tuscl

COVID worry

Studme53
Pennsylvania
Anyone else get paranoid about COVID after clubbing?
I went to a regular bar with a drinking buddy in NJ Friday night. By 11pm one 10’X10’ corner of the bar was really packed with about 20 young men and women (21-25 yo) drinking, dancing and generally having a good time - no masks at all.
I drank more than I had in a while and my hangover and rough-up voice (from talking loud over the music) got me thinking I might have the early stages of COVID. By Sunday I felt fine. I didn’t get that paranoia after my visits to a couple strip clubs, probably cause I don’t drink much there and don’t have a hangover.

35 comments

• Warrior15
    4 years ago
    Considering I have had the virus and now have the antibodies, I have no fear of it at all. If I had not had it yet and was in one of the high risk groups, then I probably would not go clubbing. Treatments are on their way though. I've heard the Regeneron medication that Trump took really works. FDA needs to approve it.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    life is too short to live in fear. if i die my main concern is the collection of stuff my kids will have to deal with.
  • Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    Yea, about four weeks back i was talking to a couple dancers in the smoking area. One of the honeys kept coughing and fanning herself like she had a fever

I was thinking "wtf? are you sick?" I didn't say anything though.
    Any PL going to the club just has to accept they will be exposed.
  • WavvyCain
    4 years ago
    If u scared don’t go to clubs it’s that simple
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    "Anyone else get paranoid about COVID after clubbing?"

If you've thought through what you'd plan to do if you get sick, that should help.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    Paranoid? Why?
  • BabyDoc
    4 years ago
    There was a saying that went something like this: Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they aren’t out to get you.

Covid-19 is real and it might kill you. And pigs might fly someday too. The media is responsible for needlessly scaring the shit out of people. Be thankful you are in the States because in a lot of places you are in more danger from your neighbors if they even think you have Covid-19 than from the disease itself.

Seriously, if you’re worried take precautions equal to your level of concern. Remember that symptoms won’t normally show up until about 5 days after exposure. That knowledge alone should relieve you of some of the paranoia. Start keeping a daily journal of where you go and what you do every day. It doesn’t have to be detailed but it will help back track if necessary and give you something to do to make you think you are in control.

And this is important. Get yourself a digital thermometer and take your temp in the morning and in the evening. That will usually be your first indicator (a temp above 100).

If you do get it, DON’T PANIC! You are NOT going to die! And if I’m wrong, then you fucked up. You trusted me. lol

Stay healthy all…
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    The problem is this js a collective problem. You can take all the precautions you can but anyone stupid enough not to can end up infecting you anyways.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Might as well go now, because no one will be going anywhere in a few months when we get a national lockdown.
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    skibum, That is my biggest fear. The liberals will get control and will just shut us down. They will pass a $4 trillion dollar stimulus package to keep us afloat, but no one will buy the bonds. The dollar plummets, then several industries simply shut down permanently.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    I disagree with your assumptions I think it’s highly unlikely we get indiscriminate shutdowns again, the shutdown was basically an admission that the administration failed to contain and control the virus, my bet is a more science based approach will work and eventually get this pandemic under control
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    @SkiBirther wrote: "...no one will be going anywhere in a few months when we get a national lockdown."

Going into a crowded indoor club where nobody is wearing masks is a good way to get infected. The OP's not past the incubation period and, while it's unlikely, he may be an asymptomatic carrier.

It's easy enough to go online, using your age general health condition, to get some idea of the risk you're taking of outright dying from Covid. Then you might want to consider that the long-term risk to your heart and lungs is not well understood. It's your skin -- so do a risk-vs-reward calculation. Ask you doctor.

After that, if your not single, consider the risk you might be taking of spreading the disease to your wife and family at home. Do you visit your grandparents or do they live you at home? Are you making a decision that affects other people in your life?

I'm married and wouldn't think of going into crowded club like that, but I might have a different attitude if I were single.
  • Dolfan
    4 years ago
    I wouldn't say I'm paranoid, but I do have some concerns about contracting COVID overall. They are elevated when I hit a club. I take a little caution, kinda binging on going out then taking a few weeks off & being mindful who I'm around for that period after the binge. I'm prepared to self-isolate at the slightest hint of symptoms. I don't have people at home that I'm worried about.

For me, its a manageable risk. Do the basic stuff like wash hands frequently & avoid face/eye/mouth contact, wear a mask when its feasible, etc. No need to stop living, but not going to just act like its not a thing either.
  • Studme53
    4 years ago
    I have one favorite dancer who has great, perfect, round boobs (fake of course) who lets me suck her nipples and kiss and lick her incredible golden globes to my heart’s content. I can’t resist, but I know I’m not the first to do so. Hopefully she disinfects between customers
  • Tiburon
    4 years ago
    nope. Because I don't go. My friends were crazy enough to go to a strip club and I said FUCK NO THANK YOU! if we can't get tested before we meet, we just can't meet.
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    "Hopefully she disinfects between customers"

Consider this me typing that awkward pause...
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    LOL
    4 years ago
    Even before COVID I could not bring myself to feast on those fun bags. Watching dancers across the room get covered in saliva then change partners and do it again has me sworn off the practice. But I know guys who enjoy going down on a dancer or Hong Kong girl who has already fucked a dozen guys that same night.
    The visual is just too much for me to get past.
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    Im all for a national shutdown. I enjoyed the shutdown.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    A science based approach lol. Like in Europe? Where they are locking down the populace again now ....bingo.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    If one is gonna SC or hit bars, one needs to be ok-with/accept the fact they will get the Rona sooner or later - if one SCs/bars enough it's probably not a question of if but when.

No point in going to SCs or bars and be "freaking out" - IMO either go and enjoy yourself and accept the much higher risk, or don't go and be more at peace.

And not sucking on her boobs will not necessarily make it "more safe" - a dancer interacts w/ dozens of custies in a shift and probably hundreds in a week, so the chances are high that she'll get exposed from those hundreds of interactions and then pass it on to you by just talking at your table - but there's also a good chance she may have already had it and thus not be a carrier.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Radom is such a useless, pompous asshole. I wouldn't be a pussy and stay home if I were single. Lmao, typical , male progressive getting bullied by his wife. Ok Barrack......
  • anthony6613
    4 years ago
    I’m high risk. Going no where near a club or otc. I’ll wait for the vaccine and better treatments.

• skibum609
    4 years ago
    I just died from Covid last week. being dead seems eerily similar to being alive......
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    It’s not worth taking the risk. I know it’s possible to catch the virus in many locations, but my concern is less about my health and more about catching it and unknowingly passing it to family.

I would feel worse if I passed corona to elderly relatives after a strip club trip. I know it is the same result - if I got the virus at a Home Depot. But mongering seems like its best left on the sidelines for awhile.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    I am visiting my Mom and one sibling who is terminally ill next week, so I get what Cash is saying as I have cancelled all appointments this week, next week, am getting a flu shot tomorrow and am staying in next week, this week and i did last week after Wednesday. My fear is getting Covid nd killing one of them. As soon as the family visit is over I will be down and dirty in every strip club I drive by on my way home. No mask, no precautions, just loving life.
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    @SkiBirther-

Of course I'm sorry about your mother and sibling. But I'd like to point out that I'm the first one in this thread to say that you may be making decisions for other vulnerable people in your life. You, know, the post where you called me "a pompous, useless, asshole" out of nowhere. This illustrates the choice you make when you attend a super-spreader event like the one described by the OP.

Since you were ranting about government healthcare in another thread, it would be interesting to know if your mother and sibling are supported by Medicaire. Or maybe you're a billionaire paying their entire medical costs.

What a nutcase.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    I am aware, and slightly concerned, of the risk of coronavirus while clubbing, but not enough to stop.
    There's greater risk of being killed in a car wreck on the way to or from the club, and that's never stopped me from going.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    You are a pompous useless asshole Random. Tough shit if you don't like it. Your pretend concern for my relatives is rejected. My sibling is on Cobra, rather than Medicaid because he has a brother who loves him and I pay for it since he likes his treatment team. My Mother is on Medicare, which she earned over 50 years of work and I pay for her supplemental plans and patient pay for her one doctor that takes everything but Medicare.
    They are my family so I go out of my way to protect them, as I would expect anyone else would do for theirs. I expect no one else on earth to change their behavior to save them, especially the vermin in Washington. They are lucky to have someone like me as a relative, rather than a cheap, pompous asshole, such as you, who expects everyone else to adjust to them.
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    "My Mother is on Medicare, which she earned over 50 years of work "

I didn't say she didn't earn her Medicare coverage, now did I? It's a system that protects the elderly from financial ruin from catastrophic medical costs and dying in poverty. Do you think the elderly would be able to find private insurance, at an affordable cost, without government intervention? Medicare will protect your aging ass and that of your wife as you both drift into your dotage, which is coming pretty soon.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    The medicare I have earned by working hard, with the realization that had I not been taxed, I'd have kept the money, invested it and had enough to be able to buy private insurance until I died. You must see old every day when you look in the mirror, hence your fixation with being old. I am not even close to the time when medicare is on my horizon and as a member of the bar I can always just buy private insurance with my own money. The people you support, due to their bad decision making, encouraged by people like you, couldn't afford both a left and right ....twix.
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    " I'd have kept the money, invested it and had enough to be able to buy private insurance until I died."

------
    Absolute bullshit. The elderly would not be able to buy insurance at any cost. Under the pre-ACA system 50 million people could not buy insurance at any cost and thats for the under 65 crowd. You should thank your aging ass for Medicare.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    You guys have a lot of growing up to do.
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    @GammaNu-

There's always the thread about buttplugs if this isn't of interest.

You have the honor of having nearly the only thread deleted by Founder: when you started a thread stating that the death of Nina's relatives was a silver lining of the pandemic.

And I did see the thread recently where you complained that four of us were ruining your experience on the board. Another thread deleted by Founder.

And all the other threads where you race-baiting other members.

If you have me on ignore, then stop being obsessed with my posts.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    I thank myself for everything I have Random. You're just a sad, bitter person; typical of progressives. Work hard play hard is my motto. Whine like a bitch seems to be yours.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion