tuscl

OT: Threads That You Skip on TUSCL

How often do you find yourself wanting to reply to a thread that was spawned by a troll, or maybe troll hijacked, but decided it probably wasn't worth it?

10 comments

• Tetradon
    3 years ago
    Only SJG threads. Everything else, no matter how troll-infested, falls under its own weight soon enough.

Threads posted over a year ago should be "archived" and responses closed.
  • wallanon
    3 years ago
    So I was looking at a thread today where there was arguing over blocking/banning IP addresses from TUSCL. I don't really have a position on that one way or another, but one side of the argument attempted to win by declaring IP addresses don't exist when "wifis" are being used. Before hiding the thread all I wanted to add was that IP addresses are still there even if the device is connected via wi-fi, but then I deleted the comment without posting it and hid the thread. Somebody else will come along and talk about it.
  • TheeOSU
    3 years ago
    "Threads posted over a year ago should be "archived" and responses closed."

A year is too long. Founder had a feature where threads locked after a shorter period, maybe it was 2 weeks(?) but guess who talked him out of it and ATM the discussions are flooded with his old and new spam! 60 days would be a better compromise than a year but a better feature would be that you can't bump your own thread more than 1 time if nobody else posted in it since the OP's post.
    And I have never done it with anyone but after that long hiatus now that it looks like the creep has returned to his pre pandemic flooding I am more tempted than ever to use ignore.

Regarding skips, with limited time I don't just skip replying I often skip reading several threads.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    I'm starting to use the HIDE a thread feature. Cleans things up quite nicely.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    The hide works well for me but making threads about hide and/or ignore feels like trolling to me
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    Interestingly, the thread referenced by wallanon was started by a serial troll from SCL, and it was desertscrub who wanted founder to ban his IP address. So, it was sort of the "Alien vs. Predator" of troll threads.

I hide all of SJG's old, continuously-bumped threads where it's just him talking to himself, as well the new threads he starts. I hide CJKent's threads.

I don't have anyone on "Ignore" because that tool is broken, as far as I'm concerned.
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    When the troll's and their feeders start in, I hide the topic.
  • TFP
    3 years ago
    It used to only be those SJG threads that he bumped just talking to himself. But now I guess I can add this Cedrick69/Sera1 character's threads as well. Dude's got some fucking issues.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    I keep forgetting the "hide thread" feature. That would make things better. Threads should definitely be locked after a period of inactivity, as opposed to age. If no one comments after anywhere from 4-8 weeks seems reasonable.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Most aren't worth it. Right wing politics and haggling with hookers
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion