tuscl

Super Bowl Party?

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
For the past 20+ years, I have bought a square at a sports bar for a closed party to watch the game along with my friends. Every year except for one when 2 guys in the group had to be out of town for work so the remaining 2 guys and I just had a get together at my house.

This year I’m going at it alone at my house. Pretty fucking depressing. My wife just cares about the half time show so I’ll be watching alone. I was just gonna order a lot of pizza and sulk but I figured that will be a disaster, I’ve never ordered pizza on a super bowl game day, so I’ll just make my own and probably have some wine or bourbon, or maybe both.

What are you PLs doing?

14 comments

• loper
    4 years ago
    Hopefully going to a strip club.
  • Musterd21
    4 years ago
    Bourbon or vodka would be my choice.
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    I'm in Tampa this week. I"m hearing that a nose-bleed ticket to the game will cost me around $8,600. I think I"ll sit at home and watch it on TV.
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    Hell yeah Warrior now you can join our “running the muthafuckin scene” crew

And Shai I’m with you I might just raise the white flag 🏳 this year
  • shailynn
    4 years ago
    ^^^^ yeah my buddy invited me over and he has a nice set up to watch the game, but he also has 2 kids under 6 and I'm sure his skank ass wife will have her friends over with more little kids, no thanks. I prefer to regret who ever I bet on during the game in peace.
  • Huntsman
    4 years ago
    I retired from elaborate super bowl parties a number of years ago. Now, I cook up some good food, have a beer, enjoy the game and call it a season. All from home these days. Boring, I realize, but at least my head doesn’t feel like it’s in a race with my bowels to explode the next day.
  • jackslash
    4 years ago
    I'm going to buy some Tubby's submarines (a Detroit favorite) and watch the Super Bowl at home with my stripper friend. Shailynn, you should try this.
  • Greanbeans
    4 years ago
    Gonna zoom with a couple of buds.
    Making smoked ribs, brisket, baked beans, slaw, caesar salad, nachos.
    Drinks- cuba libres, bourbon n coke, finish with scotch.
    Dessert - chocolate gelato n a bad ass old fashioned with my marinated cherries. Marinated in bourbon, chocolate & orange bitters.
    @shailynn its ok for this year. I usually, like you, go to or host super bowl parties. Even warrior games, being in the Bay Area, we get together. Just gonna hang back a bit this year.
    One of my friends is hosting at his house. BYO everything. 6-10 feet apart in his backyard. But imma zoom in
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    He's just now finding out about it but I'm zooming over to Greanbeans' house, in person! :D

Going back a couple years the tradition was I'd have 2 or 3 buddies over to eat drink and watch the game since I always had the bigger better TV but 1 of them has passed and another and myself have gone seperate ways so last year I passed on an invite to a SB party and just watched by myself at home.
    Same thing this year.
  • ATACdawg
    4 years ago
    @jackslash: Did you just miss the part about shailynn's wife being home, or were you really trying to get him killed? 😵🤪😷
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    We plan on sitting in a bar where we are skiing and watching our bet on the Chiefs and our 5 entries in squares. Our first pull was afc 2/nfc 6, so we'll continue our 27 years in row losing tradition easily.
  • Mate27
    4 years ago
    Family for brunch and then sit at home on the couch hoping to take a nap during the Waste Mabagement Open to see who this years winner is. When I awake from my slumber it should be about halftime so I can catch the performance before eating something to wind down the final quarter, if the kids let me do it in peace.
  • Longball300
    4 years ago
    At home, on the 60" listening with the newly upgraded surround sound system. Maybe cook up some Italian sausage sammies with a big bag of those addictive Cape Cod kettle chips... BEER!
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    I was thinking about inviting folks over - to watch outdoors on my patio - with heaters. But I think it will be too cold - and too weird too.

I was thinking of using the snow to make walls around the patio - as folks might get a kick out of the setup.

But I will likely be enjoying the game solo.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion