tuscl

Stop approving pre Covid reviews

Burt775
Pennsylvania
Wednesday, August 26, 2020 12:34 PM
There is no point in reading what a review of a club was like in Feb or prior. These clubs may never return to their previous status so it’s dumb for us to include them at all. It’s such an obvious way for people to get free reads when they can’t they write them as well, everyone’s going thru dry times rn so if you absolutely need to know about a club then buy the subscription for a month. End rant.

14 comments

• whodey
    4 years ago
    100% agree
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    ^^ yup
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    I've been rejecting them.
  • Tetradon
    4 years ago
    Amen.
  • NeverEnuf
    4 years ago
    Time to call out the approvers of useless reviews like this: [view link]
  • nj_pete
    4 years ago
    I’ve been rejecting as well, the number is decreasing though.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    Not only that some jack-off gets a free month for nothing, but it also diminishes the overall quality of the site, cluttering up the genuine reviews with useless garbage that has to be sifted through when you want to know the current status at a SC.
  • georgmicrodong
    4 years ago
    Agreed.
  • gSteph
    4 years ago
    It is time. I've been rejecting them.
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    I've also been downvoting them. Some are still getting through, but from the whining I've been seeing in resubmitted reviews there's probably plenty getting rejected. I also downvote the ones bitching about getting their other reviews rejected. Stop crying like little girls and just do better.
  • elmer
    4 years ago
    Totally agree but at least it's saving us from reading about how covid is fake news, it's against my constitutional rights to wear a mask, Donald is the devil, the Dems are taking our guns No periods were abused in this message
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    +1000
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    [view link] There's also the above thread in the VIP room on writing better reviews. I know that a lot of the front room stalwarts can't read it, and they already know the solution to that. But on that note, I think I'll go picking through some old VIP and Verified threads to bump so I don't have to stare at the blank space from all the everyman off topic ranting I just ignored.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    IMO reviews should be rejected if they don't clearly state what Covid restrictions/rules were in effect and how that impacted the overall experience. What's the point in reading reviews, even otherwise well-written ones, if at the end you can't determine whether it was from last week or last January.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion