tuscl

IP addresses

founder
slip a dollar in her g-string for me
How do you all feel about having up addresses posted with each comment?

48 comments

• Warrior15
    4 years ago
    Maybe not with each comment. But you could post that on the profile page. That probably would eliminate some of the anonymous troll accounts.
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    You're cute, Founder.
  • TrollBot-3345
    4 years ago
    I would become extinct. *sad robotic whirring sounds*
  • founder
    4 years ago
    It was a joke heaving.. eve seems to get me

• Muddy
    4 years ago
    Then who would agree with me if not for my troll accounts? Who I ask?
  • founder
    4 years ago
    Haha... Heaving. I like bribes. You owe me one
  • whodey
    4 years ago
    Maybe instead of posting IP addresses you can just add an "alias section" on each profile that lists any other screen names that have posted from the same IP address.
  • gSteph
    4 years ago
    I figured it was a joke.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    @Founder - what Whodey mentioned would be good for troll control without compromising privacy.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    I agree winex
  • lameduck
    4 years ago
    @whodey but what about my 6 brothers and sisters that live with me and love posting thoughtful discussions on this site?
  • ime
    4 years ago
    Should put downvotes to use, reach some number can't post for X# weeks
  • winex
    4 years ago
    Glad to hear Founder. I don’t know what the table structure of the database behind this site looks like, but the query really can’t be very difficult.

And it would resolve a lot of issues. TwentyFive actually accused me of being someone that used a different screen name. A feature like that could resolve any questions.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    @Me, I don’t know what Founder thinks, but I wouldn’t like that idea. It is too much like censorship.

Also there could be unintended consequences.

The first that comes to mind is that you would have to prevent people from creating (or using previously created) multiple accounts.

The next concern is that it promotes cliques. You incentivize gangs of people to gang up on other individuals with less popular opinions. Even though my political opinions appear to be closer to the majority of users, I wouldn’t want to silence RandomMember or TwentyFive for the benefit of silencing Yabba Dabba Do.
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    Great idea. Open invitation to anyone who would like me to meet up at your personal house, OTC offer is $50. The only condition is that I get WiFi access and we both post on the site at the same time.
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    Actually, a coffee shop would probably be good enough lmao. Idk why I brought up anyone’s homes. But I’m sure some individuals would love to have a chance to give me a blowjob in a private space (especially desertscrub 😁)
  • whodey
    4 years ago
    @lameduck, if you are still living at home with your brothers and sisters this probably isn't the right hobby for you.
  • sinclair
    4 years ago
    How about posting the ip address and their associated accounts on a discussion post? It would be interesting to see which members play multiple identities.
  • Uprightcitizen
    4 years ago
    Sometimes it hurts when IP
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    I don't like the idea. Its a violation of privacy. Anyone can tell your location from an ip
  • founder
    4 years ago
    Lol... It's a violation of privacy.

Read our privacy policy
  • mike710
    4 years ago
    I think you are all taking this too literal. To me it's just founder's way of telling you that if you wouldn't say it in person, don't say it here. It is written out before any post you make.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    It is interesting to see who is getting nervous.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    Triple like to mike710
  • winex
    4 years ago
    For those who care to read it, here is the privacy policy

https://tuscl.net/privacy/
  • whodey
    4 years ago
    @Uprightcitizen that is a know risk in this hobby but a clinic can clear it right up.

@mike710 the scary part is that a lot of the people on here would say this crap in real life.

@founder I took your advice and read the privacy policy. At least you keep it honest.
    "We do, however, reserve the right to publish all the personal information we have about you."
    "We make no claim that we conduct our business in order to guarantee that your personal information is protected."
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    Oh hey. NordVPN is having a summer-end sale right now. :D
  • founder
    4 years ago
    Use my affiliate link
  • winex
    4 years ago
    and Tor is free.
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    That privacy policy means all the tricks can be turned over to le lulz

• BigMac34
    4 years ago
    If you want to get rid or rude people and trolls take away the free membership and have a 3 strike system if they violate the rules within a time period they get banned for a year. Not all people have multiple emails to create more accounts. To solve people creating a different account on another email, you banned them with there IP address and email, but you give them a refund on the remaining time of there paid months, that way they don't get there panties curl in a bunch and bring waste of time lawsuits, that should make them think twice. There is a lot of useful information on this site, saves me a lot of trips to a club. You can still offer free monthly membership, if the patron has paid the yearly fee and has made a review that patron gets a free month added to his account and so on. That's what I would do. To keep track of people violating the rules you find people that been with the site have paid for membership year after year and make them moderators. There job is to identify the violating culprits and bring it to the attention of the founder for review whether or not to banned them.
  • BigMac34
    4 years ago
    I almost got banned at another site for not accepting the cookies. As soon as I hit the website the screen tells me, my IP address is, what type of software my computer is running on and that they are watching me. I don't visit that site often anymore.
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    You asked the IP question what maybe a year ago and a large majority were against it.

IMO if you start posting IPs or other info about posters you won't just eliminate some trolls, some regular members/posters are also going to walk away.
    If you want to get rid of a troll ban him, if he comes back as another troll ban him again. what's it take to eliminate an account, a minute?
    I view and at times post on other forums covering other subjects, some of them with many thousands of members and none of them post IPs.
    Joke or not it's not a good idea.

• twentyfive
    4 years ago
    @OSU
    👍
  • booji boy
    4 years ago
    Agree with BigMac34... give free membership time only for reviews, and only to paid up members if at all.

Posting IP addresses isn't worth the effort IMO given the numerous ways that this can be bypassed as a control. Everyone with an account can now filter out the crap in the discussion rooms and individual posters as we like now. If Founder wants to globally filter that part of the site he can, at his own discretion (we don't get a vote on that).
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    I don't know how hard it would be to code, but to add all the names from the same address as aka after the screen name would seriously cut down on the amount of coding without violating anyone's privacy.
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    Just don't allow more than one account from a single device
  • Liwet
    4 years ago
    There's a reason other message boards don't post IP addresses. Blizzard tried to associate people's accounts with their actual name and there was a huge blow up over that.
  • Nidan111
    4 years ago
    FUCK NO! 😂
  • founder
    4 years ago
    I don't even track IP addresses.
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    Playing with our heads again huh Founder? 🤪

• founder
    4 years ago
    Blame it on covid
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    Might as well, Lol 🤧
  • Dolfan
    4 years ago
    I know it was a joke, but just throwing it out there: You could put the last two octets in there without sacrificing much privacy but still mostly accomplishing the theoretical goal.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Well - perhaps giving their IP addresses is a bit much - just go ahead and give their home-addresses
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    Should I start shopping for a VPN?
  • founder
    4 years ago
    You should always use a vpn
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    VPNs are fantastic whether or not Founder wants to spread your IP's legs wide open.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion