tuscl

I’m being told when texting strippers DO NOT use periods

Or risk offending them. Sorry I didn’t mean it like that Or Risk offending them

https://nypost.com/2020/08/24/young-peop…

25 comments

• misterorange
    4 years ago
    I find it offensive whenever I have to back up and re-read something because it was incorrectly punctuated.
  • whodey
    4 years ago
    I think everyone needs to ban the New York Times for using so many periods in an article that keeps telling people to stop using periods because it is aggressive and offensive

As for strippers, the only time they get offended over the use of a period in a text is while arranging OTC you ask how much and she replies "$1000" and you respond "Did you mean $10.00?"
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    I'll admit if I'm at the end of a text I've started leaving them off depending on who it's going to. If I'm writing more than one sentence sentence I still use them, because that's just how the language works.
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    @wal Woah woah woah with the punctuation Jesus Christ

@whodey lmao

@mo it’s a new world
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    Huh, interesting article. Out of curiosity, I just checked my texts, social media messages, and PMs from this site.

The closer somebody is to my age, the less likely I use periods when ending sentences. I’ll likely use them when the text is longer, but even then it looks like I’d rather use commas whenever I can.

If somebody is older (like somebody from this site), I’ve noticed I tend to be inconsistent—sometimes ending the last sentence of a message with periods, and sometimes not.

“Offend” is a strong word, but there is something to this idea of etiquette evolving. I never even noticed that before. 😅
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    Also it seems like most texts (in general) have one thought at a time. It seems like whenever one wants to keep going, it’s more common to just simply send out a second message directly after the first one. It’s understandable periods become more moot.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    I thought it was telling you not to text strippers during their periods, but what do I know I'm an old guy
  • Huntsman
    4 years ago
    This is awesome. We need more meaningless things to feel offended about.
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    This article is right in the sweet spot for the Post
  • datinman
    4 years ago
    ImayounghipdudetotallyintunewiththenuancesofMillennialculture
  • Goodclubrep
    4 years ago
    I only heard about this a few weeks ago on the radio. I have always used punctuation in texts and plan to continue. There's one in particular that I text who I wish would use punctuation. I often wonder what all her run on sentances mean and often have to diagram them while adding commas etc. An easy example would be: Fuck you or Fuck, you? Maybe that's a little simple. There are better examples.
  • Goodclubrep
    4 years ago
    Never claimed to be able to spell!
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    Oh jeez. Have I been offending people all this time for using proper punctuation?
  • SanchoRG
    4 years ago
    Can’t believe you just ended that sentance with a hard “?” smh
  • jackslash
    4 years ago
    Strippers don't use periods--nor correct spelling and grammar.
  • Nidan111
    4 years ago
    Personally, I think commas are DEFINITELY more important than periods.

Let’s eat grandma.
    Let’s eat, grandma.

Same words, but explicitly different meanings. Just saying ......... (multiple periods and no commas).
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Young people are weak.
  • SanchoRG
    4 years ago
    For sure prime example of the strength of the old and stubborn

https://theunionjournal.com/california-k…

Y’all got a full blown class war, a race war simmering and now you want to start an age war? That will not end well for the old. The default law of humanity is “might is right” and we will slip right back to that when our society breaks down.
  • Longball300
    4 years ago
    Here's some punctuation....... Who gives a crispy F%$#!

I guess my little habit of using multiple periods........ is really pissing off or confusing the younger folks. I wonder which???
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    Maybe we should end the message with "30".
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Sancho makes the mistake of assuming Might equates to physical strength, but the young are never right. Jay Gould said it best when he said: "I can always hire half the working class to kill the other half". Probably even truer now.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    Strippers seem to notice my messages - as I only use $$$$ as punctuation.

Trust me - it works!
  • MackTruck
    4 years ago
  • MackTruck
    4 years ago
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    Fuck. These. Millenials. Worst. Generation. E.V.E.R.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion