tuscl

What kind of PPE you guys wearing now a days?

Now that it seems to be cooling I’ve scaled back somewhat. I’m currently doing only two pairs of gloves, regular blue mask under my N-95 resperitor and my visor/helmet ofcourse. I’m going for a blend of hunting for E.T. with an everyman sensibility sort of thing going on right now.

24 comments

• Muddy
    3 years ago
    And the wonderful thing is, the women are still respecting social distancing. They’ll give me more than the 30 feet I need, and anytime I try to engage in conversation they will quite literally sprint the other way and give me 100’s of yards until sometimes I can’t even see them anymore. So when your on that same page it really keeps everyone safe, and that’s a great thing
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Are you sure it’s social distancing, not backing away in fear of that Jason-Freddy vibe you’re giving off
  • Heellover
    3 years ago
    I still wear a hockey mask, heavy padded gloves for yard work, tattered flannel (even in the AZ extreme heat), jeans with rips and steel toed workman boots. People look at me funny. Perhaps because of the mask since others seem to have slightly different masks or no mask?
    But at least they stay away.
  • gSteph
    3 years ago
    A lot lotta sunscreen, it's 105 and climbing here in moderate climate Eugene/Springfield. Probably break the all time record in the next couple hours.
  • NJBalla
    3 years ago
    These days Im pretty casual. Dont wear anything but a sock on my dick. Gets some stairs at my CVS but no glances at walmart. Maybe I should wear a pink one for more attention? Is it breast cancer month yet?
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    I wear a condom when I don't know the girl real well. Does that count ?
  • blahblahblah23
    3 years ago
    I wear a space suit every time I leave the house cuz I'm scared of everything especially covid
  • SanchoRG
    3 years ago
    I wear a mask still because I like the semi-anonymity it gives me in public. Big Brother has no right to track me via facial recognition. This ain't the UK yet. Probably only a matter of time before we go to "no masks allowed, smile for the CCTV" signs
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    I don't want to get too deeply into the politics behind the January 6 riots at the Capitol Building, but it occurred to me while I was watching it on TV that the people breaking in the doors and windows at the Capitol Building maybe should have been a bit more pro-mask on that one day.

Just that one day...
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    I just wear my Allgemeine Schutzstaffel hazmat suit from Wolfenstein.

https://tuscl.net/photo.php?id=8216

:D
  • blahblahblah23
    3 years ago
    I know that some people like to wear the masks still to shoplift... LOL but they aren't worried about the covid hahahaha
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Fuck the covid precautions, it was all just a mind fuck.

SJG
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    ^^^ I'm not taking medical advice or strip club advice from a guy who couldn't access the internet for a whole year when the public library shut down.
  • wallanon
    3 years ago
    One of the few positives to the whole clean all the things obsession over the past year is being able to use hand sanitizer whenever the mood strikes at a club and no one gets offended.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I don't even keep a mask in my pocket anymore. If I went into a place that objected to my smiling face, I'd leave.
  • goodyman
    3 years ago
    ^ same, now I do wash hands a lot more and use spray hand sanitizer in the car but that's it. I didn't bitch about it like some folks but truly hated wearing a mask. Don't know why it got to me so much
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    I still keep an N95 mask in the car. Depending on where I'm going, I might keep a mask on me and, if nothing else, I always have a bandana in my pocket.

I work with a few people who have compromised immune systems or other conditions that make it a little more dangerous if they get sick (from Covid or anything else). One of the few benefits from Covid is that it normalized mask wearing for those who probably should have been wearing a mask even before Covid. So, those people are no longer self conscious about wearing a mask in public. Of those people, there's a percentage who ask that others wear masks if they have them, usually for meetings or other gatherings in enclosed spaces. Others do not. It's not a big deal for me to keep a mask in my shirt pocket, just in case.

I haven't encountered a shop that continues to require masks. If I did, I'd put one on. It's less than a couple of ounces of fabric on my face. Of course, if someone opts to not go into that shop, that's fine. I don't get worked up over it either way.
  • Uprightcitizen
    3 years ago
    I'm raw dogging the air. Nothing feels better!
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    I did not get two shots and 36 hours of COVID lite to continue wearing a mask.

Nevertheless, I do keep a few cloth masks in my truck in case I go someplace where it is required. We also require masks at work because, like Ishmael, we work with many autoimmune diseases and immune compromised people.

Otherwise, fuck no and fuck you if you don't like it.
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    I'm 79 1/2 with underlying conditions. I got fully vaccinated in March and have not worn a mask except when required to and lately that has only been to my doctors office. I do still keep a mask in the car and I have more at home. I am shocked to still see people wearing them that are not required to. My bank and grocery store still has most employees wearing them. I got my hair cut yesterday and nobody was wearing.

I feel sorry for those people that are too scared or too ignorant to wear masks out doors or driving their cars. SMH!
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    "I am shocked to still see people wearing them that are not required to."

I'm not, although I'm not seeing a lot of that. In parts of Asia, mask wearing wasn't uncommon in a lot of areas even before Covid. This is particularly true in places where there's a lot of pollution along with higher population densities. There are people out there who, even if they don't have compromised immune systems, prefer to not get sick as often. So, they're choosing to wear a mask. It's fine; it's a personal choice.

And yeah, there are people who I think are a bit paranoid about it all. Regarding drivers, though, I had a conversation with friends where several admitted that they sometimes forgot to take off their mask after they got in the car. Others stated that if they were making several stops in a row in a short distance, they just left their masks on rather than repeatedly take it on or off. So, I'm not sure that everyone you see driving with a mask on is by default overly fearful.
  • NJBalla
    3 years ago
    Actually a mask and sunglasses would be a good way to hide your expressions as you gaze at all the nice tail this summer. Amazing how so many women kept in shape
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    all the precautions were supposed to do was to slow the spread of the virus. It became a mind fuck when people started to believe that the precautions were protecting them,and that the objective was to choke the virus off.

https://tuscl.net/discussion.php?id=7617…

SJG
  • Conundrum
    3 years ago
    Wearing my limited edition Walter White yellow hazmat suit.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion