tuscl

Chadwick "Black Panther" Boseman has Died.

In the context of BLM I was just thinking about the black panther movie, and how to me it is the anti-BLM. Boseman died of cancer at the age of 43. I seriously thought he was in his late 20s. RIP brother.

14 comments

• chessmaster
    4 years ago
    Fuck 2020. RIP Chadwick boseman.
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    42 was good.
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    Fuck cancer.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I didn't watch the movie (I haven't done a lot of movie-watching over the last few years) - but very-sad when someone that young and that much going for him, passes.
  • rl27
    4 years ago
    Oh man I was looking forward to seeing Black Panther 2 and more movies with him in it. Going to be quite weird watching the second movie now without him in it, if they even do make it.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    The Mets and Marlins disgraced Jackie Robinson yesterday when they walked off the field and refused to play ball. They left a BLM jersey covering home plate. What would be the story of Jackie Robinson if he refused to play in the face of adversity?
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    I was floored when I read the news. After watching him as T'Challa in FOUR! different superhero films, who would have thought he was filming between chemo and surgery? And then you factor in how quiet he was and never allowed the news of his illness to leak, and there is a type of subtle nobility. He allowed us to enjoy his acting without any extraneous personal information.
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    This doesn't give you a pass for that bullshit thug culture thread you posted the other day.
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    RIP Chadwick Boseman.
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    Found out about it because one of the strippers I was sitting with last night got a message about it. None of us had heard about it, so we all started checking our phones see if it was a real thing. I remembered there was a discussion in social media earlier in the year because he showed a photo where he'd lost a lot of weight. The dancers around me were ages 20 to 30, latina and mixed black. Interesting to listen to them react and discuss it. The news hadn't gotten around the club where I was hanging out with the white dancers yesterday, so don't know if it would have registered the same way.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    Thug culture is a problem, and Chadwick Boseman was a shining example of what the polar opposite of thug culture can achieve. I'm not familiar with all of his roles, but he seemed to have played mostly heroes and role models.
  • nickifree
    4 years ago
    @wallanon If by pass you mean some sort of validation from 'the hood', it's one of the last thing I'd ever desire.
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    "If by pass you mean some sort of validation from 'the hood', it's one of the last thing I'd ever desire."

There someone goes again thinking a stranger wants to know or care about what they desire. It was a trash thread of gutter philosophy. No more. No less.

But it's there and your clumsy reply is, too, so why not respond and move on. That's not remotely what was meant, but you've made it clear that there's little point in engaging with you. If choosing to ask people not to post their personal race-baiting bullshit on a titty bar forum makes them "hood", well that dismissal just writes itself.

There is no fault in being common. There is great fault in reveling in ignorance in front of the world. But in the grand scheme of things, how much of the world ever takes the time to read the pindrop of collective thought represented by all the TUSCL forums posts ever written?
  • nickifree
    4 years ago
    ...tells me I don't 'get a pass', then ponders why I would responded that I'm not looking for one. Who on earth would post to TUSCL expecting a global audience? No one except you I guess.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion