Are we approaching decriminalization/legalization

SuperDude
Detroit, Michigan
Thursday, January 14, 2021 8:48 PM
This could make extras legal. [view link]

16 comments

• Electronman
    3 years ago
    Hear, hear! The government should have NO involvement in any sexual activities between CONSENTING adults. Now, let's hope this is the start of a national movement. However, I would expect push back from the evangelical Christians. But maybe they'll be busy and distracted while they try to justify their support for a President who seemed to violate so many Christian morals.
  • Longball300
    3 years ago
    Bout time they realize what's up in the Detroit area clubs and just let people do what they do...
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    The best strip clubs seem to be in red/purple states and the most useless in blue. Never let a fact get in the way of your beliefs _ Bernie (Kapos) Sanders.
  • Electronman
    3 years ago
    Skibum. Why is this a red versus blue issue? Can you read? This came from Washtenaw County, Michigan which voted heavily for Biden. The prosecutor previous worked with Ruth Bader Ginsburg. I don't know what you do for a living but I hope it does not rely on honesty and truth-telling for success. I encourage you to quit trying to paint the world into a red versus blue dichotomy and focus on the issues.
  • Eve
    3 years ago
    Trips to Michigan are going to start skyrocketing soon.
  • dirtyburt
    3 years ago
    Was there last week .......haha. Had OTC fun.
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    When an extras-friendly club gets closed, seems like its usually because some license or permit they need to operate gets pulled, not a prostitution bust.
  • georgmicrodong
    3 years ago
    Once again, this is a *prosecutor* deciding not to pursue prosecution. It's not decriminalization. It's still against the law, and he can still charge if he wants, for instance to pile on other charges in the hopes of making something stick. If he gets booted from office, there's no guarantee his replacement won't start up again. Even worse, the replacement might go back and decided to prosecute the past infractions. Not likely, I admit, since it's a misdemeanor in most places, but still possible. Also, the legislature could pass an ordinance or law that takes the choice away from him. After all, he's forgoing revenue (which is the real reason for most crimes of this nature being illegal in the first place) while affects the city's budget. Don't get your hopes up; actual decriminalization takes an act of the relevant legislature, and that's political anathema in most jurisdictions, even liberal ones. My hope is that these types of things are something of a "trial balloon" with the legislature watching to see what happens, and then maybe acting.
  • BumHip
    3 years ago
    Skibum, Vegas, L.A., San Fran, Detroit, Atlanta, and Philly are all in Blue states. Read some of their reviews and you will see you may have YOUR "facts" wrong.
  • docsavage
    3 years ago
    Sex is an anomaly in that it is the one thing where it is illegal to sell but legal to give away for free. I don't think I would want a hooker standing on the sidewalk in front of my house plying her trade but discreet paid sex between consenting adults should be allowed. Vice laws should also reflect local values. I've made about 500 strip club visits in Indiana and have never seen anyone arrested in a club for prostitution. Does that happen in other states? I have heard about girls doing illegal activities in the club. I've also heard about girls getting fired for this but that is usually a case where they were doing it too openly.
  • skinnywhiteboy
    3 years ago
    I could see a lot of Blue states doing this as long as they can tax it. Blue states are going to be in a huge hole from the loss of tax revenue from shutting down so hard.
  • Erragal
    3 years ago
    New York just decriminalized it. [view link]
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    I wonder how this will trickle down? More women on street corners? More websites like the old Backpage w/o LE going after them? Brothels allowed to operate w/o having to hide what they do?
  • SuperDude
    3 years ago
    I'm old enough to remember when possession of marijuana was a felony punishable up to a five year prison sentence in Michigan. Now the state will give you a license to grow and sell weed, within certain restrictions. Sex work will become decriminalized within the next ten years. Consenting adults will demand it and politicians who hire hookers cannot vote against it without facing the possibility of being outed.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    In some form or fashion, I believe it will be decriminalized or fully legalized somewhere in the U.S. within 5 to 10 years (outside of Nevada). After that, it will probably be a slow domino effect similar to what is happening with pot. We're starting to see the primary moves to do so right now. jAnd, the charge will likely be led by female legislators, as it's almost impossible for male politicians to be for relaxing sex work laws without getting a lot of rumor-mongering and scrutiny. Street walking will likely remain illegal to some degree for a good long while, as it's often seen as a public nuisance.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Prostitution falls under labor laws. Any path towards legalization will be long. Decriminalization helps victims of addiction and human trafficking. But those of you in this forum need to know soliciting is still criminalized with it
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion