tuscl

Raiders

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Anyone watch MNF last night?

Was that a beautiful Stadium or what!?!?

Raiders look good, or maybe the Saints defense needs some work.

22 comments

• winex
    4 years ago
    The thing that struck me is the price tag of the stadium.

State of the arts stadiums opened up in Las Vegas and Los Angeles at the same time.

The price of the Las Vegas stadium - about $2 billion.

The cost of the Los Angeles stadium - about $5 billion.
  • shailynn
    4 years ago
    Yeah to Vegas pre COVID 2 billion is like a $175 Honda Civic payment, post COVID it’s like a $4,000 month Rolls Royce payment!
  • winex
    4 years ago
    But the construction costs were set in a pre-pandemic world.

My point in mentioning it is that it is amazing how much farther money goes in Las Vegas than Los Angeles.

Even if the Los Angeles stadium is nicer, is it 2 and a half times as nice?
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    I watched the game thought the stadium is great, but I don’t live in Vegas so I’m not paying for a stadium that if this pandemic ever ends, anyone wanting to see a ball game in person in that venue will need to pay a months income just to get a seat for one game.
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    It looks like a giant hockey puck .
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    I'm sure the fans in Oakland and St Louis are happy.
  • grand1511
    4 years ago
    That stadium looks like a Roomba.....sucking up all the dirt and dust in Vegas
  • Mate27
    4 years ago
    Haven’t watched a snap of NFL, or a shot from the NBA and I probably won’t all season. MLB is the only sport I will watch, because it allows more diversity and inclusion from the fans and players. It’s easier to engage a sport that has intelligence factoring into the game plan more than brutality. America’s past time is baseball, not some made up social justice reform benefiting a select few minorities m.
  • BBBC
    4 years ago
    I love watching them buff guys run around in tight pants. Always a great time watching MNF
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    Fuck the NFL. It could be the Chicago Bears v Russian National Team in the superbowl, and I would not give them one nanosecond of my attention.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    I am in my fantasy baseball league and forgot mnf was even on since I had no money in the game. I have the New Orleans defense, but luckily I was 192 - 148 winner even with them sucking.
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    They are nice as hell but as rule football stadiums should not be indoors.
  • TFP
    4 years ago
    The stadium in LA has an entire shopping complex built around it and that's what brought the 5 million price tag. The Vegas stadium is just a stadium.

They are both gorgeous though and I can't wait to visit. There are 3 stadiums at the top of my list to visit. AT&T stadium, Reliant stadium, and SoFi stadium.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    The Cowboys' stadium cost $1-billion in 2010 and that was the most expensive at the time - seems $2-billion may now be the baseline
  • DeclineToState
    4 years ago
    ->skibum: "I was 192 - 148 winner"

That's a big score. Must be a PPR league, unless of course your week 2 roster included Aaron Jones, Calvin Ridley, and one of the QBs that went off this week
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    "They are nice as hell but as rule football stadiums should not be indoors."

Muddy the people at some stadiums might be indoors but all the stadiums are outside. 😎

Ok I agree that regarding football, all of it should be played on grass in the elements as has been in the past.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    August or September games outside in Las Vegas or Phoenix are a lot different than the elements that you are thinking of.

• Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I prefer indoor games - I prefer pristine conditions so I can see the athletes at their best (vs tippy toeing or sliding around or falling down on snow or water, etc).
  • Chili Palmer
    4 years ago
    There was a great special on the NFL Network this last weekend about the building of the Palace of Versai, er, SoFi Stadium.

The extreme cost was due in no small part to the engineering requirements: digging a giant pit 100 feet deep to place the stadium so it wouldn't be in LAX flight path; the unique trusses designed to keep the roof from falling down in case of earthquake; the barriers around the stadium to keep the stands from collapsing, and the incredible work on creating a "woven" roof like nothing else in the world. Although a little breathless at times, worth the watch if you have nothing else going on.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    A quick look at what the stadium is supposed to look like:

https://youtu.be/jUjmWFYEigw
  • RockAllNight
    4 years ago
    @Shailynn

If you can afford a Rolls-Royce, there probably aren’t any payments.
  • Retired
    4 years ago
    With the NBA and NFL players using this platform to promote their social justice/political views, I am finding other things to watch these days. I was a part-time NBA watcher and attended around six games a year as well as a full-time NFL watcher with attending a couple Oakland games a year. We are all bombarded with this information daily and the last place I want to watch it is in sports. I will miss the Oakland Raiders and wish that city would of got its shit together to keep the team.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion