tuscl

If you have fully recovered from COVID-19, you can help others by donating blood

CJKent (Banned)
“The more a person needs to be right, the less certain he is...”
Title says it all, but there is more information;

@Nidan111 and others; If you have fully recovered from COVID-19, you can help others by donating your plasma.

Because your immune system fought off COVID-19, you now have antibodies in you that could help others fight it off too.
Please donate your COVID-19 plasma today. See if you qualify and find a donor center near you.

https://thefightisinus.org/en-us#home

FDA; What is Convalescent Plasma?

https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedne…

29 comments

• RandomMember
    4 years ago
    Trump pressured the FDA into allowing these plasma infusions for emergency use only. Some MDs including that (preening asshole) Fauci have urged caution and serious adverse effects are possible.

Wait for clinical trials; we've been through the same kind of bullshit with hydroxychloroquine.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Covid is culling the herd.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    Trump should come out and just say all things democrats want to hear. That way they can start second guessing themselves.

• RandomMember
    4 years ago
    Founder, Trump can lie and bullshit to his hearts content. The issue here is whether he has the power to pressure the FDA. You don't care about subverting sciece? Then take your chances with untested transfusions. Or let your kids take them. Good luck.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    If Trump said the world was round and orbited the sun, Dems would fact check it.

Do you honestly think Trump even knew what a plasma infusion was before last week? Hell no. But his advisors (elections have consequences) told him about the benefits, and here we are.

I'm not taking any vaccine or care at all right now. The hard numbers say this virus makes you sick and you get better (unless you have comorbitities). MOST people will not even get that sick.

Keep fighting everything Trump suggests. It's a good plan. We all know Biden will whip his ass in the debates and the election, and then a magic cure will happen.

• ime
    4 years ago
    Holy shit Random could you be more overly dramatic he isn't pressuring the FDA or subverting science. And what you think Doctors are you just going to do anything without looking at each patient and what is best for them, you must have the shittiest doctor in the world. Holy shit you guys with TDS need to get some real help.
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    Back to the subject. I donated about 3 weeks ago. Your welcome. Now I get an email about once a day asking me to come in again. If I do it like 4 times, I get $80. Hardly worth the 3 hours I have to spend each time.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    Why would you donate??? It's dangerous!!! Stay home and wear a mask for God's sake!
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Subverting science lol. What a fucking dweeb Random. Here are some former scientific facts asshole: Eugenics; Homosexuality is a mental illness; phrenology; the sun orbits the earth; the earth is flat; tomatoes are poisonous and on and on. You are mentally ill.
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    Why would you donate???
    ++++++++++++++++++
    For those of you who are challenged, we're talking about the danger on the receiving end of the transfusion.

• RandomMember
    4 years ago
    @Founder wrote "Do you honestly think Trump even knew what a plasma infusion was before last week? Hell no. But his advisors ....
    In the case of hydroxychloroquine, it was well documented that his advisors were....on Fox News. Hydroxychloroquine was first touted by a quirky MD in France in a small study. It was then passed on to Fox News and touted endlessly by Hannity and Ingraham. Trump watches TV; that's were he gets most of his info.

Fauci said nothing more than to wait for clinical trials; he's been criticized and the object of death threats ever since. At this point Trump's own FDA has revoked the use of Hydroxychloroquine for emergency use. Fauci was correct in urging caution.

Same applies here. Wait for clinical trials and don't assume that transfusions are safe.
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    ...and as for all the other comments, pressuring the FDA to allow transfusions before clinical trials meets my definition of "subverting science." Again, if you disagree, be my guest to be the next guinea pig.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Nothing should have been shut down. The weak and feeble should have stayed home. Can't wait for weaklings to start spouting about the combined horrors of the flu and covid. Ohhhhhh the humanity. Science will saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaave us. 72 years for a 35% effective flu vaccine means ..... lmao.
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    Just curious @Ski: If you donated blood and I took transfusions from that donation would I become bald, nutty, and cantankerous?

...you can never be too careful.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    Random, you don't get my sarcasm
  • founder
    4 years ago
    As for hcq, if I got sick I would without hesitation ask my Dr for it. It can only help or be neutral.

• winex
    4 years ago
    @Founder, I have a friend who is an ophthalmologist who told me that if he got COVID-19, he wouldn't hesitate to take HCQ early.

Obviously corona virus is outside of his area of expertise, but he is familiar with HCQ because of some off-label uses. The ability to control a cytokine storm that HCQ possesses neutralizes the majority of the damage that the disease causes.

Something to keep in mind about COVID-19

Around half the people who have it never know they had it.

The majority of people who know they have it have flu-like symptoms ranging from mild to severe.

About 16% of people who get the disease have more serious problems.

Somewhere around 10% of the people who get the disease experience very serious problems.

The people getting remdesivir, or getting plasma from survivors don't come from the population of people who don't experience any symptoms.

They don't come from the population of people who simply experience flu like symptoms.

They come from the population of people who are experiencing serious, life threatening complications from a deadly disease.

When you have a choice between death and taking treatment that may save you even though it hasn't been studied for years, the choice should be obvious.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    @RandomMember - why would you donate?

To save a life.

I know the FDA just approved the practice on the weekend, but use of plasma transfusions was widespread in NJ and NY in March and April.

Is it a silver bullet? No.

Is it better than nothing for the portion of people who need to take a chance? Absolutely.
  • Nidan111
    4 years ago
    @ CJKENT I absolutely will be donating
  • CJKent (Banned)
    4 years ago
    “One good thing about a sincere donation;
    once you do it,
    you get addicted to it,
    because it brings great joy and happiness to you.”

:D
  • Dave_Anderson
    4 years ago
    I can't believe people are still going along with the hysteria over this overhyped scam for six months now.

I gave it two or three weeks before the public would simply stop going with this scam.

Here's some facts about this hysteriademic: https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covi…
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Anyone who would ever support the media in this country or progressive politics should print out the article on 50 pages; stuff it in their mouths and choke on it.
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    I made it to item (3) in @Dave_Anderson's link. Item (3) states that the overall mortality since the beginning of the year is in the range of a strong inluenza season.

That's false. Do you understand? The worst flu season of the past ten years claimed 61K deaths per year. Most other years are well below that. We've nearly tripled that in Covid deaths in 6 months.

• Nidan111
    4 years ago
    I have treated 128 elderly COVID-19 patients. 28 of them died. If you think this shit is false, then you are quite frankly uneducated or misinformed via bad sources. I don’t use the media for my source. I use personal experience. If I were a few years older, I may not have done as well as I did with my case. I am generally healthy, no real comorbid conditions and NEVER get sick ... until that fuckig virus hit me!
  • founder
    4 years ago
    Nidan, nobody thinks it's false. We think the response is overblown.

• gammanu95
    4 years ago
    South Carolina college student, stepfather fatally shot in head on front lawn over fender bender: reports

https://www.foxnews.com/us/south-carolin…
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    Two P.R. Experts at F.D.A. Have Been Ousted After Blood Plasma Fiasco:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/28/healt…

"Two senior public relations experts advising the Food and Drug Administration have been ousted from their positions after fumbled communications about a blood plasma treatment for Covid-19. President Trump and the head of the F.D.A. had erroneously boasted on the eve of the Republican National Convention that the treatment sharply lowered mortality from the disease."
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    F.D.A. ‘Grossly Misrepresented’ Blood Plasma Data, Scientists Say

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/24/healt…

"Many experts — including a scientist who worked on the Mayo Clinic study — were bewildered about where a key statistic came from."
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Adolph Hitler quoted Der Sturmmer; random quotes the NYT. Tomahot/Tomayto. Many experts = progressive liars.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion