tuscl

$3,500 to watch a 3 hour baseball game

TheEckster
Wanna go clubbing?
Friday, August 13, 2021 2:40 AM
Ever see that movie Fields of Dreams? Well right now on FOX they have a special bball game between the White Sox and Yankees just steps from the old 1989 movie set in Iowa. They've been hyping this up for a week. And the announcers said tonight to attend this special game some tickets are running like around $3,500. Do you know how many lap dances you could get with that? Story - [view link] Video - [view link]

10 comments

• ElDuderino_AZ
    3 years ago
    I don't like either team, but if I had the extra cash, I'd have flown out there and dropped $3500 per ticket in a heartbeat.
  • wallanon
    3 years ago
    Funny thing about this. I'm in the VIP at a strip club today and there's a tv facing the couch I'm on. A dancer is getting herself comfortable on my lap and says, "Hey, is that Kevin Costner?" Me: "Yeah, looks like him." Her: "Isn't that a baseball game? Why'd they put him on a baseball game?" Me: "Maybe he's just dropping by the booth to say hi. Sometimes celebrities do that. They're probably asking him about that time he was in Field of Dreams." [Dancer gets blank, confused expression] Me: "There was this movie in the 80's where Kevin Costner built a baseball diamond in a cornfield and a bunch of ghosts showed up to play. So they're probably asking him about that baseball movie he did before Pumpkin was born." Her: "Way to call me out on that..." There was no sound and no closed captioning, so who knew that in 2021 baseball was so desperate for ideas they actually dusted off Field of Dreams just to confuse an entire generation of Pumpkins...
  • PredragDr
    3 years ago
    Not that bad for a major sporting event (Super Bowl is $10k+), but sounds a bit high for baseball (WS game 7 is usually <$1k). Hope MLB doesn't overdo it like the NHL did with outdoor games. The commish said one is already in the works for 2022.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    The way I calculate it, that is about 7 or 8 OTC dates. I'd rather spend that on the girls.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    According to CNN , Bleacher Report, and ESPN the tickets are &1400. Not the $3500. amount quoted by the OP.
  • mickey48066
    3 years ago
    I guess Iowa doesn't require a photo ID to vote and they let covid diseased illegals and house pets vote. Otherwise, it would have been pulled, just like the ASG.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    Way to promote baseball as an old fogey's game living in the past.
  • Tiburon
    3 years ago
    This is clearly for older folks because what is field of dreams
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    Great movie. But no way in hell I’m paying that
  • TheeOSU
    3 years ago
    $3,500 to watch a 3 hour baseball game is too much! Now if it was 3.5 hours it would be more in line.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion