tuscl

Presidential Update

mark94
Arizona
Tuesday, December 8, 2020 8:14 AM
There were 2 paths that Trump had to stop the steal. Either through the Supreme Court or State Legislatures. Well, Republican legislators have revealed themselves as spineless members of the Deep State. They have refused to officially look at the evidence. There will be a day of reckoning for them but, for now, no joy. Now, it’s up to the Supreme Court. Several legal actions will reach the SC this week, including a surprising action filed with them today by the State ( Republic) of Texas. “Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton today filed a lawsuit against Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin in the United States Supreme Court. The four states exploited the COVID-19 pandemic to justify ignoring federal and state election laws and unlawfully enacting last-minute changes, thus skewing the results of the 2020 General Election. The battleground states flooded their people with unlawful ballot applications and ballots while ignoring statutory requirements as to how they were received, evaluated and counted.” If the SC agrees with Texas, it would invalidate the Biden electors in those states, effectively giving Trump a win. We should know the result within the next week.

81 comments

• twentyfive
    4 years ago
    #STOPTHESTUPID
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    All that needs to happen is they get Biden down under 270. If neither candidate has the required 270, then the election will be decided in the House, which would all but guarantee a Trump victory.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    #STOPTHESTUPID
  • Salty.Nutz
    4 years ago
    Trump is fundraising before he leaves office.
  • joker44
    4 years ago
  • Casself5
    4 years ago
    Mr. Mark94, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    4 years ago
    Biden won the election. But keep the trump train momentum going. Trump McConnell 2024 🤣🤣🤣🤡
  • Mate27
    4 years ago
    ^^^ they’ll both be dead by then.
  • joker44
    4 years ago
    Today is "Safe Harbor" day in the election cycle, so........ "President Donald Trump’s effort to snatch a second term through a series of state and federal court challenges has been flaming out for weeks. Now, the calendar has all but extinguished it. Dec. 8 is the so-called “safe harbor” date for the presidential election, a milestone established in federal law for states to conclude any disputes over the results. Trump’s failure to gain traction in litigation, with his lawyers and allies failing to block crucial states from declaring Joe Biden the winner, means the safe harbor deadline stands as another potentially insurmountable reason for the courts to decline to intervene." [view link] "All US states except Wisconsin appear to have met a deadline under federal law to resolve disputes arising from the November 3 presidential election, thereby ensuring Joe Biden’s victory, the Associated Press reports. Tuesday is the so-called safe harbor deadline for states to resolve disputes arising from the election. Under US law, Congress will consider a state’s election result to be “conclusive” if it is finalized by the safe harbor date. Other than Wisconsin, every state appears to have met the deadline, which essentially means Congress has to accept the electoral votes that will be cast next week and sent to the Capitol for counting on January 6." [view link] "The Electoral College is a creation of the Constitution but Congress sets the date for federal elections and, in the case of the presidency, determines when presidential electors gather in state capitals to vote. In 2020 that date will be December 14. But Congress also set another deadline, six days before electors meet [Today], to insulate state results from being challenged in Congress. By day’s end on December 14, every state is expected to have made its election results official, awarding 306 electoral votes to Biden and 232 to President Donald Trump." [view link] More reality rub-in fpr Magatard Nation 😃😃
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    So the legal theory here is that four states created such easy ways to commit election fraud that it resulted in no actual proven cases of fraud despite multiple recounts and 40 lawsuits? And for that we should give the election to the guy who got less votes? Got it. 9-0
  • joker44
    4 years ago
    Biden won the election. But keep the trump train momentum going. Trump McConnell 2024 ???????? ^^^ they’ll both be dead by then. In the past McConnell has made it clear he has no interest in running for prez; doubt he would settle for vice-, especially if he had to put up with a defective like Trump at close range. However, either of these options works for me: [view link]
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    There is lots of evidence of fraud. For example, over 1,000 affidavits from eye witnesses to fraud, swearing to it under oath. Most of these affidavits have already been submitted to various courts but, obviously, there hasn’t been time to find anyone criminally guilty. The claim is that the way the election was run in these 4 states was not consistent with how the process is specified under federal law and the State constitution. For example, the Pennsylvania constitution specifies that only ballots received by Election Day are to be counted. The people running the election in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh simply ignored this requirement. They had no authority to do that.
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    Texas is not allowed to tell Wisconsin Michigan Pennsylvania and Georgia how to cast their electoral votes. Next case.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    A handful of poll workers in a few blue cities blatantly ignored State and Federal law to steal the Presidential election. In doing so, they deprived voters in Texas, and elsewhere, from having their vote count. Damn straight, Texas has legal standing.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    #STOPTHESTUPID
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    Whatever. We’ll know in a few days.
  • Uprightcitizen
    4 years ago
    Lol, a pointless lawsuit. Paxton is under criminal investigation by the FBI. He likey just wants one of those Pardon thingies like Blagojevich. Reverse swamp draining in effect.
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    "Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it" If you actually heard something while reading his comments, my money is on other existing reasons for the voices in your head.
  • londonguy
    4 years ago
    I have not read or heard of any allegations about votes for Trump being suspicious or fraudulent, is that because Trump supporters wouldn't be able to carry out such acts? Who is trying to 'steal' the result, Biden or Trump.
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    It's Harry and Meghan.
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    "Who is trying to 'steal' the result, Biden or Trump." This is the world right now wondering WTF is going on...
  • joker44
    4 years ago
  • PutaTester
    4 years ago
    Turnip and the swamp people will keep the claims going until 1/20 and likely beyond. He and the RNC are making millions on donations made by "true believers." Kinda like the evangelists, send me enough money and I will guarantee that you will go to heaven after you are dead. If you don't, let me know personally and I will give you your money back. Just make sure that you send me enough money. FYI, you have not yet sent me enough money. Dig deeper. Skip a few meals. Heaven awaits. Follow my teachings and you will probably get there sooner.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    The Supremes just ruled against you Mark, all that's left is for you to hope those magical beans that Giuliani was eating to make him fart in open court work for y'all
  • joker44
    4 years ago
    And to rub it in: "The United States Supreme Court is refusing to intervene on a petition for injunctive relief relating to the Pennsylvania election results. The news came Tuesday afternoon after Justice Samuel Alito requested Pennsylvania file a brief on the matter. The state urged the court not to involve itself in President Donald Trump’s election nonsense." Article notes no dissents to refusal were made public [view link]
  • londonguy
    4 years ago
    Maybe Trump will go a few years thinking he has won, a bit like some Japs thinking WW2 was still going after 1945? Shadow, those two are the least popular royals in modern times.
  • joker44
    4 years ago
  • joker44
    4 years ago
    Supporters of President Donald Trump believed that conservative Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito would save the presidency from President-elect Joe Biden based on a series of false “voter fraud” claims. While Alito was the one who dismissed the claims, he did so without dispute from other conservative justices, including Clarence Thomas and the three justices Trump appointed to the High Court. "Some clung to the possibility that they could win a new case where Texas filed a suit against multiple other states for their election results. It’s all part of Trump’s plan, they said." [view link]
  • sclvr5005
    4 years ago
    Looks like mark94 will need a new cause to promote now. But I'm sure even a deposed Trump will give his bleating sheep followers plenty more conspiracy based nonsense to keep them busy.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    Seven states just joined the Texas Lawsuit. It looks like that’s the big one. I expect the SC to refuse to hear the other case appeals coming out of the State Courts, as it did with Pennsylvania today.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    Oh, and the Texas case has been put on the docket by the SC. They will hear arguments and rule.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    You know what, none of us knows whether this was outright fraud or just some weird paradox where a guy (Obama) pisses everybody off so much that they elect an otherwise unelectable guy like Trump. Then Trump surprises everyone, even the people who held their nose and voted for him, and some who didn't vote for him at all, and actually brings this country closer to the greatness we had been accustomed to in the past. Then he loses, by a lot. But the Dems lose badly in the House and the Senate will stay the same by a razor margin. Yeah, okay. I don't believe any of it. I think somebody bigger than "Republicans" or "Democrats" is pulling the strings. Here's what I mean. Anything is possible with modern technology, and it will eventually lead to the end of humanity as we know it. Humans weren't designed to advance at the rate we've been going lately. Point in case: The wheel was invented in 4500 BC and it was a "potter's wheel" meaning it spun horizontally and was used for making clay pots. It wasn't until about 1200 years later that some genius figured out if you stand it up, you can roll heavy objects on it. Gunpowder was invented sometime in the 9th century. Not until 1794 did we see the combustion engine. Then in 1957 the electronic calculator. (10 years before I was born, but some of you fellas might have been around.) Since then our lives have become almost completely dependent upon computers, and now it's being reported that "gene editing" is being used to make soldiers stronger. Think about that. It's like a paper towel that's thrown out of an airplane, floats down gracefully for 20,000 feet, then goes through a rain storm, balls up into a clump and begins falling as fast as a rock. That's where technology has gotten us. 30 years ago these arguments we're having on TUSCL would have been done in person at a town meeting, or in school, or at a social gathering. Now it's all anonymous, me against you, how many likes will I get, and how do I know if my vote was counted, or anybody else's vote for that matter? Some things need to be done the old fashioned way or it just can't be trusted. I don't trust shit anymore.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    The old fashioned way. I’m not sure Julius Caesar would agree. Or, Charles I. Or, Cleopatra. Or, the Romanoffs..... You get my point.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    Well, I do trust the Mossberg I keep next to my bed.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    Things are moving fast. Pennsylvania has until Thursday to respond and then the Justices will decide if they want to hear the case.
  • sclvr5005
    4 years ago
    Things are moving fast alright. States can't throw out all of the ridiculous Trump lawsuits fast enough!
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    If Biden is President, it’s a given that he will try to expand the Supreme Court, taking away power and privilege from the current Justices. The only way to stop that seems to be if 5 of 9 Justices vote in favor of Texas. They wouldn’t consider that in making their decision, would they ?
  • sclvr5005
    4 years ago
    You don't have to worry about it mark94 because it will never get that far. When Biden is President he'll do what he feels he needs to do for many issues. If he has any interest in expanding the SCOTUS it probably won't be until much later in his presidency. He's got his hands full right now trying to right the ship that your hero has been trying to sink for the last 4 years.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    I don’t know how the Supreme Court will rule on the Texas lawsuit but I’m ready to go on with life either way. I’ll be pissed if Biden becomes President but life will go on. All the denial seems to be on the Biden side. All the Biden news sources have assured their audience that there is zero chance that Biden ( excuse me, that’s President Elect Biden ) can be denied. That just isn’t true.
  • sclvr5005
    4 years ago
    And the Trump side is doing the same thing, promoting only their news sources and their claims of massive fraud, assuring their legions that they will ultimately win. There are no innocent parties here. Although I am obviously no fan of Trump, I try to read as much centrist political information as possible so as not to be soon fed only one POV. And so far even the centrist reports are staying that Trump is fighting a losing battle. Time to move on.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    “And so far even the centrist reports are staying that Trump is fighting a losing battle.” Spoiler alert. If that’s what a news source is saying, it’s not centrist.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    Here’s a fact. Now that the Texas case has reached the Supreme Court, it only require 5 Justices ( Barrett, Alito, Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, Thomas) to rule in Trump’s favor for him to remain President. These are the same 5 Justices who the left has claimed are in the tank for Trump. I guess we are going to find out.
  • sclvr5005
    4 years ago
    "Spoiler alert. If that’s what a news source is saying, it’s not centrist." It is centrist. You just refuse to believe it and it's easier for you to deny it's neutrality than to admit that this whole fraud thing is absurd and that it's all over for Trump. How much you wanna bet that the SC refuses to even hear the case? It's gonna end up exactly like all of the others have.....tossed out. But you keep on adjusting that tin foil hat and yelling at your TV.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    I’ve haven’t yelled at a TV since the Vikings lost their fourth Super Bowl.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    The Supreme Court hates deciding political cases but they did so in 2000. This time, they have perfect deniability. Simply follow the clear instructions of the constitution to push the decision back on State Legislatures knowing they are all controlled by Republicans.
  • ATACdawg
    4 years ago
    Good grief. I thought that drinking "The Kool-aid" was supposed to be fatal....🥵😵🤮😑
  • Dave_Anderson
    4 years ago
    All we have to do is establish reasonable doubt on the legitimacy of the election to justify "resistance" toward any NWO/CCP/Harris-Biden administration. We can set up a parallel Trump shadow administration, keep the rallies and events going, and expose the radical policies of the globalists. Trump was supposed to lose by 11 to 14 points, he did much better than we were told was possible even with the mass fraud, media bias, and censorship. Who thought he had any chance with all that the globalists threw at him. The plan now is to fight and resist the radical plans of the globalists. The system didn't give up after 2016, the MAGA movement won't either if this steal isn't stopped. The Trumpophobes and globalists have another thing coming regardless of what happens.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    There is nothing worse than a poor loser. Fuck Donald Trump. Go away you scumbag Trump. Stop spewing nonsense Dave. Its people like you that make progressives seem normal and your posts are beginning to sound like you're a closet progressive. You're beginning to sound like Joker and Icee; the two biggest semen stains on earth. Progressives are useless swine, so why are you emulating them?
  • datinman
    4 years ago
    When the president was questioned by Kristen Welker, an NBC News White House Correspondent, on whether he maintained confidence in Barr, he said: "Uh, ask me that in a number of weeks from now." Sooo, now even Bill Barr is on the RINO enemy list. At what point do MAGA fans scratch their heads and say this doesn't make sense. Everyone is Deep State except Trump and you (and we're not really sure about you.) What is the definition of paranoia?
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    Wow Mark. I continue to be impressed by your zeal but you’ve been wrong about everything since November 3d. Impressive streak. Joe DiMaggio may be worried. I’m not.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    Name calling aside, no one has challenged the facts of my core contention. There is a case before the Supreme Court that could hand Trump re-election and all it requires is that 5 conservative justices vote in Trump’s favor. I’m not saying that it WILL happen, I’m saying it very well COULD happen. The people saying there is zero chance of this happening are the ones wearing the tin foil hats.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Name calling aside you haven’t offered a single fact, not just my opinion but also the opinion of the conservative judges on the Supreme Court At this point it’s done you can holler as long and as loud as you like the facts are thus; this is an attempt by a losing candidate to do an end run around the electorate, disenfranchising millions of people for his personal gain, and anyone who enables this is a traitor to the United States of America
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    Not a single fact ? There have been public hearings. Testimony from dozens of eye witnesses. Over one thousand affidavits filed with the court. Expert testimony from statisticians and IT experts. Video of Republicans being illegally barred from the counting room. Lists of thousands of dead voters. Pallets of a hundred thousand ballots being delivered in the dead of night with no chain of custody. And on and on.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Every single one of them have been tossed out of every court you people have entered at this point all that time and money is wasted and in any other case would Reston major sanctions against these proponents Have a good day, I’m done with this stupidity
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    ^ *Reston/ result in
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    Take your pick: A: Republican officeholders and election officials across Arizona, Georgia, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Wisconsin, and Michigan, along with Justices Alito, Barrett, Kavaunaugh, Thomas, Gorsuch and other judges across the country are all part of a deep state conspiracy involving North Koreans, Venezuelans, Hugo Chavez (who's dead), China, the USPS, Doug Ducey, Brian Kemp, and the FBI/DOJ to steal the election from Donald Trump. Orrrrr B: Trump lost
  • Uprightcitizen
    4 years ago
    Lawsuits, testimonies, public hearings, affidavits, expert testimony, alleged evidence,, etc. amount to nothing if they are thrown out of court. Judges rule on what is presented to them and if it has no legal merit they don't waste their time with nonsense. Respect their expert judgment. Alternatively if you have no respect for the rule of law and the US justice system then you are wasting your time brining it to court in the first place. The Pied Piper just keeps playing his flute and riding out of town with his loyal $$$ contributors in tow.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    An affidavit isn't evidence. In my experience its lies on paper that stand up as paper always does in a rainstorm, under cross examination. An absence of proof means no case exists; then again Trump is always right and everyone else wrong. I believe that mail in ballots are the essence of cheating, but Trump lost because he fucked up. As always with him, its everyone else's fault. Its the cry of the pussy/victim. The fact he is trying to lose the Senate races in Georgia have made me hope he goes to jail and ends up with a rear end that looks like the holland tunnel. Nothing worse than a cry baby, poor sport.
  • goldmongerATL
    4 years ago
    I live in Georgia. Last night I got a robocall with the ID of RNC urging me to withhold my vote until a fair election can be held for the Senate seats. It said by withholding our votes it will show that voting in Georgia's corrupt voting process is not acceptable the people of Georgia. Umm...
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Sounds like a scam from Trump or progressives. RNC exists specifically to win Senate, House and Governorships. They are Republicans and not Trump, who isn't.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    4 years ago
    Will you be taking up arms to help keep trump in the white house?
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    4 years ago
    Or is your bravado limited to whining on a strip club forum?
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    “ There is a case before the Supreme Court that could hand Trump re-election and all it requires is that 5 conservative justices vote in Trump’s favor. ” I’m still waiting for someone to address this directly.
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    @Mark: "I’m still waiting for someone to address this directly." ______________ Do you really think the Supreme Court is going to get involved with such a profoundly stupid and meritless case? Why? Because Trump appointed three SC justices and they owe him something in terms of loyalty? The ACA lawsuit was also profoundly stupid, and the SC signaled that it will support the ACA. Both Kavanaugh and Roberts indicated that they will support the ACA. Just because the court is 6-3 does not mean that horseshit suits will always win with a conservative bias. The point is, the SC is not Trump's Kangaroo court. Snarky quote from Roberts on the ACA: " On severance question, hard to argue that Congress intended entire ACA to fall when the same Congress did not even try to repeal the rest of the Act. I think, frankly, they wanted the Court to do that but that's not our job." It's no surprise that @Mark continues to be a nutcase. What's disturbing is that 70 million people voted for an incompetent and mentally ill reality TV star.
  • gSteph
    4 years ago
    All it requires is 5 to overrule 80 million. Or 306. Could happen. Not. Hey, I know it's hard. But, he lost. Simply that. It's ok. You'll get another boner some day.
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    @Mark: "I’m still waiting for someone to address this directly." I already told you. Texas does not get to tell other states how to pick their presidential electors. 9-0 if they even bother with it and don’t just say “Denied.” The reason Supreme Court appointments are for life is so that they can’t be coerced to overturn the clear will of the people and keep a moron in office after he was rejected.
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    Nice work to rumdum, make your first appearance under your moron moniker then use your jonathon alias to like yourself because nobody else will, dipshit!
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    @mark "I’m still waiting for someone to address this directly." Here as directly as is possible, you are delusional seek help, until that takes place be prepared to be ridiculed repeatedly.
  • Diez Pesos
    4 years ago
    All of Trump's pathetic and desperate attempts to steal the election are being denied, as they should be. Justice prevails.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    Missouri led a group of 17 states that Wednesday afternoon filed a brief with the Supreme Court supporting the Texas lawsuit aimed at delaying the appointment of presidential electors from Georgia, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin. Apparently, they didn’t get the advice from the TUSCL legal braintrust that the SC won’t consider the lawsuit.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Anyone can file a suit, as long as they don't mind appearing stupid and childish when every suit is dismissed. By the way Mark the idea that Trump and his supporters actually believed that 5 conservative justices would rule for him based on that is beyond silly. Anyone with a modicum of knowledge would understand that Conservatives are strict Constitutionalists and as such hold the Constitution, as written, above all politicians, no matter their office. Further, as evidenced by many in the past and John Roberts now, they rule based on law, unlike progressive Judges who do exactly what you want the Trump appointees to do and that is a disgrace. Trump is a loudmouth without evidence. End of story. If the Republicans lose the Senate because of him, he and his supporters are going to get run over by progressives and Republicans like me won't do a damn thing to prevent it. I hope you stop so I don't have to see what the left wing nitwits are posting here because if it were Biden doing it, they'd be acting like you. Stop acting like a progressive.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Forgot to add this in for Random, the epitome of left wing delusion: No real American ever voted for a progressive, a socialist or any other bullshit the left puts out. People voted against Hillary, not for Trump and people voted against Trump and not for Biden.
  • Casself5
    4 years ago
    Here ya go Mark. Almost had it lol. [view link]
  • gSteph
    4 years ago
    When a Supreme Court, dominated 6 to 3 with conservatives, votes 9 to 0 against a claim brought by conservatives, says there's nothing here, perhaps some might decide there's nothing here. Trump lost. I know many are disappointed. Hell, I'm 66. I've been disappointed in many an election. Many. But elections are how we do it here. Life goes on, we will survive.
  • sclvr5005
    4 years ago
    Trump lost. Uhm.....yeah. Everybody but the tin foil hat wearers and Trump ass kissers knew and accepted that weeks ago. A sad moment in history that it ever even got to this point in the courts. Trump's "presidency" is riddled with embarrassments and corruption. Hope he leaves peacefully now.
  • joker44
    4 years ago
    "Loser of the Year" "[...] ‘Without decency and without dignity’: German newsweekly Der Spiegel names Trump ‘Loser of the Year’" [view link]
  • Uprightcitizen
    4 years ago
    Such a huge nothing burger 🍔
  • joker44
    4 years ago
    Such a huge nothing burger 🍔 So much so it got a swift response from you and your fellow snowflake Magatards. Just like TheDonald and his fellow narcissists when something makes an unflattering impact they attempt to minimize its relevance; normies know it was a direct hit on their bloated egos.
  • Uprightcitizen
    4 years ago
    @Joker44... Lol I was referring to the OP's Topic. These lawsuits have been a colossal waste of time. Only done to placate a voting block that wants it to be true. Save your vitriol for your arch enemies. I for one am ready for this mess to be over and for our leaders to put their attention to constructive matters of national importance. Things like national defense for example.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    I can't wait to hear Marks spin, I bet it's lead lined tin hat stuff.
  • LapHunt
    4 years ago
    Trump's next ploy/fundraising venture will be to try and get the results overturned by Congress on Jan. 6.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion