tuscl

What is the difference between F-Buddy, Friends with Benefits and Girlfriend?

PS: I don't mean to offend anyone, I only ask since you guys give insightful answers.

Imagine, you are only looking for fun and not share your personal life..etc.

12 comments

• Tetradon
    3 years ago
    Fuck buddy = You have a penis, she has a vagina, you meet up to bring them together. Little time spent together outside of sex. Not exclusive.

Friend with benefits = You like spending time together, going out to dinner or movies or hiking, but when you're both horny and available, you fuck. No one is trying to move it to a relationship. Inherently unstable, in that one partner seems to always change and want a relationship, or find one elsewhere. Not exclusive.

(I'll add this one) Dating = You are testing them out as a romantic partner, doing the same activities as an FWB but both parties are open to eventually making it a relationship. Not exclusive, you can date many people at once.

Girlfriend (aka relationship)* = You are in a "trial run" for marriage and seeing what a life together looks like. You are spending substantial amounts of time together, meeting each others' friends and families, and of course having regular sex. Exclusive, and for me that means putting most SCing and all extras on the shelf.

*I am old school, I don't do poly relationships, swinging, ethical non-monogamy, MLTRs, etc
  • lurkingdog
    3 years ago
    Great responses, tetradon
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    F buddy is sex only; friends with benefits is fucking someone u like to hang out with; girlfriend is someone you enjoy sex with, hanging out and are willing to play by agreed upon rules, whatever they may be.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    ^ Great, concise, clear.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    In practice the only difference between a fb fwb and a gf is the level of commitment you're openly willing to admit. Even then it doesn't mean you're the only one or not. Its all about convenience and toxic shit nowadays
  • gobstopper007
    3 years ago
    FB - wham, bam, see ya later
    FWB - dinner before
    GF - breakfast next morning
  • datinman
    3 years ago
    FB - you are borrowing the pussy.
    FWB - you are renting the pussy.
    GF - you are leasing the pussy.
    Wife - you have decided to purchase the pussy for half your assets.
  • rattdog
    3 years ago
    there really is no difference. fwb's and fuck buddies are just minor, smaller sub-sections of a bf/gf relationship.

• Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    The difference is that you need to go outside and talk to people.
  • theeastcoast757
    3 years ago
    The first 2 are pretty much the same
  • BumHip
    3 years ago
    Time
  • JamesSD
    3 years ago
    The difference between Fuck Buddy and FWB is theoretically the Friends part. Would you go to a birthday party with their other friends? If not you are fuck buddies. FWB often are friends first.

Girlfriend implies emotional connection beyond friendship.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion