tuscl

How can you tell who clicked like on a comment?

And what do the icons below the comments mean?

34 comments

• winex
    4 years ago
    If you click on ACCOUNT SETTINGS, then EMAIL, it is the third option down.

It well send you individual emails every time you get a thumbs up.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    It’s kind of clunky, but it is the only way to see.
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    Lmao I remember spamming a few likes on some individuals in the hopes of blowing up their emails. Forgot which accounts I did that with tho
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    It’s also entertaining viewing which accounts like my comment every time I go after a particular individual
  • winex
    4 years ago
    God, that must have been painful on your end. There is a bit of latency on the click.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    @NiceSpice - so you have been able to figure out my hidden feelings towards IceyDodo?
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    Winex I sort of think your feelings aren't well hidden.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    PinkSugarDoll - as for the icons, I think thumbs up and down are explanatory.

The icon next to them is used to bookmark a post.

The circle with a line through it lets you ignore an individual post. That one seems kind of pointless to me. But I guess if you are OCD, it will really make sure you don’t see select posts again.
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    I think the option to ignore individual posts is there if the post is particularly offensive or particularly long (and requires lots of scrolling )

I remember one individual on this site used to copy and paste explicit sex scenes from Harry Potter fanfiction, and put that on Icey threads.
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    "I remember one individual on this site used to copy and paste explicit sex scenes from Harry Potter fanfiction..."

How the fuck did I miss this?
  • winex
    4 years ago
    ok, hold on a minute here NiceSpice. I don’t read fiction. And I have never seen any of the Harry Potter movies. But sex scenes from Harry Potter fan fiction?

Really?
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    ^ mostly sex scenes between Draco&Harry 😁
  • winex
    4 years ago
    Damn TheeOSU - I have been typing my replies to IceyDodo with my best poker face.
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    I think Nice might have been speaking of herself digging at phatty?
  • winex
    4 years ago
    Well I am guessing that Harry is Harry Potter.

I have no idea who Draco is, but that sounds like a guys name.

I don’t want to know anything else.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    I’m just messing around TheeOSU.

Though I am starting to wonder what kind of databases NiceSpice is building on all of us.
  • TFP
    4 years ago
    I was happy when Founder put likes as a new feature. PSD I remember you in the past saying you wished this were a feature of the forum. The execution of it, however, is clunky like someone above said. It seems the only way for you to know who liked a post is to check your email. And no other members seem to be able to see who exactly liked a post. Unlike Facebook, Twitter, and most other social media sites that use likes. I guess Founder wanted it that way?

All I know is, if you want likes it seems the best way is to talk shit about Icey. Guaranteed at least five likes lol.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    anyone who slams Icey gets an automatic thumbs up from me.
  • PinkSugarDoll
    4 years ago
    Lol^^

Yes I did want that feature but it would be cool to see the likes easier, you are right.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    Hovering over or clicking the thumbs up would be much more convenient.

If you set up the email like I mentioned, you will see the name of the person who liked your post, a link to their profile, and a link to the post.

The link to the post doesn’t always take you to the right post.
  • PinkSugarDoll
    4 years ago
    Lol what

I don’t think I will do that bc I don’t want all those emails.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    Yeah, like I said, it is clunky.

I found it useful when I first started using the forum. It allowed me to tell who agreed with me. But it’s not very useful for ongoing use. That is unless you scripted a solution to automate gathering the data and then deleting the emails.
  • mike710
    4 years ago
    I never changed any account settings but I do get an email for thumbs up but not for thumbs down. The interesting part is at least half of the thumbs up are from people I don't recognize as regular posters.

• winex
    4 years ago
    You would need to have access to the database behind the forum software to see who gave you thumbs down.
  • mike710
    4 years ago
    From reading the board for a few months, it's pretty easy to guess who would thumbs down a post. I don't really care to know though.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    I am also curious about thumbs down. If you're going to give a thumbs down, you should have the stones to own it.
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    ^ I just gave you a thumbs down. 😁
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    I think you get an email saying who liked your comment - even if the down voted your comment.

I might be wrong, but it would be good for Founder to confirm.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    Cash an, do you have email turned on?

If so, we could do a quick test - I can down vote you.

There is no need to drag Founder into trivial stuff like this that we can figure out on our own.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    Yes, I have it turned on.

You can downvote my above post.

Then I will check my email.

Thanks
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    "I think you get an email saying who liked your comment - even if the down voted your comment."

No, not correct.
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    ^downvoted just now

I don’t think you get notified for downvotes though. That would be entertaining though 😁
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    I stand corrected. My mistake.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Yeah - email-notification is a little clunky but it does alert you when someone has propped your comment (and who); o/w you would have to be physically looking at the comment to know - perhaps a better way for notification would be a PM that way one does not have to be opening their email (and have the option to disable it like the email).

Additionally, perhaps adding the option of clicking the thumb's-up and seeing the TUSCL names of those that have propped the comment (this would mean taking away the ability to prop one's own comment which IMO shouldn't be there anyway).
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion