tuscl

NBA Playoffs /. Who ya got ?

Warrior15
Anywhere there are Titties.
Saturday, August 15, 2020 3:38 PM
Yes, it's August and the NBA playoffs are just getting started. Portland has already defeated Memphis for a play-in game for the right to face the Lakers in the first round. Can King James win another ? Will the Greek Freak take over the crown ? Will the Clippers win it all ? ( Did I just say the Clippers ? ) I'm gonna say its going to be the Clippers and the Buck in the Finals. The Bucks win the first Championship since Lew Alcindor. Who ya' got ?

102 comments

• twentyfive
    4 years ago
    It's been such a screwed up time I haven't really watched a lot of basketball I don't know who looks good at this point has LeBron not been quite so dominating he is getting older, hope I can find some time to watch some of the playoffs.
  • loper
    4 years ago
    Go Celitcs. Good chance of winning the East. Championship, who knows?
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I've recently lost my interest in the National BlackLivesMatter Association
  • TFP
    4 years ago
    Hard to say who will win. Ive only seen some of the recent highlights with Lillard playing out of his mind. But Portland will not beat the Lakers. It's out of the Lakers, Bucks, and Clippers. I think the Lakers have a good chance of winning, but LeBron haters will still have a field day claiming that this season doesn't count, etc. All I know is, it is entertaining and I'm glad the NBA came back. I'm happy for all the sports being back actually. Yes even hockey.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    I'm with Papi. I'd rather binge watch reruns of Cash Cab than any professional sports these days.
  • Garfield84
    4 years ago
    Oh my man @papiChulo..it was just yesterday ( exactly February 2020) we were together watching nique -Jordan slam dunk contest and nba all star Friday night at Tootsies. . How 6 months can change everything. You like nba way too much, you’ll be back. Anyway, I’m experiencing my own conflict. I’m a hawks fan but they ain’t in it. I like Lebron but I hate the Lakers. So I’m going with the clippers. Blazers can’t play no defense. Dallas won’t make it out the first because they gotta face the clippers . Houston has no Westbrook and harden is only worth a damn in the regular season. Personally, I think okc will put the rockets out with or without Westbrook. I think clippers and lakers will be in the western conference finals and it’s a toss up who will win. It’ll go 7 though. In the East, I think Boston will take it. They play like a complete team and until Greek Freak gets a reliable jump shot, they will always be suspect to me. Boston vs Milwaukee In ECF, Celtics in 6. Celtics vs clippers . Clippers in 6
  • Cristobal
    4 years ago
    I am rooting for the Lakers to win it all beating the Celtics in the finals. The NBA's political message does not influence my stance on the subject, nor does it affect my desire to watch the games. Let the NBA playoffs begin. Go Lakers!
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    DGAF. The players can take their kneeling and BLM propaganda and shove it up their collective, entitled asses.
  • etsutwigg222
    4 years ago
    Don't care. Those pampered, cry baby millionaires need to move to China, because that is where their loyalty is.
  • Longball300
    4 years ago
    The NBA is playing games?
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    I did the same post about right as the 2019 NBA playoffs started. That thread grew to about 300 posts. Is it people are not interested in basketball when football is supposed to be starting ? OR has the Black Lives Matter movement inside the NBA turned people away. ?
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    ^ might be a bit of both, most people have more pressing concerns, and maybe the BLM is too radical for the folks with enough disposable income to get with.
  • Longball300
    4 years ago
    @Warrior - Yes and Yes
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    Don’t care. Bunch of arrogant millionaires calling me racist while kowtowing to the tyrants in Beijing. Fuck em all.
  • Longball300
    4 years ago
    Lining their pockets with $$ from a country that oppresses the masses and utilizes slave labor to make their signature shoes. Hypocrites.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    The NBA defends communist China and dumps on the most democratic nation in the history of the world - and no one does this more than LaHypocrite James
  • Tetradon
    4 years ago
    Some of the "approved" jersey phrases are a laugh. "Group Economics"? Really, a bunch of millionaires paid to put a rubber ball through a suspended metal ring are endorsing "group economics"? LOL!
  • daddyfatsack
    4 years ago
    Sticking to the topic: give me the Celtics over the Clippers in 7 Regarding the bs this turned into: hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahabahahahahaha
  • PredragDr
    4 years ago
    Lakers/Bucks played so poorly it was as if they wanted to leave the bubble and go home. In a year of upheaval and cries for justice, it would be apt for the long maligned Clippers to win their 1st ever championship in franchise history.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    Is there a team with any white guys - besides the coach? I’m rooting for that imaginary team!
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    ^. Dallas Mavericks. Of course, those players are European.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    For the first time I'm rooting for team Corona
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Fuck the NBA. Tear your ACL LeBron
  • booji boy
    4 years ago
    Raptors. Fun to read people slagging the NBA & China given that the leader of the free world has rested his nose between Xi's plump buttocks on multiple occasions.
  • GoVikings
    4 years ago
    i'll pick los angeles clippers vs. milwaukee bucks as well. bucks lost game 1 but i'm sure they'll get it together and turn things around. the reason i'm not picking the lakers in the west is because i don't trust their players not named lebron or anthony davis. the clippers are more well-rounded. i watched lakers vs. blazers last night. neither team shot well but it was a competitive game and logo lilliard made some huge shots down the stretch
  • PredragDr
    4 years ago
    Bucks probably have the most American white guys in their rotation. None are superstars but Korver, Connaughton and DiVincenzo all get minutes. The Heat start two white guys and have another three come off the bench, but not alll are American.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Mea Cupla: I watched the NBA tonight. Jayson Tatum is a top 12 player. Taco fall hit a baby hook in the lane. Had this been a real home game in the garden the place would have gone fucking nuts. Sports without fans seems to defeat the purpose. Weird to have 2 Boston playoff games on tv and not be at a strip club....
  • Cristobal
    4 years ago
    There are some good match ups and a few upsets in the first four days of the playoffs. Milwaukee, the Clippers, and Lakers all lost one game. All the Western Conference match ups are tied 1-1. To me the virtual fans and the fake crowd noise are annoying but it is better than not having live basketball.
  • Cristobal
    4 years ago
    The Philadelphia 76ers are the first team to be eliminated from the NBA playoffs, they lost Boston Celtics today and were swept out of the first round. This was a team which the media lauded as a team on the rise with young stars Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid (considered the best big man in the East) complementing expensive free agent acquisitions Tibias Harris and Al Hortford. The organization has a plan, called The Process, which was taking games to acquire high draft picks and surround them with good, complementary players, forcing their fans to endure (and pay) losing seasons. The Process has now produced a first round sweep and a bloated roster with no flexibility for the forseable future.
  • TFP
    4 years ago
    Doncic with the game winner over Mr. DPOY Leonard!! Kid is amazing!
  • TFP
    4 years ago
    Ok I guess I was wrong. Kawhi got screened out and Doncic simply cooked Reggie like he did all game.
  • chessmaster
    4 years ago
    Yesterday had a slate of awesome games with the exception of 76ers v Celtics. Luka buzzer beater, Mitchell and Murray both drop 50 in the same game and Toronto scored 100 bench points! Too bad a lot of people are tuning out because of the sjw politics.
  • Cristobal
    4 years ago
    After losing game 1 to the Portland Trailer Blazers, the Lakers win four in a row to advance to 2nd round of the NBA playoffs. They a wait the winner of the Houston-OKC series, with Houston leading 3-2. The Clippers lead Dallas 3-2 and the Jazz lead the Nuggets 3-2. In the Eastern Conference all the first round series have cincluded with secind round matches set: Milwaukee plays Miami, and Toronto plays Boston.
  • Cristobal
    4 years ago
    Today the Eastern Conference Finals begin with Miami at Boston, a surprise match up. Then the Clippers play the Nuggets in a game 7 with the Lakers awaiting the winner with the Western Conference beginning on Friday. I look forward to both games.
  • Garfield84
    4 years ago
    I can’t believe the clippers are playing a game 7. I can’t believe they Kate’s game 6 the same time as the early nfl game . I didn’t even know it was on. I hope clippers win as I like Kawhi and despise the Lakers. But clippers have looked like shit the last two games. I expect Lakers-Celtics finals. Lakers in 6. Sadly
  • Cristobal
    4 years ago
    @garfield84 Sorry Clippers played badly again as they gave up a 3-1 series lead, the Nuggets will face the Lakers in the Western Conference Finals, which begin this Friday. In game one of the Eastern Conference Finals, the Heat take game one in OT from the Celtics. Gane 2 on Thursday night.
  • loper
    4 years ago
    Celtics sucked last night. Need a new head coach in my opinion. Was hoping for a zoom parade in Boston this year, but probably not.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Yeah its Stevens fault that Kemba Walker can only make shots in meaningless regular season games and that Hayward is hurt.
  • loper
    4 years ago
    Yeah, he kept playing Kemba even though he's been ineffective for the past 4 games. The defense has figured him out and he's useless at this point. And at the end, when they were up by any amount, they switched to pounding the ball and going iso in the last seconds, not something they've ever been good at. Terrible coaching job last night.
  • PredragDr
    4 years ago
    The curse of the Clippers is real! I don't want to see the Lakers go all the way, but it almost seems inevitable. At least, the Eastern Conference Finals looks tight. When the NBA Finals roll around, I think I will direct my sports focus to baseball and hope another LA-based team falters.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Celtics aren't deep enough to make up for deficiencies in the starting 5. Miss Hayward tremendously.
  • Cristobal
    4 years ago
    Lakers vs Nuggets starts Friday, it should be a good series which the Lakers should win. Heat took game one in a series that should go seven games, with Boston squeaking by the Heat, game two on Thursday. Should be fun to watch.
  • chessmaster
    4 years ago
    That 4th quarter last night for the clippers was some of the worst basketball i think I've seen in a playoff game in a while. Leonard, George, Lou will all garbage. That shot from the corner where pg hit the side of the backboard was especially terrible.
  • Cristobal
    4 years ago
    @chessmaster And the Clippers quit with about 115 left and down by 15 points, with Leonard and Paul George going to the bench, not even willing to give the effort. Yes, 15 points is a pretty good lead but they gave up, the Clippers are the same old Clippers once again.
  • loper
    4 years ago
    skibum, Hayward is a net minus for the year. He looks good at times but according to the stats the celtics are better off without him.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    That's true that they have a better winning percentage this regular season without him, but my guess is strength of opponent might make it meaningless. They have offensive issues at the end of games and he'd make a shooting difference. Wonder if dolls will have the celts or nfl on tonight.
  • Garfield84
    4 years ago
    I was more pissed the clippers got ousted than my falcons getting their ass whooped
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    I amazed and impressed the Miami Heat up two games over the Celtics I’d never have guessed that
  • loper
    4 years ago
    Brad Stevens has been outcoached by Nurse, and now by Spoelstra.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Yes, Stevens shouldn't be missing open shots, throwing the ball away who doing a houdini at crunch time like Tatum. The lack of size is killing the Celtics.
  • WillMunny
    4 years ago
    What's the line on Covid wiping out everybody?
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    ^ Well considering they are playing in a bubble, I would say the odds of Covid wiping everyone out are very small. BUT ...... I do wonder if the bubble has anything to do with the play of certain teams. I've heard that the players now hate it there and feel like they are in a prison. Can't go anywhere. I'm not saying that teams are losing on purpose so they can get out. But maybe the bubble is what made the Clippers turn on each other. Being around each other so much, they are getting on each other's nerves. Kwahi is not a vocal leader so he's not really the guy to get them inline. You know that Lebron is keeping his team focused.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Some teams/players get better under the bright lights (Miami, Nicola Jokic) and some wilt under the bright lights (Clippers/Giannis).
  • Cristobal
    4 years ago
    @warrior15 I doubt the bubble was the reason the Clippers lost, all the teams are dealing with challenges of bubble life, the NBA allowed a limited amount of family into the bubble for the 2nd round of the playoffs, though not a perfect solution it was a decent attempt to help the players.
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    Will somebody please beat the Lakers ? I just don't' think I can take any more GOAT discussions about LeBron.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Michael Jordan is the goat.
  • Cristobal
    4 years ago
    The GOAT discussions are fun but really it is a difficult discussion, comparing eras, statistics, and accomplishments. It usually comes down to personal preferences. @warrior15 Unfortunately, the only team that will beat the Lakers is the Lakers, if they play up to their potential and stay healthy they should be accepting the Larry O'Brien Trophy from Commission Silver and the GOAT discussions will follow.
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    These playoffs are probably the most “fair” playoffs of all time. Best of 7, sixteen teams and no home court advantage. We’ve all said for years the 82 game season is worthless and it’s the playoff tournament that produces the winner. Lakers look like the front runner but they still need to win. Whoever wins it will be a righteous title and I’m glad to have sports back.
  • loper
    4 years ago
    Celtics look good tonight, but can they avoid the 3rd quarter slump?
  • Cristobal
    4 years ago
    The way these playoffs have gone, Miami has the Celtics exactly where the want them. Should be a fun 2nd half.
  • Cristobal
    4 years ago
    Boston held on to win game 3 and make this a series, with the winner going to the NBA finals. Tonight the Lakers play the Nuggets in game 2 of the Western Conference Finals, looking to take a 2-0 series lead. Denver is a resilient team overcoming two 1-3 series deficits this playoffs and should present a challenge for the Lakers.
  • Cristobal
    4 years ago
    Anthony Davis hit a three point shot as time expired to win the game and give the Lakers a 2-0 series lead against the Denver Nuggets. Game 3 is in Tuesday night.
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    When the play-offs started, I predicted the Clippers vs the Bucks in the finals. Partly because there two good teams. But also partly because I wanted new blood in the NBA realm. How often do the Clippers and Bucks get to the Finals ? Well, never for the Clips, and not in a lifetime for the Bucks. Now, I have a feeling it's gonna be the Lakers vs the Celtics for the umpteenth time.
  • SmashingHoes
    4 years ago
    The Lakers have too many athletic big men who can cover Jokic 1 on 1 where they dont have to double team him like the Clippers did in the previous serious. The Lakers have the advantage as they have a bigger lineup than the Nuggets and if they can negate Jokic, then Murray wont be able to beat them by himself in the series.
  • SmashingHoes
    4 years ago
    Fuck these old ass cantankerous white men who are always complaining about being "racist". White men are at the top of the social pyramid, have white privilege, and are INCESSANTLY WHINING when minorities want to level the playing field, you conflate that as a sign of oppression. White men are some of the biggest complainers and bitches in today's world.
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    Nuggets finally won a game. Can they make it a series now ? They got behind in both of their other playoff series and eventually won. Celtics and Heat tonight. Are the Heat are going to start to fade?
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    I’m really enjoying the Heats dominance it’s been a long time and there’s a lot of S Floridians rooting for them
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    25 - Your Heat are one step closer to the Finals. The Celtics really are disappointing. Will someone please beat the Lakers ? Go Nuggets.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    ^ Well the Celtics are from Boston that disappoints a lot of people all by itself LOL
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Celtics issue is simple: No floor leader. Tatum thinks he's the best player in the league; Brown thinks he's the smartest guy on earth and always right; Smart who has longevity and toughness cannot accept he is at best 6th man and they never lead. In football they have a saying that if you have 2 quarterbacks, in reality you have none. In basketball if you have three leaders, in reality you have none. Where are you KG?
  • Cristobal
    4 years ago
    Lakers win game 4 and take a 3-1 series lead with game 5 on Saturday. Denver is a resilient team Murray and Jokic are great players, the Lakers will have to bring their A game to close out the series. Celtics v Heat game 5 on Friday night, the Heat lead 3-1.
  • Cristobal
    4 years ago
    Boston played an inspired game, coming back from a third quarter lead and making it a series, Heat still lead 3-2. Lakers have a chance to send Denver home tonight, or can Denver start another come back down 3-1.
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    Has anyone posting TV Ratings for the games this year. They have to be WAY down from last year's playoffs.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ^ seems on avg it may have taken a hit but at the same time it seems people are tuning in for the primetime games: "... The NBA playoff action for all 66 telecasts -- starting in August -- is down 33% to an average 2.4 million viewers per game, according to Nielsen’s live program-plus-same day viewing. Twenty-four prime-time telecasts are down 5% to 3.3 million ..." [view link]
  • Cristobal
    4 years ago
    Congratulations to the Los Angeles Lakers for advancing to the 2020 NBA Finals. The Lakers await the winner of the Heat-Celtics series, the Heat lead 3-2, with game 6 on Sunday.
  • Cristobal
    4 years ago
    The 2020 NBA Finals are set, the Los Angeles Lakers vs the Miami Heat will start on Wednesday.
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    Seeing that Lebron tried to get Erik Spoelstra replaced as the Heat coach when he played for Miami, I would love for the Heat to beat the Lakers and King James.
  • WavvyCain
    4 years ago
    What about these refs being shit? I want lakers to win for Kobe but I also wanna see Jimmy butler win. Imma go with lakers just for Kobe tho.
  • Cristobal
    4 years ago
    After overcoming a 13 point déficit in the 1st quarter the Laker, behind great defense and led by LeBron James, took control of Game One of the 2020 NBA finals with a 116-98 victory (series lead 1-0) over the Miami Heat. Game 2 is scheduled for Friday 6pm PST on ABC.
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    I got so excited as the game began. I was so hoping the Heat would put in on the Lakers. I didn't watch the 2nd half. Too late here on the East Coast for an old guy that has to work the next day. Plus, I could seen the inevitable happening. I am afraid Lebron is going to get his 4th title. The GOAT people will be out in force soon. I'll just plug my ears.
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    For the first time last night I watched a few minutes of the playoffs. I tuned in and Miami was up 13 in the first quarter. When the quarter ended they were down and that's the last I watched. I've said here before although I appreciate lebron helping bring a ring to Cleveland I never liked him after the first time he left. He's an egotistical ass and I'd like to see him fail even though he probably won't.
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    Eh. I like lebron. I thought he was douchey with the whole produced spectacle of “The Decision” but he’s a great talent and I like watching him play. He always gets compared to Jordan but he more reminds me of Magic. Maybe even Bird as LeBron had no jump shot when he came into the league and now is pretty solid outside and even from 3. His best skill has always been his vision and passing and he seems like he’ll have that forever. His defense suffered a few years while he was carrying the team in his second run with the Cavs but he seems to be better now. What he’s been able to do with a power forward body, playing like a point guard/SG/SF is pretty awesome. He obviously works hard to stay healthy, get better and is driven to win. And 9 out of 10 finals appearances with very few missed games while turning 35? Is he the GOAT? I don’t care. I just like watching him play. Even his business deals have turned out well with his childhood buddy in charge of them. No scandals, married with kids. I feel bad for the haters because they are denying themselves a chance to appreciate a once in a lifetime player. PS - he was also really funny in Trainwreck too.
  • Cristobal
    4 years ago
    Led by LeBron James and Anthony Davis the Los Angeles Lakers win game 2 over the Miami of the 2020 NBA finals to take a 2-0 series lead. Game 3 is Sunday at 430PM PST on ABC.
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    I forgot about the game. Or maybe I purposely didn't want to see a Laker victory. Looks like Lebron is going to get Championship #4.
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    Big night from Jimmy Butler. Heat defeat the Lakers in Game 3. Series 2-1 . Lebron complained all night. He charges virtually every time he goes to basket and expects the refs to call the contact a foul on the other player. Excellent coaching job by Erik Spoelstra.
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    Another thing about lebron. Years ago during his first term in Cleveland the Indians gave him and his group box seats as their guests to a game and the fuckhead shows up wearing a Yankees hat. Totally classless!
  • PredragDr
    4 years ago
    Bam is back tonight. Rooting for the Heat to maintain FL sports dominance in the COVID era.
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    Damnit. Game doesn't start until 9pm EST. Oh well. I'll read about it in the morning.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I heard they were renaming the Larry O'Brien trophy to the George Floyd trophy
  • Cristobal
    4 years ago
    Lakers win game 4 of the 2020 NBA Finals and take a 3-1 lead, series clinching game 5 on ABC on Friday at 6pm.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    "NBA Will Leave Social Justice Messages To Be ‘Delivered Off The Floor’ Amid Ratings Dive" "... The league’s decision to embrace the Black Lives Matter movement was controversial even among team owners, but Silver demanded that teams comply to show support for the league’s black players, according to NBC News ..." "... “Adam Silver told them, ‘Hey guys, this is what we’re going to do to support our players. Our league is overwhelmingly comprised of African American players. This is important. This is a partnership. We need to work together to get through this season and into next year,'” the outlet reported ..." "... Of the league’s 350 players, 300 chose to wear jerseys with social justice messaging, ESPN’s The Undefeated adds ..." "... But the league is now struggling to retain viewership. According to Sports Illustrated, the 2020 NBA Finals, between the Los Angeles Lakers and the Miami Heat — two teams that typically draw in huge audiences — is the lowest in league history ..." "... “We’re completely committed to standing for social justice and racial equality and that’s been the case going back decades. It’s part of the DNA of this league. How it gets manifested is something we’re gonna have to sit down with the players and discuss for next season,” Silver told NBA Countdown ..." "... “I would say, in terms of the messages you see on the court and our jerseys, this was an extraordinary moment in time when we began these discussions with the players and what we all lived through this summer. My sense is there’ll be somewhat a return to normalcy, that those messages will largely be left to be delivered off the floor,” he added ..." [view link]
  • Cristobal
    4 years ago
    Lakers v Heat in Game 5 of the 2020 NBA Finals on ABC tonight at 6pm, the Lakers are up 3-1 and a win tonight would clinch their 17th NBA Championship.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Great game by Butler looks like the pressure is on the Lakers now the Heat ain’t going down without a fight
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    In this series, each time I watch the game, the Lakers win. If I don't watch it, then the Heat wins. So I'm not watching game 6. Go Heat.
  • loper
    4 years ago
    Beat L.A.! (standard chant of a Celitcs fan)
  • Cristobal
    4 years ago
    Lakers try once again to clinch the NBA Finals Championship while the Heat attempt to force a decisive game 7, game 6 tonight at 430pm PST on ABC.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Warrior don’t watch give the Heat a chance
  • Cristobal
    4 years ago
    The 2020 NBA Finals Champions: THE LOS ANGELES LAKERS
  • PredragDr
    4 years ago
    Basketball's evil empire rises again though they had to sacrifice one of their greats earlier this year. They say a parade is postponed indefinitely. Folks still gathered around the Staples Center throwing bottles and rocks at cops.
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    It's not my fault. I didn't watch. But the Lakers did still win. Let the GOAT talk begin on Lebron. I guess he does belong in the discussion. But to me, Michael Jordan is still the GOAT. Followed by Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, then Wilt Chamberlain. I'm thinking I would put at about #5-8 on my all time list.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    ^ quote from your buddy, flagooner LeBron is unquestionably the GOAT
  • WavvyCain
    4 years ago
    The Goat Lebron won me 10 racks 🔥🔥🔥
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion