tuscl

Stacks of Ones / Singles

samiel
DFW, Texas
Monday, August 17, 2020 9:49 AM
I have a friend who constantly shows pictures of him sitting in a strip club with a stack of one dollar bills sitting on his table. I'd say anywhere from $200-$500 in singles. I don't think he really gets dances, but I know he does stage tip. Has anyone else seen this type of thing? How does it work for dancers? Do they just come and sit and grab some ones? Do they have to wait for the guy to throw singles at them? Does he wait for a bunch of girls to sit with him and then make it rain? Seems odd to me.

19 comments

• ime
    4 years ago
    I have seen it, doesn't make a difference to me. If thats how they want to hit the strip club, let them enjoy. Most times i have seen it they throw a bunch of ones and/or make it rain once in a while.
  • Member6532
    4 years ago
    Usually, when I see it atleast, it seems like an attention attempt. I got a few friends that will put a bunch of ones up to get the attention of the girls and really not spend most of it. Every once in a while they will spend $40-50 on 1 stage set and over 2 or 3 hours spend maybe $100-150 including drinks, but always to make sure they still have a stack visible at sll times. To each there own, but I have also seen girls just take some after the guy doesnt tip while sitting on stage with a stack infront of him.
  • Member6532
    4 years ago
    The odd behavior I have seen close to this was a guy, he is known for this apparently, wont spend 1 dollar, get 1 dance or talk to anyone the whole time he is there but right before he leaves dumps over $100 on stage to 1 dancer and immediately leaves with no interaction at all. Only seen it once but the girls say he does it every few months.
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    Member6532 covered the showing off part of it already. "Has anyone else seen this type of thing?" Yes, but not at the clubs I normally go to. "How does it work for dancers?" Most dancers I know would be fine to get the money at the stage or on the side as payment for their time. They'll trade it in for bigger bills if it's not the end of their shift. "Do they just come and sit and grab some ones?" Some might try just to see what they can get away with. Had a few try to grab my wallet once, playfully, to take money out of it. One actually managed to get it because I wasn't paying attention. She seemed very surprised at how quickly I was able to get the wallet back and politely tell her to stop playing. If she'd gotten money out of it there would not have been playtime getting it back. I was much younger then. Don't get that type of thing now. I've also had dancers try to grab change. If he's showing off stacks in a place with hoodrats there's no telling, but if he responded to it the proper way if would only happen once. "Do they have to wait for the guy to throw singles at them?" Depends on the guy. Some will just take some off the stack and hand it/toss it tableside. "Does he wait for a bunch of girls to sit with him and then make it rain?" If that's his thing. Guy surrounded by girls means more hands. If he doesn't have his boys (or management if he's a known high roller) around to watch money will probably go missing unless the girls know they're going to get a cut. Guys with the small stacks barside are usually ok.
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    Remember Al Bundy at the nudie bar? [view link]
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    There was a similar thread I think like a month ago posted about this? I personally consider this group very much a mixed bag. And usually when I do well with them, it’s because someone approached me and not the other way around.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I don't recall seeing it personally - I do recall someone posting a vid/story about 2-years-ago about two-guys that were doing this and a dancer walked by and snatched a handful of the money and if I remember correctly a melee breaking-out. Personally - to each their own - but I see it as a douche move - seems mostly a way to show-off and draw attention to yourself as some kinda baller similar to the rain-makers - seems part of the hip-hop thing about showing-off, coming off as a baller, and "making some kinda impression" - there's a subset of hip-hop type SCers that will turn ALL their club-$$$ into $1s and either stack it on the table, throw it in the air, or on the floor via air-dances - if they have $100 dollars to spend in the club, they will purpose spend it all in $1s "for effect and attention" I suppose - they have a right to spend their $$$ as they see fit and I have a right to opine they look like idiots desperate for attention.
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    Yeah I don't get it either
  • Bavarian
    4 years ago
    Yeah. They are just there to show off. They also tend to wear thick gold necklaces. They just tip any waitress or stripper that sits at their table.
    4 years ago
    The same mentality that goes to a nightclub, buys a table and bottle then sits there alone hoping to get attention. To each their own but I think it’s kinda sad.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    I’d like to hear from some of the dancers here, but I don’t think piles of ones impress them. I knew a dancer who called ones “stripper litter”. She gave all the ones she got from her shift to her son.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I think many if not most dancers like the $ingles guys (rain-makers, etc) b/c it's easy-$$$ - these guys often ask very little of the dancers b/c it's not about the dancers but mostly about them showing-off
  • samiel
    4 years ago
    Yeah, this guy definitely loves to show off his money. He's always posting pictures of his car/watches/clothes/etc. I'm guessing he puts the ones on the table (and takes pictures of them) to get attention (both from girls and on Facebook). I'm just wondering if it works for him. I can definitely see where it might be an easy job for the girls, depending on how long they have to sit with him and how much he gives them. Honestly though, he really seems like a douche.
  • blahblahblah23
    4 years ago
    These types are hard to predict. Some have a bunch of 1s out for attention but hardly spend. Others will spend but very selectively. Some will throw money at the stage and not even pay any attention to the dancer. Some tip a good number of girls really well.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    Isn’t this a ploy to get noticed? This guy is putting his big thick wad on the table - to make other guys envious. It’s a proxy for penis envy. Regardless of how he spends, it’s a sad attempt to compensate for a short coming. Maybe he drives one of those big pick up trucks - with big fat tires - to show everyone how manly he is.
  • IceyLoco
    4 years ago
    They do it to lure dancers. A lot of guys who show money use it as bait and aren't always willing to spend it
  • Mate27
    4 years ago
    Looks like a tactic used by Icey Loco or Randumbmember.
  • Techman
    4 years ago
    I think that it is demeaning to throw money at dancers. If they do not get close enough to tuck it in I do not tip. Except under Kung Flu if it is not possible. I carry $5 and singles. $5's get attention in most places. A one dollar tip is an insult now thanks to the FED.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    "All the girls walk by, dressed up for each other......". This is the guy version. Its no more than showing off, similar to the trophy wife. Amen Cash, in fact in my last road rage incident my comment to the guy in the big truck with big fat tires was: "I have a working penis so I drive a small car ... you drive a really big one ........because ....well, enough said." Took the moron almost 90 seconds to figure out the insult, but by that time he was done with me and me with him because my wife was now mad and yelling shit at both of us lol
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion