tuscl

How Many of You think strip clubbing is an Addiction?

whghIost
Georgia
Well, it is a hobby to me at first. It is definitely easier than try to score at a regular night club. I enjoy looking at beautiful nude bodies. Who does not? However, if you are going every week 2 to 3 times, it is becoming an unhealthy addiction. I am glad that my ATF recognizes that and probably did me a favor. I need to slow down and take a vacation from nude clubs. Although, I may do this starting next year. I don't know. It is hard to quit, especially those stressful days and lonely nights. I have been going to strip clubs for 15 years. However, I have noticed that I have going more frequently this year and 3 years ago. I have fallen twice for a dancer over the 15 years. My first dancer I have fallen for was Emily at Shooter's Alley. She was my first and I have several fond memories of her. She did eventually lived with me for 6 months. I have known her for 2 years. She was not perfect and have problems. I hope to see her one day and hope she is better. She need to leave her ex-boyfriend who is more trouble than not. My second dancer who I am in love is Paris. She does not know that I am in love with her. She will never know this, because I am ban from the club. I love her so much that I am willing to walk away. I had a few great memories of her. I was first captivated by her when she was working at Boomers. Then when I saw her at Oasis, I was happy to see her. When I had first had the chance to kiss her, it was a moment I cannot forget. Although, I was having feelings for another at time time, that moment was special. Paris helped me through tough moments of my life. I went through surgery and she helped me get over a girl. Now, I am looking for someone to help me get over Paris. Lane almost did that for me, but that did not work out either. Lane was fun, but it did not do much for me. I will miss Paris a great deal. I wish I could give her a mug from Germany. Maybe one day I could drive a corvette remodelled from the late 50s and go see her. Anyways, I will never see her or talk to her again. I will miss her a lot. She knows that I like her, but not fallen. Oh well, c'est la vie. So, am I addicted to strip clubbing or not? I am! I need to taper it off. Are you having an addiction to nude women?

29 comments

• ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    This topic has been discussed several times, but nothing wrong with renewing it for new people.

Like whghIost, my clubbing started out as a special occassion type thing, then became a hobby, and is now close to an addiction, if not alrady. I'll be the "second" to admit to this addiction.

I believe it can be unhealthy 'on the wallet' if one goes 3 to 4 times per week. It's probably a good thing I don't live near any really good strip clubs, or I could become 'sick' very quickly!

My addiction started when I first started attending The Tunica Cabaret, as I passed it on the way to work and on the way home from work. Unfortunately, after I became 'single' again, the addiction grew to about 2 to 3 visits a week, at times, not every week. But, you've got to take in consideration that most all the dancers knew me and knew what I enjoyed in the lines of EXTRAS, which were readily provided for anyone.

Now that Saint Ohio has tightened up their NO TOUCH laws in the state, I'll club a LOT less often and probably save some money for short road trips.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    It certainly can be but so can almost anything else that's done to excess. I never clubbed often enough to become addicted. I'm too cheap for that.
  • DougS
    17 years ago
    Yeah, I'd definitely say it's an addiction of mine. I think I'd addicted to pretty women, and it's not an addiction that I want to get over at this point.

I don't go to clubs that often, though it's not because I'm not wanting to - it's because of the distance (1.5 hr drive minimum to a club of any value). If I lived in Indianapolis, or Kokomo, I'd probably be divorced and living in a homeless shelter.

There's a good chance that I'm a sex addict, I suppose.

Bones: with the arrival of Saint Ohio, does that mean that you will be venturing west more often to the likes of BBF and HH?
  • minnow
    17 years ago
    I don't just "think", I know its an addiction!
  • evilcyn
    17 years ago
    Just to let you know, bones, we are still running things the same for now. Thank god LOL
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    My addiction is, to reliable sexual outlets. (Note that the final noun is plural.) I don't know if that actually makes me addicted to strip-club-going in and of itself, but I have no means of getting my hands on hot-looking women without paying for it. I have this fantasy, that if only I'd win the lottery or in some other manner suddenly become desirable to the women whom I desire, in a manner I've evidently never been in my life, then I'd be happy to leave strip-club-going behind, because I could replace it with a more fulfilling real-life type of interaction. I wonder how one DOES make oneself appealing to the women you want?
  • ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    DougS - You got that RIGHT! Indy & Kokomo will be my most frequented areas of clubbing from this point on, unless I can line myself up with previous favorites for private dances in their homes.

I'd consider Louisville, but those damn clubs love to hustle customers for expensive dancer drinks. Not my style.

Cyn - Thank God girl!!! I was beginning to wonder if 'we' would have to talk with 'you know who' to set up your lap dances outside the club! Be sure and let me know if things change, because I promised Ciara, Aleah, and Olivia longer visits to the champaigne room. I certainly hope you are bartending while the three of are in the room! :-)

• chandler
    17 years ago
    No question in my mind. It's too forceful and perilous to be called anything milder. In fact, it's so addictive, we've had to resort to borrowing the whoremonger's euphemism of "hobby".
  • David9999
    17 years ago
    "She knows that I like her, but not fallen."

Most dancers know when a guy has a thing for them - they sense the vibe
  • jablake
    17 years ago
    Hi Bookguy,

My 2 cents is you could always become a guy to be feared--you can be a runt that isn't a problem at all. It definitely works wonders. Also, dancer or not the women that I know young or old are looking for a very dominant man. (Perhaps I just know unusual women? :) Even the few normal women that I know tell me that is what they're looking for in addition to the guy having a good job!) Finally, I would also advise it is better to just be yourself even that isn't attracting women, and pay if necessary. I would much rather pay than have a "free" lover---much cheaper emotionally and financially.

I don't think the strip clubbing is necessarily an addiction. It is the paid relationships that are addicting. Different hot women at the club really isn't what I'm looking for--yes, it is very nice but as I've posted before I like to see the same hot women again and again.
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    I am an addict. My life revolves around my monthly 3 day trips to my favorite club and favorite dancers. 240 Miles away. Been doing it for almost 6 years. It is why I keep working. Money for strippers. I have reached full SS retirement and will be drawing $2100/month starting in November. The girls will be celebrating. lol...
  • David9999
    17 years ago
    "I wonder how one DOES make oneself appealing to the women you want?"

If its 9 or 10 level women you are looking for, many of these women have huge problems anyways - better off staying away

In general having lots of money helps -and that rachets up both confidence and the sense of authority and power. Now height, e.g over 6 ft and taller is a big plus, although I know Book Guy - you mentioned you don't have that, however you can become the guy women fear as someone just alluded to.

• jablake
    17 years ago

It isn't so much about making women afraid. A regular unappealing creep can do that. It is making the tough guy at the bar think twice before he crosses you. Not delaying in using force where it is called for. The main trick besides not taking a good beating, which normally isn't too bad anyway, is avoiding arrest. Well, actually that helps with women--but, I think it leads to all types of other problems.

As a youngster there was this wacked out old man with a couple of underage girls under his arms. I pointed him out to a buddy saying that is the way to be a senior citizen!!! My buddy says that is Mr. L's Dad. I say blank you. You looking to lose a few teeth? He says I'm serious. You know Mr. L is real bad news. We were both close to Mr. L only because he was the stepfather of friends, but you should never trust him or get too close or turn your back on him. Violence against Mr. L? Not a problem regardless of what some idiotic judge might think. The man was dangerous and if this wacked senior citizen was his Dad, I understood why. Turns out that, that was his Dad. Anyway, I learned the whole life history that his Dad had spent the vast majority of his life behind bars. And, that every day he was free he was breaking one law or another. He said his Dad was absolutely fearless and extremely proud. Wasn't afraid of dying, wasn't afraid of being beaten, wasn't afraid of being disfigured or crippled. And, furthermore that he was an excellent person to avoid. He said you boys know that I'm not afraid of very much. Dad, even at his age is a person to be feared. A good family reunion lasts 5 minutes or less with any luck. Heck, best if Dad don't come so things stay peaceful.

Getting away from the point of the story, the wacked out extremely dangerous old man didn't have any problem getting girls or women. HOT ONES. He paid a price that most people would probably not be willing to pay. BTW, he wasn't good looking and he was just normal size. He did have some real muscle from what I could see . . .

• jablake
    17 years ago

Mrs. L, a hottie, gave me a good shock. She said she wouldn't mind having the old man's child especially if the child was a male. She said she was very attracted to aggressive males. And, she didn't want any doubts about who was wearing the pants in the family. Her daughter was to die for hot. She was also very focused on tough guys. The daughter became a street walker and was with some blood thirsty pimp. It was funny her family considered me not violent enough for their daughter (his stepdaughter) and at the same time too violent. And, my lack of wealth was a HUGE negative. She listened to her family, which may have been the right decision.

• casualguy
    17 years ago
    I have a lot of competing addictions. Strip clubs, watching sci-fi, surfing the internet and reading different things, I used to be addicted to bicycling several hours each week and would also play golf. You just can't do everything. Lately it seems like I'm spending more and more time researching investments and trading opportunities. That seems like it could be fun and profitable at the same time. As somebody else said, I'm probably lucky there's not a good strip club down the road from me or I'd probably be stopping by a lot more instead of driving to one an hour or farther away once every week or two. Of course if my relatives visit or they have something going on, I spend time with them instead of going to the strip clubs. If I only visit a strip club 2 or 3 times a month, that's not that unusual. I once used to read books a lot before personal computers became common and I could afford one. Maybe addiction is too harsh a word. I call it a fun hobby. An addiction sounds like something that is causing trouble in your life and I don't think visiting strip clubs is causing me any trouble. It might be costing me a bit but that's what money is for. If a meteor hit the Earth next year and killed all of us, I would not regret the money I spent or the fun I had. I guess for myself, I would like to maximize the amount of entertainment and fun in my life within reasonable costs.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    I call an addiction something that is causing trouble in your life. For instance playing Ever crack err I mean Everquest -an online addictive game I read about, as much as possible while ignoring the spouse, family, friends, etc. and losing sleep and affecting your performance on the job as well. Doing something so much that you don't have enough money to pay your bills because you spent too much on your addiction. I read there is actually some kind of widows club for spouses of online game addicts. I read those are endless games that keep going on and on. I remember and really enjoyed getting into a new pc game but I always finished them after a week or so. I would go to work, then go home, eat, then get on the pc and play and play. Go to sleep, work, go home,eat, then play. Come the weekend if I hadn't finished it yet, I might stay up all night and into the morning. Catch a few hours, then get back on. Occasionally I might wonder think about satisfying a strong hunger pain from not eating. I'd take a minute break, hunt for something in the fridge, then eat it up and continue. Then I usually finished the game. Now that's what I call a fun addiction. I never tried Ever crack or other everlasting online games because I didn't think I had the time for them and didn't want to be that hooked.

I once used to play a board game called Axis and Allies with a couple of friends Friday night, all night Saturday night, and part of the day on Sunday. You know you're really into it if you're playing a game in a garage with the temperature below freezing all night long. Someone's wife once said if we were into our work that much, we'd be millionaires.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    Strip clubs get rather boring for me unless there's always a hot girl showing her stuff and that is not the case where I live. Of course other girls can strike up a conversation or keep you busy and often do in my case. I used to enjoy a good video or arcade game in the strip clubs but I don't see that anymore in the clubs I visit. For me that would provide an entertaining break while there wasn't much I wanted to see or I wanted to take a break from the normal strip club scene. I also enjoy the way a few beers seems to create a slow motion affect on everything but I can still think and move fast. Got a lot of high scores on arcade games that way. However if I had more than a few beers, I went downhill rather fast and became clumsy and slower. I think I actually halucinated one time due to lack of sleep and did see everything in slow motion. The major problem I had though was that my muscles were moving in slow motion too even though my mind was racing. That was weird because it lasted as long as I stayed awake. Ok, I'll stop rambling.
  • David9999
    17 years ago
    Ever notice how the television and print media continually runs sensational stories about women and their abusive and violent men in their lives, and never never asks the question IF WOMEN ARE SO TURNED OFF BY VIOLENT MEN - WHY AREN'T THESE GUYS SHUT OUT OF GETTING SEX

That brings up the the dirty little secret not discussed, a violent disposition in males can be a subconcious turnon for many women - which was obviously a key male survival skill during the human evolutionary phase
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    Agreed: dominant man = gets laid.
  • jablake
    17 years ago

I like looking at other cultures. To be a man in this one tribe the boy faced hardship. Nothing special there. What was interesting is his female relatives and friends would go through far worse hardship without all the rewards to encourage the boy to endure the hardship and be a "man." As I'm watching their game unfold I'm thinking if enduring hardship equals being a "man," then these female relatives and friends must be "men." To most outsiders the whole thing usually appears stupid and pointless. Well, you want some sex with those hotties of the tribe you better be prepare to play their game no matter how stupid or barbaric.

Let's say there was away around the idiocy? Give the girl a bunch of banannas, for example. She will give you sex, but have no respect for you. Which would you choose? The barbaric ritual with lots of blood rewarded with genuine affection and sex or just give the girl some banannas and have her pretend?

I CHOOSE THE LATTER EVERYTIME! That doesn't make it the correct choice. It is just my preference and there is nothing wrong, imo, with choosing the other option. It is just a game. Enjoy, if possible.

• DandyDan
    17 years ago
    I certainly think so, but you are bound to be addicted to something. It is just the nature of reality. I'm fortunate my job is evenings/overnights, or else I might go a lot more than I do. Then again, when I did work days, I didn't go any more or less than I do now.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    I work days, but I'm often busy in the evenings or tired and don't want to travel over an hour to visit a club. I probably would go more often if there was a good one just a few miles away.
  • MIDancer
    17 years ago
    "In general having lots of money helps -and that rachets up both confidence and the sense of authority and power. Now height, e.g over 6 ft and taller is a big plus, although I know Book Guy - you mentioned you don't have that, however you can become the guy women fear as someone just alluded to."

Huh? Maybe I'm a weirdo but I could care less about money or height. In descending order, what attracts me to men is the following:

1. Intelligence/Education
    2. Sense of humor
    3. Chared values/morals
    4. Shared interests
    5. Confidence
  • MIDancer
    17 years ago
    Excuse me, *shared* values/morals.
  • ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    You sound really cool MIDancer! Thanks for your posts.
  • David9999
    17 years ago
    "1. Intelligence/Education"

JD/MBA/LLM (top school) plus undergrad degree, and 2 bar memberships - never never would bring it up or previously had brought it up in a strip club context, as its irrelevant, however forgive me I couldn't resist responding to the "Huh" part - also given that the (obscene) amounts of money and height didn't do it. Guess I am on your list Baby

• MIDancer
    17 years ago
    Even *obscene* amounts of money doesn't do it for me. I mean, if the obscene amounts of money accompanies the aformentioned qualities that I posted above, than great! If not... oh well.

I should also clarify that if a man's confidence (listed quality #5) comes simply from his copious amounts of cash, I'm very, very unlikely to be attracted to him. I can't necessarily describe the type of confidence that I'm looking for without sinking into some sort of new-age, existentialist rhetoric, but I'm looking for *inner* confidence; something that comes from being smart, witty, morally-grounded and KNOWING it. Now THAT'S attractive.
  • MIDancer
    17 years ago
    Oh, and to Bones: No problem. :)
  • BamBam34
    17 years ago
    I guess im the lone wolf here since im only 20 and a college student. i guess it could be an addiction for you older guys but im assuming most of you go to strip clubs A LOT more often than i would ever consider. i have only been to 2 strip clubs in the past year and only went to both of them once. i think its an addiction if it gets to the point where you cant go to a normal nightclub or some kinda social place and strike up conversations with women. if you fit that description then you need to get some help. just my two cents though
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion