That made me laugh too.
  • WavvyCain
    3 years ago
    I’ve been seeing this Brandon shit a lot lately, I don’t get it though, what does it mean?
  • RandomMember
    3 years ago
    " I don’t get it though, what does it mean?"

I fly Southwest quite a bit and would prefer a pilot who doesn't troll the passengers. After the pilot runs out of unemployment insurance, he can continue to troll passengers as an Uber driver.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    @Wavvy

Contrary to RandumbMember's statement above, it has nothing to do with MAGA or Trump. That's just the go-to tactic of every left-wing moron these days. "But, but Trump... but Trump..."

A NASCAR driver named Brandon Something-or-other was being interviewed by an NBC reporter after winning a race. In the background you can hear very clearly a large group of NASCAR fans chanting FUCK JOE BI-DEN, FUCK JOE BID-EN... obviously unrelated to the Brandon guy who won the race. But the reporter tried to play it off as if the crowd was chanting LET'S GO BRAN-DON. So "Let's Go Brandon" has become a euphemism for "Fuck Joe Biden".

In addition to conveying one's antipathy to Joe Biden, it points out the blatant dishonesty of mainstream media. It's not even remotely possible that the reporter misheard what the crowd was saying. I guess she didn't expect the audio to be so clear on television.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axcmVFtw…
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    Let me guess, Jim Bob in seat 11C thought this meant he could punch the flight attendant when she told him to please keep his mask on.
  • how
    3 years ago
    Funniest pilot over the radio to the passengers was back in the 80s when one crew re-enacted the cockpit chatter from the movie "Airplane!"

As for "Let's Go Brandon," it is hilarious that the sports reporter inadvertently started the trend at the NASCAR race. But since it is now universally-understood code for a political comment, it would be better for pilots to not make political comments on the radio. Meanwhile, for citizens to chant that as they are spontaneously doing is a great thing.
  • doctorevil
    3 years ago
    Although I agree with the sentiment, I would prefer my pilots refrain from engaging in political sloganeering. I would also like it if the flight attendants did the same and stopped wearing the Black Lives Matter pins on their uniforms.
  • Lone_Wolf
    3 years ago
    I agree with C.M.I 100%. I want the pilot focused completely on safety and not distracted with some stupid BS.

Pilot should be coached, not disciplined, that this is inappropriate behavior.

For fucks sake do we really want a pilot this lacking in common sense.

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion