tuscl

To Nakita

grand1511
Euphoria
Wednesday, June 23, 2021 6:36 PM
Lurking around Facebook today I found out that my ATF dancer passed away last week. Hadn't seen her in at least a couple years. Her time at the club was getting less and less frequent and then the club closed not long after. She was dealing with some long-term health problem that was impacting her diet and metabolism and the last few times I saw her, the usually vigorous dances were, well, losing their vigor.

I'd been getting dances from her for longer than I'd realized until I stopped to do the math today. She was the most aggressive and dominant dancer I've ever encountered in Minneapolis. But beyond that Nakita was also closest thing to a friend I've had among dancers. Especially when she switched to working the slower day shifts, she'd be more than happy to sit back and chat about practically anything, of course all the while knowing we'd be heading up to the VIP for at least a half hour. She understood the business adage that it's more worthwhile to keep a good customer than to try to attract new ones.

As her health declined, she would sometimes text me to not come to the club as she was home ill. She didn't want to reveal what exactly was wrong. I respected those boundaries. But what I feel badly about was not ever straight out telling her she was the best.

If you're lifting a glass and at a loss for what to toast this week, lift one for Nakita.

13 comments

• Huntsman
    3 years ago
    Sorry to hear, Grand. I know she was truly your fav. RIP Nakita.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Very sad to pass away at a young age with a lot of life left to live - how old was she?
  • grand1511
    3 years ago
    I'd say Nakita was upper 30s at least. Has a son who just graduated high school a year ago.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    I'm very sorry. RIP Nakita.
  • Lone_Wolf
    3 years ago
    That's heartbreaking. So young.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Im sorry for your loss. Keep her memory alive although when you lose someone its the happy memories that hurt the most.
  • jackslash
    3 years ago
    I'm sorry to hear of her passing away.
  • whodey
    3 years ago
    My condolences on your loss.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    Rest In Peace
  • LuckyD1
    3 years ago
    RIP
  • ATACdawg
    3 years ago
    Sorry for your loss. I suffered a similar one a few weeks ago, and it is a hard thing.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    May she Rest In Peace. I’m sorry for your loss. It’s sad to hear of a life lost at such a young age.
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    Oh Nakita you will never know, anything about my home
    I'll never know how good it feels to hold you
    Nakita I need you so
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion