tuscl

Question for Detroit Regulars re Paying for a Booth

EastCoaster
I strongly prefer women of color. Every color.
I will be making a return visit to Detroit in the fall and wanted to get some feedback about paying for a booth. I know Detroit is not the only city where this happens, but it seems to be more widespread in the Detroit area than anywhere else.

I certainly don’t mind spending money in a strip club, but after paying for parking, cover, drinks, and sometimes a mandatory VIP wristband, booth fees seems like the bogus ADP charges added to the sticker price of a new car (Additional Dealer Profit).

Usually, if I’m flying solo in a club, I’m happy just to grab a seat at the bar and rarely have a problem interacting with the dancers and negotiating for some private attention. Maybe I’m missing out on something. If I pay $20 for a booth, what, if any, are the advantages to me as a customer?

16 comments

• wallanon
    3 years ago
    I don't remember having to pay for a booth in Detroit, but if it's only $20 and it's "my" seat in a club I'll be in for a while I'd consider it. What I do remember about Detroit clubs was there's a lot of sales tactics dancers will try that I wouldn't be interested in at the bar where I'm a new face.
  • jackslash
    3 years ago
    A booth is $20 at the Flight Club. At the Landing Strip a booth is $20 at night but I think it is free during the day. I have seldom sat in a booth. That's because I'm cheap and I don't see any advantage to a booth. I sit at a table near the stage for free, giving me a good view and easy access to dancers I want to tip. I guess a booth gives you a more intimate experience with a dancer, but I find all the intimacy I need in VIP.
  • Electronman
    3 years ago
    The only advantage to a booth is that the dancer can cuddle up next to you. If she's handsy, that can be an enjoyable experience.
  • EastCoaster
    3 years ago
    Electronman, that's true, though cuddling and handsiness can also happen at the bar. I usually have my back to the bar and a dancer nestled between my legs.
  • wallanon
    3 years ago
    Flight Club and Landing Strip were clubs on my list the day I had to call an audible because a dancer I'd met at BT's a day or two before wanted to meet up. Didn't even get to Criket or Bogart's. Basically wiped the whole slate. If I ever get back to Detroit I'll be looking to give those places proper time. From what I remember I probably wouldn't drop $20 for a booth at Flight Club either, because that place had plenty of seating and it didn't even cross my mind. But I wasn't there that long.
  • From978
    3 years ago
    I have never been to a club in Detroit, but if it were me, i would pick a dancer I liked, and ask her if it was worth my while to get the booth.

If she doesn't offer to make it worth your while, I would be very surprised.
  • Longball300
    3 years ago
    I think it's totally worth it even if they are not always the most comfortable seating. Like someone already said it gives you a chance to get close to a dancer giving you a big indication what she is going to be like in VIP. She knows you're not afraid to spend a little xtra money; bees to the honey. Gives you a home base and a place to sit when clubs are crowded. Also depending on the club set-up you get a good read on the entire rotation of dancers and makes it easy to tip them.

@ EastCoast; Read my Flight Club reviews where I point this out. Trust that you will be spending a lot of your time there while in The D.
  • DrStab
    3 years ago
    I always sit at the bar, or a nearby table. Paying for a booth does not fit on my ROI spreadsheet. But most of my trips are short - an hour or maybe a little more.
  • Htxx
    3 years ago
    I never sit at a booth as I only want to get my rocks off and then get the fuck out of there. I don’t understand fellow mongers who do pay for a booth but to each their own I guess
  • herbtcat
    3 years ago
    @EastCoaster...

"Nestled." That's my second favorite word when I'm in a strip club.

May favorite word is "moist."

• mickey48066
    3 years ago
    There really is no "advantage" to getting a booth as a spot at the bar will serve its purpose. If you order dinner while you're there, it is nice to have the elbow room.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    I'm no Detroit expert. Only been there once for 3 days. Went to 4 different clubs in that time. I had read about the booths before I went and got one each time I went into a club. The small cost brought me all kinds of fun. The girls were real handsy in the booths. I would equate it to like being a fiche drink in Hong Kong, Tijuana. I went to Flight Club, Subi's and Landing Strip.
  • EastCoaster
    3 years ago
    I will say that I had a fantastic experience with two girls simultaneously in a booth at Subi's on a Friday afternoon back in 2018 (see https://tuscl.net/review.php?id=337546), and there was no afternoon booth charge. When I returned on Saturday night, all the booths had "reserved" signs on them, cost $20, and they were all empty. I got probably the last seat at the bar, and it was definitely not the same experience. At that point (it was 8:30), if I had paid for a booth, I would have been the only one at a booth and all eyes from the bar would have been on me and any girl I was getting handsy with. Later in the evening, with a full house, it might have been worth it, but I'm not sure I would have had two girls simultaneously demonstrating why each was worthy of my continued attention in the VIP.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    I don't have firsthand knowledge – I assume the booths are worth it for those that like spending time w/ dancers on the floor vs getting straight to VIP business – depending on the booth setups they may provide a bit more privacy with a dancer while one is sitting on the floor – could also be that dancers may give priority to the booth-guys and seeing them as more willing to spend (i.e. a booth-guy may get more dancers stopping by?) – I’d assume booth-seating is not necessarily a must but all things being equal may provide some advantages – one also needs to take into account that booth-prices at night and post-Covid may have gone up in some clubs (or be more expensive depending on the night; e.g. Fr/Sat eves costing more; etc?).
  • Subraman
    3 years ago
    Not having any idea what Detroit clubs are like, I went right where Papi went. In particular, I know when I can get a booth where we're covered at least partially by the seatback and table, there can be some serious groping going on even under the eyes of the cameras and bouncers. Even in SF's most militantly low-contact clubs, I've had a stripper sit on my hand and let me explore her holeses and preciouses. For $20 that by itself would be a no-brainer, especially since I like a lot of social time at the table before I take her in the back. Although in high volume extras clubs, I find myself less enthused about the socializing
  • Longball300
    3 years ago
    EastCoast; After re-reading your Subi's review it would seem to me you already have your answer. All I can add is that I have had similar experiences in booths at BT's, TLS and the spot I mention on the upper right side of the satellite stage at FC. Only issue there is that booth may cost you $40 on a weekend night... still worth it if you are not a wham bam and plan to stay for a couple hours.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion